Police and mafia boss both charged as sergeant escapes death thanks to iPhone

webfact

Police and mafia boss both charged as sergeant escapes death thanks to iPhone

3PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Both the mafia boss and the policeman involved in the gun duel at All New Mouthburi, Pattaya, at the weekend have been charged with attempted murder.

But one cop who tried to intervene in the argument had his iPhone to thank for his life. 

3PM1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Somchai Sae-Chua known as "Sia Chai Na Klua" was shot multiple times as shooting began in front of 200 onlookers. Both him and Pol Lance Corporal Naretrak Khreuawara, attached to Wang Khon Daeng police in Prajinburi have been charged with attempted murder.

The mafia boss also faces weapons charges. 

But it was Sgt Maj 3rd Class Pawaret Banjong who was featured being visited by Pattaya station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch in hospital on the Thai Police Story Facebook page. 

He tried to intervene in the argument reported as being over a woman. 

He was shot first time by Somchai in the arm. But the second bullet hit his iPhone in his trouser pocket. 

An attempted third shot failed to fire meaning the sergeant's life was saved. 

The entertainment venue is on Pattaya 3 Road. 

Sources (2) Daily NewsDaily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-18

2 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

The family resort is in the news again... :coffee1:

TAT won't care as long as the news stays local.

But it won't and has not stayed local because one of Pattay's favourite radio stations that I listen too on the internet had this news item also.  So anyone else around the world who listens to it could have found out about it.

1 hour ago, Esso49 said:

I wonder what the salary is for Sgt Maj 3rd Class ?  This is not an officer rank so must be better then advertised so that he can afford to go drinking and have an iphone

Hmm,..The salary is irrelevant. It's the possibility's to UP the salary that are interesting !

local police to me snickered and giggled because i didnt have an iphone. just a run of the mill android. That says something about the state of the thai police. The reason i know this is because i was forced against my will to remove all images, video and audio from my phone and everyone had to show me that it might be backed up and i must make sure so they all had their latest model iphones out on display. Good news is i was the victim, perpertrator who was the reason for being in the police station walked away 2000thb because it was either pay the idiot thai or i go to prison for videoing the injustice at the station even though im legally allowed.

Seems to me police are the mafia no matter where you are but who doesnt know that anyway.....

Archived