Jump to content

Video: New Zealander collides with Thai motorcyclist going the wrong way on bridge in Rayong


webfact

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, transam said:

No, the Thai guy could have avoided his death by not being lazy..But you want to protect his stupidity....WHY...?

How slow are you today? The Kiwi could have avoided the collision, that's all I'm saying. He was fast asleep. Of course, the Thai could have too, but he's not alive to answer for his stupidity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, tagalong said:

Do u hate N Z'S?  Fancy trying to pass blame to the innocent N Z...Your statement is idiotic n u must be a "Flat Earth"  believer...to say it the way u did...

Why did u not say; Why did the idiot Thai not move over......Could u react to your stupid statement at 100 klm?  NO!

Very sorry I shall re-phrase my post by replacing Kiwi with 'the driver involved in the accident'. As for your statement about Flat Earth.....it makes you look idiotic. Both drivers should have moved over, but the motorcyclist (see, I didn't say Thai), was probably inebriated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tropo said:

How slow are you today? The Kiwi could have avoided the collision, that's all I'm saying. He was fast asleep. Of course, the Thai could have too, but he's not alive to answer for his stupidity.

So in your opinion the Kiwi was at fault, not the Thai guy going down a one way street the wrong way.....Think I have got it now.....

MEMBERS....Beware of members, they could hang you....?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Also no headlight on the bike either & it looks as if it's easily new enough to have a permanently on light.

Do you think the motorcyclist disabled the permanently-on light then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tagalong said:

Do u hate N Z'S?  Fancy trying to pass blame to the innocent N Z...Your statement is idiotic n u must be a "Flat Earth"  believer...to say it the way u did...

Why did u not say; Why did the idiot Thai not move over......Could u react to your stupid statement at 100 klm?  NO!

Don't forget a lot of guys watch F1 all the time and surely after a couple of years of that it's the same as an advanced driver course in the UK. Some of them are so good they can point out what Seb' Vettel is doing wrong and who could argue with them on those facts.

Edit.

Had to do the calc's ?

At just over 100 kph you cover in 3 seconds between 90 and 100 metres ( 300 ft, for those in the dark ages. )

Link to post
Share on other sites

The NZ guy should be make offerings to the god of dashcams. Difficult to understand how there was no attempt to avoid the crash from either driver.

 

It's true that there are lots of guys on scooters and bikes who drive against the traffic "to save time", but usually they drive carefully as much as possible to the side of the lane. This one was driving fast and right in the middle. I think he was convinced of being in the correct lane. Sorry for him and his family.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

However, the Kiwi was driving in the 'fast' lane with a clear 'middle' lane, he had just overtaken the light coloured pick-up. Why didn't he move over. He had 4 or 5 seconds to take evasive action

Nahh...Maybe the kiwi is at fault because: 

 

A). He was in Thailand

B). He should have predicted a motorbike would be coming towards him despite the motorcyclist being in the wrong in that he was driving the wrong way.

C) Taken into allowance the plain stupidity of Thais when in control of a vehicle.

D) The Kiwi should realise Thais never obey road rules and do what they like as they see fit. 

 

Add all of A, B, C and D together and the Kiwi does not have a leg to stand on.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Don't forget a lot of guys watch F1 all the time and surely after a couple of years of that it's the same as an advanced driver course in the UK. Some of them are so good they can point out what Seb' Vettel is doing wrong and who could argue with them on those facts.

What a load of rubbish. There are so many men who watch Premiership League every weekend for 20 years and still can't kick a ball or save a goal. Keep to the topic. The driver could have moved over to the left to let the motorcyclist through.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, transam said:

So in your opinion the Kiwi was at fault, not the Thai guy going down a one way street the wrong way.....Think I have got it now.....

MEMBERS....Beware of members, they could hang you....?

Who said the Kiwi was at fault? I said he could have avoided the collision, that's all.

 

I'll repeat it again with the hope it will finally click:

 

The Thai was at fault. The Kiwi could have avoided the collision.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

What a load of rubbish. There are so many men who watch Premiership League every weekend for 20 years and still can't kick a ball or save a goal. Keep to the topic. The driver could have moved over to the right to let the motorcyclist through.

Could the biker have driven on the correct side of the road...?

 

If so, why didn't he..?

 

Why did he risk his life, after all it could have been a Thai guy he hit...?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody has suggested yet that the motorcyclist WANTED to crash. Now I have, but we'll never know, unless the BIB go interview his family and ask what his state of mind was. And of course, do a blood test for drugs/booze on his body.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

What a load of rubbish. There are so many men who watch Premiership League every weekend for 20 years and still can't kick a ball or save a goal. Keep to the topic. The driver could have moved over to the left to let the motorcyclist through.

Ok so that's one head the sarcasm flew over.

Some guys in the local bars here can even tell Mo Salah

what he's doing wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Kiwi driver had been Thai, the collision would probably have been avoided.  They are conditioned to move to one side to allow motorcycles past.  The foreigner's approach is to brake in surprise, because they have never been confronted with this sort of driving before.  That might lessen an impact but does not prevent the impact.

 

I would also like to add that the motorcyclist is obviously at fault, to save myself having to respond to 20 replies from people who make baseless assumptions about something I didn't write.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...