Huge drug haul intercepted in Sukhothai province

webfact

Huge drug haul intercepted in Sukhothai province

2018-09-17_19-41-20.png

A huge drug haul of ten million meth pills and 35 kilogrammes of heroin believed bound for a third country was intercepted in the northern province of Sukhothai on Monday.

Narcotic police stopped a pick-up truck on Sukhothai-Tak detour road in Tambon Ban Kluay, Muang district of Sukhothai and found the drugs hidden beneath sacks of chicken feces.

The trucker driver and three women – all of them Hmong hilltribe people – were also arrested after narcotic police.

Full story: http://www.thaipbsworld.com/huge-drug-haul-intercepted-in-sukhothai-province/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-09-18

The driver, identified as Prawit sae Ma, told the police that he was paid 700,000 baht to pick up the chicken feces in Phob Phra district of Tak and then drive to Phya Mengrai district in Chiang Rai where the drugs were placed under sacks of chicken feces and then continued his journey to Ayutthaya where the drug shipment was supposed to be dropped off at a rendezvous to be picked up by a drug gang.

Why could they have not put a tracker on the vehicle, then followed it to its destination and round up the drug gang too ?

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Why could they have not put a tracker on the vehicle, then followed it to its destination and round up the drug gang too ?

The drug gang at pick up would probably be armed and just hench-men for the big boys,  and I suspect no-one would want to drive it to the pick up point.

The drug cartel employees were probably following the truck and would of known already of any sting operation.

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

The drug gang at pick up would probably be armed and just hench-men for the big boys,  and I suspect no-one would want to drive it to the pick up point.

The drug cartel employees were probably following the truck and would of known already of any sting operation.

Your last sentence makes perfect sense, I guess after I think it out, the drug people would not simply stash drugs in a vehicle and then assume they were delivered. Thanks for the lesson....:thumbsup:

On 9/17/2018 at 10:23 PM, Kwasaki said:

....or, the police mafia were tipped off that they were not gonna get their cut this time around.

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

....or, the police mafia were tipped off that they were not gonna get their cut this time around.

I get what you say but with the army in control and following I would say the directive of Thai people in charge of Thailand the country is trying to deal with the scumbag's.

Archived