Purchasing an iPhone XS Max in UK or HK

TommyTucker

Very interested to see the specs, prices and delivery in both these territories.

The iPhone Max 256GB is listed in the UK at

£ 1,249.00

and in HK at $ 10,799.00, which currently equates to approximately £ 1,053.00

The Max in HK is able to accept 2 x SIM cards. The UK version has 1 x SIM card and an eSIM.

If traveling around the Globe, I think the 2 x SIM card version is probably the more user friendly as SIM cards are more readily available.

So, fly over to HK for the weekend to escape Bangkok and pick up a new phone saving yourself approximately £ 200.00.

Enjoy life, whilst you can!

14 minutes ago, faraday said:

1250 quid, for a flipping phone?

I purchased an iPhone XS Max 256GB on Friday.  Not sure how the eSIM works but will surely come in handy on holiday.

Expensive but will be a nice phone to have and going to purchase insurance this time.

17 hours ago, TommyTucker said:

Very interested to see the specs, prices and delivery in both these territories.

The iPhone Max 256GB is listed in the UK at

£ 1,249.00

and in HK at $ 10,799.00, which currently equates to approximately £ 1,053.00

The Max in HK is able to accept 2 x SIM cards. The UK version has 1 x SIM card and an eSIM.

If traveling around the Globe, I think the 2 x SIM card version is probably the more user friendly as SIM cards are more readily available.

So, fly over to HK for the weekend to escape Bangkok and pick up a new phone saving yourself approximately £ 200.00.

Or make expensive problems for yourself.

I had a friend in the US buy me an iPhone 6 the day they were released in the US (Sep 2014). After a few months, it started playing up and it had to be replaced under warranty. The accelerometer was faulty and the phone didn't know which way was up, and battery went flat in a couple of hours too.

As there are no Apple stores in Thailand, I had the option of visiting one in Singapore or ship it back to the US for replacement. (flying to Singapore and hotel costs - no thanks).  I ended up shipping it back by DHL and he brought a new phone back with him a month later when he visited. 

Never again. If I want one, I'll buy it in Thailand. If you fly to other countries or home often, then that's an option. Perhaps a Hong Kong bought phone can be repaired or replaced under warranty in your home country. Even then it could be a problem if you have an issue but don't intend to fly back home until months later. 

It's a gamble I lost.

Thinking of exact same phone for exact same reasons, Physical Dual Sim
Dont think they will be readily available off the shelf for a while, and pretty sure many will be sold on grey market at a decent mark up, but i want one too, so let me know how you get on :)

Thinking of exact same phone for exact same reasons, Physical Dual Sim
Dont think they will be readily available off the shelf for a while, and pretty sure many will be sold on grey market at a decent mark up, but i want one too, so let me know how you get on :)

You can place your order on the Hong Kong Apple website now.

iPhone XS Max 256GB Space Gray
HK$10,799
Delivers 26/09/2018 - 04/10/2018 - Free

6 minutes ago, pattayapip said:

You can pre order but need a Hong Kong Delivery Address and Payment Method . . .

Which i dont have  . . . 

Same for me ?

I would like to buy one but without Hong Kong address or Payment payment it's impossible.

Looks like that i have to wait until they become available in Thailand or at the stores in Hong Kong.

Archived