Thai/German baby dies in Pattaya after accident in makeshift cot

webfact

Thai/German baby dies in Pattaya after accident in makeshift cot

2PM.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

Thai police and rescue services went to a house in Nong Prue where a mother was in tears cradling her dead six month old daughter.

The father is a German man. 

The child was named as Irada Fister (name transliterated from Thai). 

Mother Wilailak Chemkhornburi said that she had left her daughter in the cot on Saturday to go and prepare some food in the kitchen. 

When she came back she saw that Irada had got her head caught in the slats and was dead. 

A teddy bear was positioned in the spot to show how the child had died from what police believe was a lack of oxygen. 

Pictures on Pattaya News showed a makeshift cot with uneven wooden slats tied with fastenings. 

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-18

Absolutely tragic... Just horrible news to read. 

Corners can't be cut anywhere with an infant, they get into anything & everything... 

...this is any parents worst nightmare. I remember getting up in the night just to check if my son was still breathing. I imagine every parent has done the same at some point. 

1 hour ago, Kim J said:

I see there is no mention of the German father, where was he? Also why did he condone the use of a makeshift cot?

I do hope he is prosecuted by the Thai authorities for child abuse and neglect as indeed he most likely would be had this happened in his own country.

Who said he was in the Country.

Just now, Kim J said:

I have no idea of where he was, but that is no excuse and does not absolve him of his responsibilities.

You cannot be serious........IF...and I say IF he is in Germany, apart from the heartache when he hears this news, How can he possibly be made responsible for his families actions here.......You are either taking too much medication, or you need to start. 

I fully agree with you, and I did exactly the same thing when my Son was born, and I was working in Saudi. However, if my wife did something I was not aware of, as is quite possible in this case, then how could I, being 6,000 miles away be held responsible.

38 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I fully agree with you, and I did exactly the same thing when my Son was born, and I was working in Saudi. However, if my wife did something I was not aware of, as is quite possible in this case, then how could I, being 6,000 miles away be held responsible.

I suspect the only thing I'd consider myself responsible for is my poor choice in partner who didn't adequately consider the infants safety.  

I too am away a lot for work and when having our child my Wife and I discussed safety a lot... luckily we were on the same page on pretty much every aspect but thats not to imply something could easily be missed.

But, in this case I can only see the poor father holding himself in anyway responsible if he knew about the cot.

Much in the same way as a friend of mine who doesn't give his wife hell when she takes the child in the car without a car seat... Another friend did raise absolute hell when he saw that his wife didn't use the car seat and they now always use it. I told my wife, if the car seat is not used just once, we move back to the UK... fortunately the Wifey is very much on side and fully understands why. 

But... there are other issues such as my Wife forgetting to leave the  Pot (hot water inside) on the stove with the handle point in and not out... but that was already accounted for with a primary safety rule - our son is not allowed in the kitchen. 

Another safety aspect we have implemented which is often missed... wardrobe and units with draws anchored back so they can't fall over. 

As a parent we can insist on the 'safe way' but if we are not here all the time its up to the education and intelligence of the Mother to understand why we insist on these safety measures and also the respect of the Mother towards the husband to employ the safety standards he expects... this also works both ways... mutual respect and understanding from a safety aspect. 

But, there will always be something missed... this was one of those incidents where tragedy struck because something quite simple was not fully understood or considered. 

1 hour ago, Kim J said:

Just over 12 years ago when my daughter was born in Thailand I was in the UK at the time, but I kept myself fully in touch with what was going on and made sure the whole situation was provided for adequately as any responsible parent would.

So, while in the UK, you were completely aware of whatever was happening with your child in Thailand at every minute of the day and night.  Had your child choked on a button which had become loose from her pyjamas, or fallen out of her cot, you would have instantly known and presumably immediately caught a flight to Thailand and saved her life?  

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:
2 hours ago, Kim J said:

Just over 12 years ago when my daughter was born in Thailand I was in the UK at the time, but I kept myself fully in touch with what was going on and made sure the whole situation was provided for adequately as any responsible parent would.

So, while in the UK, you were completely aware of whatever was happening with your child in Thailand at every minute of the day and night.  Had your child choked on a button which had become loose from her pyjamas, or fallen out of her cot, you would have instantly known and presumably immediately caught a flight to Thailand and saved her life?  

Yes.. thats exactly what he meant... your insight is astonishing... your facetiousness less so....

Otherwise, his (Kim J's) comments are easily understood to mean, he did whatever is possible to keep in touch and ensure everything he could do was being done to ensure his child's safety... That would possibly include ensuring his infant child did not sleep in pyjamas with buttons on or anything else which may fall or or potentially strangle etc...  

On 9/18/2018 at 4:43 PM, Kim J said:

I see there is no mention of the German father, where was he? Also why did he condone the use of a makeshift cot?

I do hope he is prosecuted by the Thai authorities for child abuse and neglect as indeed he most likely would be had this happened in his own country.

sorry are you real or are you on some heavy medication if not please start to take your medicine 

your post is one of the worst I ever had read in here 

RIP 

Archived