Looking for Bangkok condo on top of a shopping mall or BTS/MRT station

AlexCanada

Was wondering if there are any condos that are above a shopping mall or a BTS/MRT station.  My friend is older and has had a hip replacement so mobility isn't great for him.  Issue is he isn't very rich so budget wold only be around 20-25k max.  Any help or names of good agents to assist us in finding such a property is much appreciated.

There is a condo attached to BTS Thong Lor called Noble Remix, no Idea on the prices there. Although the next condo along starts their rent at 30,000 baht, that one is newer so who knows Noble Remix might fall within his budget. The cheaper you want the further out you need to go, I'm not sure there are any condos attatched to BTS past Thong Lor. 

11 minutes ago, berybert said:

There is a condo attached to BTS Thong Lor called Noble Remix, no Idea on the prices there. Although the next condo along starts their rent at 30,000 baht, that one is newer so who knows Noble Remix might fall within his budget. The cheaper you want the further out you need to go, I'm not sure there are any condos attatched to BTS past Thong Lor. 

The one next to noble remix is the crest.  Pay no attention to the advertisement on the street that says 30,000 as hipflat has them starting at 24,500 (asking price)

On 9/18/2018 at 10:36 PM, jackdd said:

The Belle Rama 9 has a few shops inside and Central Rama 9 is maybe 200 meters away.

This is exactly what the guy is looking for.

The condo project looks expensive and unsuccessful. Do you have any insight? I like the location, size.

7 minutes ago, ozmeldo said:

This is exactly what the guy is looking for. 

The condo project looks expensive and unsuccessful. Do you have any insight? I like the location, size. 

I was inside a condo there just once maybe 2 or 3 years ago, so can't give you much details.

What i saw back then looked nice, better than for example a Lumpini condo, which explains the higher price.

When looking at Hipflat it says 2024 units total and 772 are for rent on Hipflat alone, so obviously the asking price is too high and it should be possible to get a discount

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

I was inside a condo there just once maybe 2 or 3 years ago, so can't give you much details.

What i saw back then looked nice, better than for example a Lumpini condo, which explains the higher price.

When looking at Hipflat it says 2024 units total and 772 are for rent on Hipflat alone, so obviously the asking price is too high and it should be possible to get a discount

I just took a peek at hipflat. I agree that the asking prices are too high but also wanted to point out that some units are listed multiple times by different agencies so it’s really quite tough to get a handle on how many units are actually for rent or sale.  Some buildings I have come across have more units listed for rent than the building actually has.  Here is just one example...91 units for rent but the building has only 78 units.

https://www.hipflat.com/projects/life-at-sukhumvit-67-gprzkt

Thanks everyone for their suggestions so far.

Yes, I find it frustrating using sites where they don't update when a place is rented out.  When you contact them they will always say the place you are interested in is rented out for the have a less attractive place available for 5000 baht more.  Any of the many rental sites in Bangkok show which places are rented out and which are currently available?

9 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

Thanks everyone for their suggestions so far.

Yes, I find it frustrating using sites where they don't update when a place is rented out.  When you contact them they will always say the place you are interested in is rented out for the have a less attractive place available for 5000 baht more.  Any of the many rental sites in Bangkok show which places are rented out and which are currently available?

I got the same “it’s already rented but we have others we can show you” response too when replying to ads.  Felt like a bait and switch.  Best way to respond to those tactics is by saying “If you can show me some listings you have that are a better value (floor plan/size/view/price/etc) than the one I was originally interested then we can talk...otherwise, thanks but no thanks”.

When I rented my place, the agent wanted to show me a couple other condos that he was representing in the complex.  Strangely, they weren’t listed on Hipflat however, which just goes to show how true inventory levels are hard to assess.

On 9/23/2018 at 10:08 AM, Airalee said:

I just took a peek at hipflat. I agree that the asking prices are too high but also wanted to point out that some units are listed multiple times by different agencies so it’s really quite tough to get a handle on how many units are actually for rent or sale.  Some buildings I have come across have more units listed for rent than the building actually has.  Here is just one example...91 units for rent but the building has only 78 units.

https://www.hipflat.com/projects/life-at-sukhumvit-67-gprzkt

Renthub and hipflat both give a reasonable approximation of the price of a unit; if a place appeals it's worth contacting the condo office directly to see what units are currently available in the building. This may require an ability to speak Thai though, especially in the cheaper places.

To the OP, the question is rather vague, there's many places that fit the description given. Condos above a BTS will likely be expensive, ditto those above a proper shopping mall, but many inexpensive places exist with shops, cafes and restaurants on the ground floor. Depends on budget, location preferences, age and standard of building, fittings etc. 

9 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Renthub and hipflat both give a reasonable approximation of the price of a unit; if a place appeals it's worth contacting the condo office directly to see what units are currently available in the building. This may require an ability to speak Thai though, especially in the cheaper places.

To the OP, the question is rather vague, there's many places that fit the description given. Condos above a BTS will likely be expensive, ditto those above a proper shopping mall, but many inexpensive places exist with shops, cafes and restaurants on the ground floor. Depends on budget, location preferences, age and standard of building, fittings etc. 

My post was referring to the number of listings on hipflat, not the price. However, the prices listed on hipflat are asking prices and whether or not someone pays said asking price is unknown.

I have 1 br, 35 Sqm, river view, high floor on 29th floor at Aspire Erawan closed to BTS Erawan 12,000 Baht/ month for 6 months 

10,000 Baht/ month for a year

I have 1 br, 47 Sqm, Low rise building called Circle Rein Sukhumvit 12, near BTS Asoke, Terminal 21 only 27,000 baht/ month 

Archived