BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrJack54

Transfer funds from au bank into super fund

8 hours ago, Nakrob said:

For the security code: Change from sms pin to the secure key fob protection. Might take a couple of weeks before the key fob arrives with you but then you can replace all sms codes with the code on the secure fob. I had the same issue with using Westpac sms overseas. I think you can request this online or give them a call.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This key fob is worth the effort have a couple for different banks - if you are planning on being o/s  for the long term, it can take the hassle out of banking when moving money 'here' for living, property purchase etc

Thankyou again. I have completed the process now. In the end I sent personal cheque from Thailand to cbus. Postage 570baht ouch. 

BTW unrelated but I also transferred funds to my Thai bank and used OFX. Company based in Sydney. Have used them previously. Excellent support staff via phone. 5 star from me. The funny thing is my westpac a/c has a daily limit 1500aud. I also have a bendigo bank a/c. I did a transfer from that account. DAILY LIMIT 20000. Go figure. Again unrelated, yesterday I paid for some future taxi transfers in Hanoi. Used credit card. Westpac has a system where for payment to go through they need you enter a "otp". You can choose SMS or email. Very messy.

On 9/17/2018 at 3:23 PM, scorecard said:

I use Macquarie Bank in OZ, a couple of times i've called them because of rules complexity, they asked many question then quickly found a way to ensure total security and manually completed the customer request. All in one call.

I use Macquarie for my Int transfers, great service, immediately after I complete the transfer they call me just to confirm its not a fraudulent transaction,highly recommended. 

On 9/17/2018 at 10:59 AM, Nakrob said:

For the security code: Change from sms pin to the secure key fob protection. Might take a couple of weeks before the key fob arrives with you but then you can replace all sms codes with the code on the secure fob. I had the same issue with using Westpac sms overseas. I think you can request this online or give them a call.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have Westpac Acc and receive sms OTP on my Thai mobile which I had registered with them.

Daily limit is $10000Aud .

Do it all the time..not a problem. .only for you that's a lot of $20 transfers fir $300,000!

On 9/17/2018 at 8:13 PM, 4MyEgo said:

If you are under age 65 you can bring forward up to 2 years non-concessional cap, allowing you to contribute up to $300,000 at a time, depending on your super balance.

Interesting, I wonder if you could deposit $100K on 30th June then 300K on 1st July :)

14 hours ago, BaanOz said:

Interesting, I wonder if you could deposit $100K on 30th June then 300K on 1st July 🙂

That's a question for the accountant 😉

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

That's a question for the accountant 😉

True, with all the non-residents possibly selling up their homes shortly. That money needs to go somewhere and in a superfund is as good as any 👍

46 minutes ago, BaanOz said:

True, with all the non-residents possibly selling up their homes shortly. That money needs to go somewhere and in a superfund is as good as any 👍

Agree, that said, the legislation hasn't passed yet, although it's been through all the phases and only one amendment is being made to satisfy Pauline Hanson, and that said as soon as its been amended will unfortunately go through.

The above said, I had an Oz friend recently sell his property because he got wind of this through his accountant, and was told he could put up to $300,000 into super in one hit without having to pay any tax on it.

Now I don't know if that will be the case come post 1 July 2019 ?