Fuel kilos

Kwasaki

So where does the 16 + per ltr come from, maybe it's a con dashboard read out.
My Isuzu gives a better figure than actual doable kilos per litre or average and through the a calculus of cash and kilos it is not the same.  

Huh?

I said nothing about 16 and not sure what the rest is.

For long term, I track the actual volume of fuel I put in, and divide the the total distance traveled since the first fill-up by the total fuel added, minus the first fill-up.

For short term I just divide the trip meter by the fuel added.

IMG_1049.JPGIMG_1051.JPG

49 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Huh?

For long term, I track the actual volume of fuel I put in, and divide the the total distance traveled since the first fill-up by the total fuel added, minus the first fill-up.

IMG_1049.JPGIMG_1051.JPG

Thats 91 Gasoholl, Naughty.!

12 hours ago, mogandave said:

Huh?

IMG_1049.JPGIMG_1051.JPG

The 2.8 ‘tuna gets 8-9, but mostly in Bangkok traffic, but even on the highway it only gets about 10. Pretty disappointing.

16+ came from another post so if you boot your 2.8 tuna I guess 10 to litre is easy to get.

With the Isuzu 1.9 overweight also with a silly un-aerodynamic height giving it the boot, a dash read goes to 10.4 .

Ease up for a steady 90k can get 14 to litre it vary's with different weight loads.

Just read up on Biodiesel. Live n Learn old man.!. Nearest thing i noticed to an addative was when the Boat exhausts in Melbourne smelt like a fish n chip shop. 95 is 5%, so can one assume 91 here has a 1% Blend ?. Ive used E85 Benzine here since it arrived and cant find fault with it.

10 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

What blue, thats a green pump and says Gasoholl. Diesel now ,never had a Diesel in years

His showing the pump price and litres you must know most pumps at stations have 3 different deliveries, to right it the ' blue ' which is diesel.

16+ came from another post so if you boot your 2.8 tuna I guess 10 to litre is easy to get.
With the Isuzu 1.9 overweight also with a silly un-aerodynamic height giving it the boot, a dash read goes to 10.4 .
Ease up for a steady 90k can get 14 to litre it vary's with different weight loads.

Hard to believe, but the fuel economy sweet-spot for the 3l Isuzu was 120-130.

My previous 3l Isuzu only got about 8-9, and the one before that was about the same.

2 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Just read up on Biodiesel. Live n Learn old man.!. Nearest thing i noticed to an addative was when the Boat exhausts in Melbourne smelt like a fish n chip shop. 95 is 5%, so can one assume 91 here has a 1% Blend ?. Ive used E85 Benzine here since it arrived and cant find fault with it.

The blue diesel is a cleaner burning diesel available at PTT garages.

E85 is cheap the later Honda City can use it my daughters can use E20.

Anyone remember when Ford made a Euro pick up with a 1.8. diesel Looked just like a Siera Car front.Back then they did much more Kpl compared to benzine.The new Isuzu seems a logical choise to me, why these ferangs need a 3Liter Tubo Clonker to go nowhere is beyond me.Id get a Jazz if i went nowhere.Fun to drive.

6 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Hard to believe, but the fuel economy sweet-spot for the 3l Isuzu was 120-130.
My previous 3l Isuzu only got about 8-9, and the one before that was about the same.

The Vigo 3L I had would only be good on fuel on a long run, trotting about I didn't expect it to be economical.

18 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I was the one that said that I get 16+km/lt on a run in my 2.8 tuna.

There are several different formats you can use on a TRD tuna dash. I use the one that tells you how many lt to 100km you are getting. Will try and stick a snap of same later.

4 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Anyone remember when Ford made a Euro pick up with a 1.8. diesel Looked just like a Siera Car front.Back then they did much more Kpl compared to benzine.The new Isuzu seems a logical choise to me, why these ferangs need a 3Liter Tubo Clonker to go nowhere is beyond me.Id get a Jazz if i went nowhere.Fun to drive.

Cant see the Jazz being fun to drive just try and see what's happening ahead when your stuck behind a pick up or an MPV.

1 minute ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Don't remember that Ford only had ' Thames ' & ' Transits ' in UK from memory, was that Ford pick-up in Oz.

I think you might get some falangie flack now. ?

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't remember that Ford only had ' Thames ' & ' Transits ' in UK from memory, was that Ford pick-up in Oz.

Think they were P100s on the side definitely full Sierra interior The Brian Clough of Thai Visa may flare up i suppose, no one else.:violin:

36 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Ford did have a pickup with the siera front end in the UK, not many about, but i drove 1 for the company i worked for.

I was the one that said that I get 16+km/lt on a run in my 2.8 tuna.
There are several different formats you can use on a TRD tuna dash. I use the one that tells you how many lt to 100km you are getting. Will try and stick a snap of same later.

I don’t depend on the computer, I track the actual data. Liters of fuel, km driven.

I like the way the ‘tuna looks (inside and out) and my my wife loves it, but it was a pretty big disappointment for me.

Oh, and the service cost seems to be much higher than the Isuzu, plus they push a lot of nonsense which Isuzu did not do. Of course it could just be the particular Toyota dealer I use, and it could be that after 14 years the Isuzu dealer did not bother with trying the up-sell crap with me..

Fortuner 3.0L diesel averages 10km/l.  Surprising how you can feather the accelerator, to "grab" another gear, and get better mileage (14-15km/l +) when coasting along at 80-90 km/h.  From a rolling stop, gently (average) accelerating to cruising speed, it hovers around 4-5km/l

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

I don’t depend on the computer, I track the actual data. Liters of fuel, km driven.

I like the way the ‘tuna looks (inside and out) and my my wife loves it, but it was a pretty big disappointment for me.

As I said in an earlier post I didn't believe the comp: in my Tuna so did the same as what you do fill up and check the KM travelled. Every time (several) I did that it worked out much the same give or take a 1/2 a km.

Couple of snaps I just took you can see the set up I use. Second one is as I put fuel in if you turn off engine it'll give you the option of entering the amount of cost the fuel was entered. You can look later to see how much a km it's costing.

First is the read out of how many LT =100km travelled. That's at a speed of as near a dam it 100kmph in eco mode 6th gear also in C/C. Sorry the first one isn't that clear but it says 6.0lt =100km. With the blue gauge showing much the same that's going from 0.10.20.30.

Just found another one that in parts a tad clearer.

IMGP0008.JPG

IMGP0002.JPG

IMGP0009.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, my Suzuki Caribbean, 1.3 liter, fitted with large boots and raised suspension, struggles to 7KM LPG, on a long run of a 1000 km or more, around town have never checked. 

Audi Quattro TTs 2.0 liter, tuned to 334 hp, does around 13kml, again on a long run.

Regards.

Tom 

3 minutes ago, tomtaylor1 said:

Hi All, my Suzuki Caribbean, 1.3 liter, fitted with large boots and raised suspension, struggles to 7KM LPG, on a long run of a 1000 km or more, around town have never checked. 

Audi Quattro TTs 2.0 liter, tuned to 334 hp, does around 13kml, again on a long run.

Regards.

Tom 

Get a Suzy dealer to see what  their diagnostics comes up with...

Suzuki Caribbean, is about the best you will get, I had a standard 1.3, before, best was 8KML.

Regards.

Tom 

On 10/11/2018 at 12:02 PM, tomtaylor1 said:

Suzuki Caribbean, is about the best you will get, I had a standard 1.3, before, best was 8KML.

Regards.

Tom 

gas.jpg.c1ad3b2c1b2ab88568a0b1c9c2a4ed08.jpg

Archived