Video: New Zealander collides with Thai motorcyclist going the wrong way on bridge in Rayong

webfact

1 minute ago, transam said:

No, the Thai guy could have avoided his death by not being lazy..But you want to protect his stupidity....WHY...?

How slow are you today? The Kiwi could have avoided the collision, that's all I'm saying. He was fast asleep. Of course, the Thai could have too, but he's not alive to answer for his stupidity.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, tagalong said:

Do u hate N Z'S?  Fancy trying to pass blame to the innocent N Z...Your statement is idiotic n u must be a "Flat Earth"  believer...to say it the way u did...

Why did u not say; Why did the idiot Thai not move over......Could u react to your stupid statement at 100 klm?  NO!

Very sorry I shall re-phrase my post by replacing Kiwi with 'the driver involved in the accident'. As for your statement about Flat Earth.....it makes you look idiotic. Both drivers should have moved over, but the motorcyclist (see, I didn't say Thai), was probably inebriated.

1 minute ago, tropo said:

How slow are you today? The Kiwi could have avoided the collision, that's all I'm saying. He was fast asleep. Of course, the Thai could have too, but he's not alive to answer for his stupidity.

So in your opinion the Kiwi was at fault, not the Thai guy going down a one way street the wrong way.....Think I have got it now.....

MEMBERS....Beware of members, they could hang you....?

11 minutes ago, tagalong said:

Do u hate N Z'S?  Fancy trying to pass blame to the innocent N Z...Your statement is idiotic n u must be a "Flat Earth"  believer...to say it the way u did...

Why did u not say; Why did the idiot Thai not move over......Could u react to your stupid statement at 100 klm?  NO!

Don't forget a lot of guys watch F1 all the time and surely after a couple of years of that it's the same as an advanced driver course in the UK. Some of them are so good they can point out what Seb' Vettel is doing wrong and who could argue with them on those facts.

Edit.

Had to do the calc's ?

At just over 100 kph you cover in 3 seconds between 90 and 100 metres ( 300 ft, for those in the dark ages. )

The NZ guy should be make offerings to the god of dashcams. Difficult to understand how there was no attempt to avoid the crash from either driver.

It's true that there are lots of guys on scooters and bikes who drive against the traffic "to save time", but usually they drive carefully as much as possible to the side of the lane. This one was driving fast and right in the middle. I think he was convinced of being in the correct lane. Sorry for him and his family.

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

However, the Kiwi was driving in the 'fast' lane with a clear 'middle' lane, he had just overtaken the light coloured pick-up. Why didn't he move over. He had 4 or 5 seconds to take evasive action

Nahh...Maybe the kiwi is at fault because: 

A). He was in Thailand

B). He should have predicted a motorbike would be coming towards him despite the motorcyclist being in the wrong in that he was driving the wrong way.

C) Taken into allowance the plain stupidity of Thais when in control of a vehicle.

D) The Kiwi should realise Thais never obey road rules and do what they like as they see fit. 

Add all of A, B, C and D together and the Kiwi does not have a leg to stand on.

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Don't forget a lot of guys watch F1 all the time and surely after a couple of years of that it's the same as an advanced driver course in the UK. Some of them are so good they can point out what Seb' Vettel is doing wrong and who could argue with them on those facts.

What a load of rubbish. There are so many men who watch Premiership League every weekend for 20 years and still can't kick a ball or save a goal. Keep to the topic. The driver could have moved over to the left to let the motorcyclist through.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

So in your opinion the Kiwi was at fault, not the Thai guy going down a one way street the wrong way.....Think I have got it now.....

MEMBERS....Beware of members, they could hang you....?

Who said the Kiwi was at fault? I said he could have avoided the collision, that's all.

I'll repeat it again with the hope it will finally click:

The Thai was at fault. The Kiwi could have avoided the collision.

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

What a load of rubbish. There are so many men who watch Premiership League every weekend for 20 years and still can't kick a ball or save a goal. Keep to the topic. The driver could have moved over to the right to let the motorcyclist through.

Could the biker have driven on the correct side of the road...?

If so, why didn't he..?

Why did he risk his life, after all it could have been a Thai guy he hit...?

Nobody has suggested yet that the motorcyclist WANTED to crash. Now I have, but we'll never know, unless the BIB go interview his family and ask what his state of mind was. And of course, do a blood test for drugs/booze on his body.

8 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

What a load of rubbish. There are so many men who watch Premiership League every weekend for 20 years and still can't kick a ball or save a goal. Keep to the topic. The driver could have moved over to the left to let the motorcyclist through.

Ok so that's one head the sarcasm flew over.

Some guys in the local bars here can even tell Mo Salah

what he's doing wrong.

If the Kiwi driver had been Thai, the collision would probably have been avoided.  They are conditioned to move to one side to allow motorcycles past.  The foreigner's approach is to brake in surprise, because they have never been confronted with this sort of driving before.  That might lessen an impact but does not prevent the impact.

I would also like to add that the motorcyclist is obviously at fault, to save myself having to respond to 20 replies from people who make baseless assumptions about something I didn't write.

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Ok so that's one head the sarcasm flew over.

Some guys in the local bars here can even tell Mo Salla

( spelling? ) what he's doing wrong.

Sorry I had my head down, so it flew over. But you did sound very convincing.

4 minutes ago, tropo said:

Who said the Kiwi was at fault? I said he could have avoided the collision, that's all.

I'll repeat it again with the hope it will finally click:

The Thai was at fault. The Kiwi could have avoided the collision.

But the Kiwi was not you, ..If Mrs.Trans was driving the Kiwi truck the biker would have landed in Lao.....Get a grip man...

Just now, wgdanson said:

Nobody has suggested yet that the motorcyclist WANTED to crash. Now I have, but we'll never know, unless the BIB go interview his family and ask what his state of mind was. And of course, do a blood test for drugs/booze on his body.

If he wanted to crash then why did he brake...

4 minutes ago, transam said:

But the Kiwi was not you, ..If Mrs.Trans was driving the Kiwi truck the biker would have landed in Lao.....Get a grip man...

You mean she would have been stuck in the right-hand lane, when the middle one was clear?

4 minutes ago, roulax said:

This reminds me of the utmost importance to have a dash camera. Without images I am sure they would have found a way to make this kiwi guy guilty...

Mandatory investment if you are driving in this country IMO.

A good point, plus avoid farangs that would hang you..

4 hours ago, wgdanson said:

However, the Kiwi was driving in the 'fast' lane with a clear 'middle' lane, he had just overtaken the light coloured pick-up. Why didn't he move over. He had 4 or 5 seconds to take evasive action

He says he was coming over the brow of a hill so wouldn't have seen the motorcycle until it was too late! Also so what if he happened to be in the outside lane most Thais do it when there is nothing in the middle or inside lanes! Fact of the matter is the idiot on the motorcycle shouldn't have been riding on the wrong side of the road and all to common sight here in Thailand!

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Only just watched the video and it looks very like a bog standard safety hat on his head as well. That's about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

You've got better eyes than me, how can you determine the quality of his helmet? But even so, no helmet was ever going to save him.

Archived