BANGKOK 18 February 2019 08:47
WebGuy

Staying in Thailand for three months

This question is for a good friend of mine:

Hello. I want to stay three months in Thailand this winter. I was thinking about using my marriage certificate and applying in England. However, I don't see my Thai wife anymore but we are not officially divorced. Any thoughts on that?

Cheers

What a good friend you are, WebGuy.  I doubt the Thai Embassy are too interested as long as all the documentation is in order.  

• Thanks 1

Arriving with a single-entry tourist visa you get permission to stay for 60 days and this can be extended by another 30 days.

• Thanks 1

If you have your marriage certificate and copy of your wife's ID card you could apply for a single entry non-o visa.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have your marriage certificate and copy of your wife's ID card you could apply for a single entry non-o visa.

If a UK marriage cert is held, does it need to get legalized by a Thai diplomatic mission in the UK before making the visa application?

2 hours ago, post said:

If a UK marriage cert is held, does it need to get legalized by a Thai diplomatic mission in the UK before making the visa application?

Not apply for a non-o visa at an embassy or consulate.

To apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage your foreign marriage has to be registered at an Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry. To do that it requires your marriage certificate to be legalized by the UK government and the embassy in London and then translated to Thai.

• Like 2