Fuel kilos

Kwasaki

Anyone watch their fuel kilos to the litre, at all.

Where I have been trotting around lately there's lots of speed cameras, so bored just been noticing highs & lows & averages of the truck.

Gauge readouts 21high, 16.5 average, 11.4 low.

Speed on highway steady at 90 - 100 in 6th and changing gears as soon as dash readout signals.

My 3.0 Mu-X (4x4) sips along averaging between 12 and 13 km/L. I don't have a light right foot (reference the number of photos of my car I keep getting in the post).

I do the same commute pretty well every day but there seems no rhyme or reason what the average comes out at each week, I use roughly a 55L tank a week (tank is 65L, I don't like taking risks).

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

My 3.0 Mu-X (4x4) sips along averaging between 12 and 13 km/L. I don't have a light right foot (reference the number of photos of my car I keep getting in the post).

I do the same commute pretty well every day but there seems no rhyme or reason what the average comes out at each week, I use roughly a 55L tank a week (tank is 65L, I don't like taking risks).

My Vigo 3.0 use to be about same yours but I didn't have a dash readout like in the now Isuzu truck and it only 1.9.

Around town almost dead on 10 kpl......Goes up around 12+ on a road trip fully loaded (seems we never go unladen).....

If I go 620 k it's 62 liters just about bang on.....Tank holds about 70.....

If parked & waiting for somebody I usually run the engine/AC....

I tend to drive fast.....

Toyota Hilux.....

Our old 4x4 = about 8.5 - it sits...

My last Toyo Spivo with a 3lt engine and a 4 speed auto box, used to do around 12/13lt to 100km if I was lucky. A lot less if I put my foot down.

Now what with the speed cameras I tend to keep the new 2.8 spivo (that has a 6 speed auto box) at speeds around 110kph on a run.

That is returning 6.2lt to 100km on runs. I didn't believe the car comp: so I did a couple of runs starting with a full tank refilling at the end of the run and it worked out much the same.

Around town and general driving I get 6.9 to 7.1 depending on traffic. To say that I am please with it's economy is under estimating it. After all it is a tank of a thing. 

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Just to avoid confusion, PLEASE can we all quote km/L. 

To convert from L/100km simply divide 100 by your L/100km figure.

So 6.9L/100km = 100/6.9= 14.5km/L

and when translating mpg over to km/l  ... Divide by a factor of 2.825   i.e 28.25 mpg = 10 km/l 

I too really loath that L/100km gobblygook  

3 hours ago, tifino said:

and when translating mpg over to km/l  ... Divide by a factor of 2.825   i.e 28.25 mpg = 10 km/l 

I too really loath that L/100km gobblygook  

Sorry your not to happy with The LT/100km. It's just that cars here record it like that on their comp: If it's any help my 6.2/100km equates to 16.129 km/LT whatever way you look at it pretty good for a tank.

19 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Sorry your not to happy with The LT/100km. It's just that cars here record it like that on their comp:

Yes ... you can always convert the 'Thai' way or if you didn't skip 'maths' can use your tables to get a good approximation ... accurate enough as your computer measurement isn't normally accurate anyway ...

20 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Yes ... you can always convert the 'Thai' way or if you didn't skip 'maths' can use your tables to get a good approximation ... accurate enough as your computer measurement isn't normally accurate anyway ...

Your right there I spoke to a acquaintance about his new 2.8 Tuna, he said 14 to the litre is good. 

With a bit over 4000km on our 2018 Revo spacecab, manual transmission, pretty much 50/50 city/highway driving, I'm averaging 16.45km/liter or 6.07liter/100km.  I'm pretty sure I can squeeze 17km out regularly.  I rarely use power mode.......and I'm retired, so I'm in no rush to make a light or go over the speed limit.  I drive conservatively, but like to think I'm not interfering with anyone's efforts to go faster them I do.

I pretty much love my Revo

18 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Your right there I spoke to a acquaintance about his new 2.8 Tuna, he said 14 to the litre is good. 

Has to be a diesel for that number, no way it could be gasoline. I normally get about 14 km/litre out of a Vios.

When it was on CNG, I was paying about 0.6 baht /km. My mechanic persuaded me I was killing the engine with the cylinder head temperatures, so I took the CNG off. Can't say I miss the annual CNG tank inspections.

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Has she put on weight..?   ?

The Mrs sit's in the front passenger seat and yes she weighs more than she did 18 years ago. ?

The spacecab seat area behind us is full to the roof with wood made stuff too. 

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

The Mrs sit's in the front passenger seat and yes she weighs more than she did 18 years ago. ?

The spacecab seat area behind us is full to the roof with wood made stuff too. 

Do not fit heavy duty shocks, I did and dumped them...Mrs.Trans does her own thing now which is great as I can now play my ZZ Top CD........?

trailer.jpg.a697032be7739cf09b7f3751fa7cf0dd.jpg

54 minutes ago, transam said:

Do not fit heavy duty shocks,

OEM shocks on Isuzu trucks are already heavy duty and air shocks, when the trucks loaded they preform really well and I am impressed.

When the daughters car is not available I drop the tyre pressures right down when having to use the truck empty, otherwise an uncomfortable ride, it is a work truck after all didn't expect car comfort.

39 minutes ago, mogandave said:

My 3l Isuzu AT got 12-13 pretty consistently, but drove mostly highway.

The 2.8 ‘tuna gets 8-9, but mostly in Bangkok traffic, but even on the highway it only gets about 10. Pretty disappointing.

So where does the 16 + per ltr come from, maybe it's a con dashboard read out.

My Isuzu gives a better figure than actual doable kilos per litre or average and through the a calculus of cash and kilos it is not the same.  

Archived