Boxing - Mayweather says he will fight Pacquiao again this year

rooster59

Boxing - Mayweather says he will fight Pacquiao again this year

800x800 (11).jpg

FILE PHOTO: Eleven-time, five-division world champion Floyd "Money" Mayweather (L) and eight-division world champion Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquiao attend a press conference in Los Angeles, California March 11, 2015. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

(Reuters) - Former heavyweight champion Floyd Mayweather said on Saturday he was coming out of retirement for a 2018 rematch with Manny Pacquiao.

"I’m coming back to fight Manny Pacquiao this year," Mayweather, 41, said on his Instagram account. "Another 9 figure pay day on the way."

An accompanying video showed the two fighters at a music festival in Tokyo but it was difficult to hear what they were saying.

In a later video obtained by ESPN, Mayweather says, "Tokyo Japan here we go.... I'm coming back in December."

He added, "I'm going to take it (the belt) from him like I did before. We gonna get the payday and I don't want no shoulder excuses."

A rematch had been speculated for years after the two met in a ballyhooed 2015 fight.

Undefeated Mayweather scored a unanimous decision that earned him an estimated $220 million. Pacquiao later said he was hampered by a right shoulder injury.

Mayweather was back in the ring in 2017, winning by a technical knockout over mixed martial arts world champion Conor McGregor to run his boxing record to 50-0.

He earned a reported $300 million and McGregor $100 million in one of the richest fights in history.

Pacquiao (60-7-2) last fought in July, knocking out Argentine Lucas Matthysse.

Afterward, when asked about a rematch with Mayweather, the Filipino boxer said: "I have the belt, so it's up to him. If he wants to come back in boxing let's do a second one."

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-09-16

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

He’s running out of money. That guy spends like crazy. Just one example, his female barber goes wherever he goes. He gets his head shaved at least twice sometimes thrice a week. She gets 1000 dollars per shave! 

Floyd Weatherman's net worth is 340 million dollars .Thats more then a shave a minute.for life.. So you have no idea what you were saying right ? Just guessing in the air.  Funny ,Funny

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2018 at 1:21 PM, AsiaHand said:

Floyd Weatherman's net worth is 340 million dollars .Thats more then a shave a minute.for life.. So you have no idea what you were saying right ? Just guessing in the air.  Funny ,Funny

The shave was just one example. It’s a well known fact that Floyd is a big spender. YouTube is littered with videos of Floyd talking about it and showing off his prized possessions like watches for a million dollars. 

I‘d appreciate it if you did some research on the subject matter first next time before accusing me of not having a clue!

Lastly, just to give you an example of how fast serious money can be gone, have a look at Mike Tyson. He threw, according to himself, 2 billion dollars out the window for whores, cocaine, jewelry, cars, tigers, real estate, clothing and cash gifts to people from his old neighborhood. If one lives the hi-so lifestyle 340 million can be gone in a matter of years. Why do you think Floyd came out of retirement to potentially screw up his perfect record by fighting McGregor, if not for the money?

Archived