BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Nigerian, Kiwi, Thai charged in Bangkok meth bust

Nigerian, Kiwi, Thai charged in Bangkok meth bust

By Kornkamon Aksorndech 
The Nation

94acf3107c75facc2373a950531520d9.jpeg

A Nigerian man and a Thai woman have been charged with delivering 2,060 grams of crystal methamphetamine (“ice”) to a New Zealand man at a Bangkok hotel on Saturday.

A source at the Office of the Narcotics Control Board, speaking on condition of anonymity, said on Sunday initial investigation determined that John Oimma Emeka and Wararat Chansod, both 42, had reserved the hotel room where the alleged delivery took place.

cef0a5955ce4b11d2f6e805907836965.jpeg

The source said Isidor Rein, 62, of New Zealand allegedly received a briefcase with a secret compartment containing the drugs to take to his country.

Thai agencies working as part of the Airport Interdiction Task Force made the arrests following a September 12 tip-off about a New Zealand man set to receive drugs to smuggle home. 

With police on surveillance, Rein allegedly asked hotel staff to arrange a taxi ride for him on Saturday while he was waiting for “friends” in his room. 

112494443ae45fa3eeaa0c8bd7345a57.jpeg

Emeka and Wararat allegedly arrived that afternoon with the briefcase and all three people were arrested when they returned to the lobby.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354569

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-17

Consolation for the Kiwi, is that the shirt will fit him when he is eventually released from incarceration ! :thumbsup:

You wont keep the long hair, first day inside short back and sides, whether you want it or not. :cheesy:

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Airport Interdiction Task Force made the arrests following a September 12 tip-off

Looks to be a classic case of deflection.  Phone in a tip about a guy with 2 kilos while the other mule with 6 kilos skates right on by.

Sharp business man that Nigerian. Buy your drugs from me and get a free Louis Vuitton bag with a secret compartment.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Isidor Rein, 62, of New Zealand

A very traditional Kiwi name!!!!!

And here I was thinking I had a shitty day...

39 minutes ago, wirat69 said:

A very traditional Kiwi name!!!!!

Yes it is a very traditional Kiwi name....possibly the only one of its kind in New Zealand …..hope the mongrel gets life and its all served here

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Consolation for the Kiwi, is that the shirt will fit him when he is eventually released from incarceration ! :thumbsup:

I was thinking, ''Does this shirt make me look fat''?

2 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

'Isidor' Sounds like something out of LOTR, maybe he's a JRR Tolkien fan?  ?

Isidor is of Greek origin meaning the gift of Isis or whatever....Rein is Germanic....and there ends the lesson of the day ?

6 minutes ago, Phuket Stan said:

Isidor is of Greek origin meaning the gift of Isis or whatever....Rein is Germanic....and there ends the lesson of the day ?

It's an odd name for a Kiwi. Especially the christian name. Isis was an Egyptian goddess though, not prevalent in Greek mythology as far as I know, so I'd be interested to know if it's Greek, Mediterranean or more ancient. Whatever it's derivation, it sounds unusual for a fat, 60 something, mullet wearing Kiwi. Fake passport or free-spirited parents?

Great, now maybe they can get them to make a plea deal and supply the name of their supplier.