Sa Kaew district sees second lightning fatality in a week

webfact

Sa Kaew district sees second lightning fatality in a week

By Thanapat Kijjakosol 
The Nation

1a73a27f0c93a1dab8420930fe2f8fcd.jpeg

A 21-year-old man was struck dead by lightning while jogging at a pond in Sa Kaew’s Ta Phraya district on Saturday evening.

Police alerted at 6pm found Anusorn Manjit, 21, dead next to the pond in Ban Tako (Moo 3) and two women injured nearby.

The women had been riding past Anusorn on a motorcycle just as the lightning struck. They were taken to hospital.

It was the second fatal lightning strike in the district in a week, said village headman Jiew Cherdchunuan. 

The first victim was a middle-aged man.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354575

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-17

I love the crackle of lightning followed by the loud crash of Thunder......from the security of my bedroom and sometimes under the covers...not out jogging on a muddy tract. Looks like the "tree" in the background had already been visited by "Sister Lightning".

1 hour ago, oldrunner said:

I love the crackle of lightning followed by the loud crash of Thunder......from the security of my bedroom and sometimes under the covers...not out jogging on a muddy tract. Looks like the "tree" in the background had already been visited by "Sister Lightning".

Having seen a friend of mine struck by lightning whilst playing football about 50 m from where I was standing, I never enjoy seeing lightning or hearing the crash of thunder. It scares the s##t out of me, and I never underestimate the danger.

Archived