How unlikely hero helps stray dogs in Pattaya

rooster59

How unlikely hero helps stray dogs in Pattaya

By Dan Cheeseman

stray-dogs-pattaya.jpeg

For many the stray dogs of Thailand are viewed – rightly or wrongly – as a nuisance. Regardless of your position these are still ‘mans best friend’ and for these animals very often their best ways of survival is from the love and support of people.

This is a story of one ladies complete commitment to helping the stray dogs of Pattaya every single day, which comes at a big personal cost to her too. One can only be admire her dedication and passion in making a difference with these dogs, whereas most would just turn a blind eye.

In today’s modern world where most of us work hard for our own benefit, she spends the majority of her earnings on paying for dog food each day.

Full story: https://danaboutthailand.com/2018/09/08/how-unlikely-hero-helps-stray-dogs-in-pattaya/

DAN ABOUT THAILAND

Weekly Vlogs and Blogs from in and around Thailand

5 minutes ago, essox essox said:

why DO PEOPLE need to be registered ???????????

Do not get your point !!!

It was a stab at a joke.

How we should control people like we control dogs because dogs can't reason so well much like people.

I'm a poor joke maker. Sorry. 

On a serious note, I see the dog problem never being solved in Thailand unless the dogs solve it themselves. 

1 minute ago, stud858 said:

It was a stab at a joke.

How we should control people like we control dogs because dogs can't reason so well much like people.

I'm a poor joke maker. Sorry. 

On a serious note, I see the dog problem never being solved in Thailand unless the dogs solve it themselves. 

not a very good joke.....

All strays should be darted and disposed of humanely....they are a nuisance to society

Thais continue to amaze... cleaning the beach with a parade a party and a free t-shirt, helping unwanted dogs live a full, reproductive and healthy life , reuniting lost wallets with foreing owners , improving  the appearance of squid(s)..all with the ever popular'' photo opp''....where will It end !!!..

Is this stray dog loving clown  responsible for feeding those vicious soi dogs around the back of sth pattaya...  thanon theparitt  or something like that.

that was 5 years ago ,,,ankle biting ,rabies infested soi dogs everywhere  . never been back .

Bangkok dogs are filthy but not aggressive.

2 hours ago, gunderhill said:

She's  nuts, she's helping no one but exacerbating the problem. I see these nut cases all over Thailand, think they'll get some merit.

My feeling is that you are the one who is nuts and hateful and cruel.  If this woman wants to spend her time and money taking care of these dogs why don't you put your money where your big mouth is and have a few of these soi dogs neutered.

In a very recently published article on this forum, the subject was about a village suddenly becoming concerned about the behaviour of soi dogs because a child had been bitten by a dog that was found to be rabid.  The Thai government of the area declared it as a danger mistakenly stating that people could contract rabies from those who had contact with the child involved.  Rabies is not transmitted that way.  Is it not a revelation that suddenly one child is bitten by such an animal and everything changes.  Before the bite, nobody cared but afterwards, everybody became up in arms, especially as the medical authorities said they had no more rabies vaccinations left.  Rabies shots should be made mandatory.  It takes three shots spread out over a three months period, i.e. one shot a month, then the person is good for a long time.  If bitten the person needs one booster shot.  The way this is handled in a "civilised" country is for the animal to be sent to the nearest veterinary university facility where it is euthanised and undergoes an autopsy to determine if it is rabid.  The result is one soi dog less and the general public in the area are safe from the animal.  I did note the mother of the child is only 17 and therefore seems to lack a skill known as responsibility.  At the time of the incident, she was not even paying attention to the sleeping child.

'nuf sed

7 minutes ago, kjun12 said:

My feeling is that you are the one who is nuts and hateful and cruel.  If this woman wants to spend her time and money taking care of these dogs why don't you put your money where your big mouth is and have a few of these soi dogs neutered.

My Big  foot  would do a much better job

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

not a very good joke.....

All strays should be darted and disposed of humanely....they are a nuisance to society

I agree, and that's the joke. Something so obvious with common reasoning yet humans as a group can't get themselves sorted. Don't you find that funny a lot?

12 minutes ago, 300sd said:

If everyone was as concerned about the soi dog situation as she is, there most likely would not be a soi dog problem.

If everyone did what this lady does... go out feed the dogs every day... then the country would have more dogs than humans!

There are reasons whey people should not feed them, mainly that the population of them will go up and up.. leading to more suffering and neglected dogs, and the problem gets bigger and bigger.  Feeding them is not a solution to help their suffering... it is making it worse!!!

Same reason people are told no to feed the pigeons in many cities... as then they reach plague proportions and need to be culled.

Sure it's nice to feed some hungry animal. get that warm feeling in your heart.. but if anyone is going to do that they need to take the next step and really help it... which requires more effort and money... but, if everyone did that.. then the stray dog problem would be gone as they would be re homed, sterilised, and taken care of.  Feeding the dogs is not about making the dogs life better, its about selfish reasons to make the human feel good.  

Anyway.. I am off out now to go around the city for a few hours with a few sacks of seeds to feed all the rats... as I have not seen anyone feeding the hungry poor rats LOL.

Hope the news reporter goes an interviews this woman when one of her stray dogs bites the face off a 3 year old, or gives a mother rabies, or bites the calf muscle off a mototaxi driver. If a dog doesn't have an owner then it is no mans friend, it is a nuisance.

I have noticed all the female dogs lately with their titties hanging must be breading season. must be loads of new litters stashed in the bushes ready for the next generation of soi dogs.  Its sad to see some starving to skin and bones whilst others need fat camp. 

I hope you will live in the street one day and then i hope everybody will pass you and give you nothing to help you selfish p...k
In Thailand a person can always go to a temple and get food and shelter...along with quite a large number of dogs and cats.

Mostly If a person is seen roaming around the streets causing disturbance,accidents,chasing and bitting,defecating...they are rounded up and taken to somewhere they can't harm themselves or others.

What you say makes no sense , so whe should stop feed the poor children in africa ,because their parents keep on having children so the problem is the people helping the poor children ??. The stupid parents who keep making baby's should be helped and the same thing for dogs just castrate them then the problem will stop not by not feeding stray dogs you dumb f...
Poeple and dogs are not the same !
at the moment we have no way to talk and reason with dogs why they shouldn't reproduce at every opportunity...we can try to reason with poeple not to have so many children..we can also ask them not to cause disturbance to others,chase and bite,run into the road etc etc.

IMHO there are already too many humans on the planet...but that doesn't mean there should be more dogs.

Archived