natural solution to repel insects from my vegetables ?

I have those bugs (weevils?) also, not at the moment but they can be troublesome. I tried applying wood vinegar, alternating with Neem oil, every week. That worked pretty well. The odour keeps them away and there is a toxic effect. The bugs don't stay long enough on the leaf for them to be killed by anything stronger I think.

13 hours ago, cooked said:

I have those bugs (weevils?) also, not at the moment but they can be troublesome. I tried applying wood vinegar, alternating with Neem oil, every week. That worked pretty well. The odour keeps them away and there is a toxic effect. The bugs don't stay long enough on the leaf for them to be killed by anything stronger I think.

thanks, it looks like that8004623_orig.jpg.ac7a4197551353c012a0c076bc23c7b6.jpg

I have problems with them in Kalasin were I have a 1 Rai hobby garden.  I occasionally turn to the toxic stuff at the beginning, once the plants are mature they don't get as damaged by the bugs, but new cucumber plants really show growth and yield effects if left to fend for their own.

I would not let the chickens near them, as they will destroy your cantaloupe and melons.

If you're only interest is organic and you have a helper, i found spraying them with a light water spray will weigh them down so they can't fly away and you can catch and dispose of them as you wish.  I seem to notice them at sunset right when I'm about to leave the farm, not sure if they eat through the night.

Archived