Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Video: New Zealander collides with Thai motorcyclist going the wrong way on bridge in Rayong

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

All the above is true but really only has any impact where changes made by law or are given as ideas for improvement will have attention paid to them by the majority of drivers/riders.

Indeed... the realities of living in Thailand are such that everyone is well aware that the improvements which could be made based on findings and implementation of 'mitigation measures' such as heavier penalties, constant policing are not yet considered important enough. 

 

In effect, Thailand is not yet mature enough take full responsibility, as such, moronic accidents like this will continue until such steps are taken. 

 

Thus, the cause of the accident is obvious. However, the seriousness of the authorities in removing potential for further loss of life is questionable. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed... the realities of living in Thailand are such that everyone is well aware that the improvements which could be made based on findings and implementation of 'mitigation measures' such as heavier penalties, constant policing are not yet considered important enough. 

 

In effect, Thailand is not yet mature enough take full responsibility, as such, moronic accidents like this will continue until such steps are taken. 

 

Thus, the cause of the accident is obvious. However, the seriousness of the authorities in removing potential for further loss of life is questionable. 

questionable as a minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

 Not 100% at all. 

What was the Kiwi doing in that lane?

 

The problem is many farangs come from countries where riding on the wrong side of the road doesnt happen and they dont adjust their driving to suit the local conditions. This is Thailand, everyday you see this, so you must adjust your driving accordingly. It is their country, up to them.

Farangs cause a lot of accidents and cause many deaths to Thais by not adjusting their driving to the conditions and then blame the Thais. When in Rome....

 

The rider contributed to his death, but he wasnt 100% at fault.

Good grief, i hope this is some sort of poor attempt at humour, if not then i fear you are heading for a heap of accidents!!

Rider 100% at fault.

Quote

everyday you see this

I guarantee you could drive over that bridge every day for a year or more and not see a motorcycle coming the wrong way. I do and i have not!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

25,000 or so dead on Thai roads the figures speak for themselves

Perhaps it's the locals who need to adapt to their own behaviour on their roads

 

mai pen rai

the high death toll is just another way of doing population control

it compensates for all the boom boom without a condom

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

 

mai pen rai

the high death toll is just another way of doing population control

it compensates for all the boom boom without a condom

 

It's also quite entertaining as well at times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LennyW said:

Good grief, i hope this is some sort of poor attempt at humour, if not then i fear you are heading for a heap of accidents!!

Rider 100% at fault.

I guarantee you could drive over that bridge every day for a year or more and not see a motorcycle coming the wrong way. I do and i have not!

 

Yep, spot on. This road is on my way to IRPC, and other customer plants also. Every now and then here, amongst all the usual road buffoonery and carnage, you'll see a really original 'out-of-the-box' maneuver that is heroically stupid. This was it..

 

Thais will always choose the easiest path between two points. Just think about raindrops running down a window pane.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is stating the nationality of both parties relevant to this story? I wonder if the aftermath of this  tragic event would have deviated from the truth if there was no dash cam video evidence? Seems to me that dash cams are an absolutely essential feature nowadays.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Driving in the dark and ahead I see a dark shadow....turns out it is a guy with his girlfriend on the back dressed in black, but no tail lights and when he reaches another car, no brake lights. These two are just waiting to die, or be very badly injured. Then today a young woman crosses in front of us on her scooter looking down at her cell phone and riding with one hand.....doesn't anybody have a functioning brain? Is the word "Dangerous" in their lexicon?

Pretty obvious why Thailand has the worst driver death rate in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Driving in the dark and ahead I see a dark shadow....turns out it is a guy with his girlfriend on the back dressed in black, but no tail lights and when he reaches another car, no brake lights. These two are just waiting to die, or be very badly injured. Then today a young woman crosses in front of us on her scooter looking down at her cell phone and riding with one hand.....doesn't anybody have a functioning brain? Is the word "Dangerous" in their lexicon?

Pretty obvious why Thailand has the worst driver death rate in the world.

 

Thais have absolutely no concept of cause and effect, and have no common sense. Why that is I have no idea. An example that comes to mind is a lad living over the road from me took half his head off by driving his motorbike at high speed into an electric pole. Next day I saw his brother roaring off down the road on his own bike, high-speed, wrong side of the road, no helmet. And we've all seen nearly every time a motorbike pulls out of a side road the driver doesn't look to see if it's safe. It's unfathomable. how so many people can be so stupid.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why cant they have a  website for this, would save huge hassles for expats and immigration ....   PHUKET: The Chief of the Phuket Immigration Office, Col Kathathorn Kumthieng, has confirmed that all foreigners registered as living in Phuket must re-report their address to immigration after being registered as staying in a hotel within Thailand, even for just one night.
Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/better-if-you-do-phuket-immigration-chief-urges-foreigners-to-re-register-addresses-even-if-staying-off-island-just-one-night-65744.php#WaOEUdzeSkRVh18U.99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is the cause of death NOT suicide by motorcycle? 

 

No apparent attempt to avoid hitting the car. Driving in the middle of the "fast" lane. Who said he did it to save time? He didn't say it. That dude intended the ending he got. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...