BANGKOK
webfact

Video: New Zealander collides with Thai motorcyclist going the wrong way on bridge in Rayong

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

You've got better eyes than me, how can you determine the quality of his helmet? But even so, no helmet was ever going to save him.

Enlarge the still photo in the OP and it looks very like a V guard hat. Would fit with the industry, area, and construction work in Rayong.

"He was trying to save time by going the wrong way" !?!? now he's happy he cut corners until the very end ! he saved so much time that he has no more time left....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Enlarge the still photo in the OP and it looks very like a V guard hat. Would fit with the industry, area, and construction work in Rayong.

If that's what you did, and the conclusion you came to, you need to get out more.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

You need to get out more.

Not on the wrong side of the street...BUT, you carry on...?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lowryderen said:

So the family will not pursue it further... Right! But the NZ should! What about damages to his car, and the psychological factor of having killed someone, even if it's not his fault in any way.. The family should be happy if the NZ don't pursue it further! Sad for them to have lost a family member, but it was to his own stupidity. *If* the motorbike had insurance, it should take care of it, but if not (and thats not unlikely) the family should pay up. Good luck with that though!

I agree but if you do what does one really expect to get or gain in the attempt?  you are most likely scrapping the bottom of the can already. Most likely the insurance on the farang vehicle would pay for the damage and then jack the policy up the next year on him.

Sad Sad state of affairs when it comes to driving.  I was on this road Sunday it could have been me?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Another life lost due to stupidity, the motorcyclist was 100% at fault.

What was he doing riding in the fast lane against oncoming traffic?

The dead mans family are not pursuing the case, it would be pointless anyway.

Not sure if your correct in saying that for the dead mans family, to pursue the case would be pointless. We are after all discussing an event in Thailand.

7 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

I presume you know for sure that the middle lane was clear of any other car coming up behind the NZ driver and it was clear for him to verge over?

He was overtaken by a faster car in the inner lane since overtaking the pickup.

The pick-up that he (Kiwi) had just overtaken would have been in the middle lane. The black one is certainly travelling fast but in the inside lane, and possibly distracted Kiwi. I am not questioning that the motorcycle was 100% at fault, but Kiwi could have done something to avoid it.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I agree but if you do what does one really expect to get or gain in the attempt?  you are most likely scrapping the bottom of the can already. Most likely the insurance on the farang vehicle would pay for the damage and then jack the policy up the next year on him.

Sad Sad state of affairs when it comes to driving.  I was on this road Sunday it could have been me?

Why, do you drive on the wrong side?   lol 

• Haha 1

Fortuitously, he is dead befire he could hurt, main, or kill someone. I feel no sympathy for him. He was on a motorcycle. How much time was he going to save?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tongjaw said:

He didn’t even attempt to pull over to miss the Kiwi

And vice versa.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

What would they pursue??

Probably a million baht if there was no dashcam.  Moral of the story - get a dashcam.

• Like 1