Taxi driver with a gun sparks online debate

webfact

Taxi driver with a gun sparks online debate

9PM.jpg

Picture: MThai

A passenger posted pictures of a Thai taxi driver with a gun attached to the dash.

He said humorously on the "Khrai Mai Jeng - Goo Jeng" Facebook site:

"You can take me anywhere, mate. I really don't mind if you take the long way round".

But it was no laughing matter for netizens who said it was scary and demanded that the authorities take action. 

Was the gun even registered and why did he have it?, they demanded. 

Some suggested the gun was for self-defense and might not have been real. 

Thaivisa suggests that you might want to stay tuned for the response from the Department of Land Transport. 

Source: MThai

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-18

This Taxi driver needs to be removed from service immediately. 

The fines & whatever can be worried about later - but first he needs to be removed from contact with the general public, his driving license taken away from him - he's not mentally fit to mix with society. 

Equally so, any driver of a vehicle found with any weapon (machete, gun etc) inside needs to see severe punishment - license removal and if a Taxi lost of Taxi license.

This is not a funny matter - one heated argument and this guy will kill someone. 

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

But it was no laughing matter for netizens who said it was scary and demanded that the authorities take action. 

The taxi driver may have gone a bit to far, but I wonder how many of these netizens carry protection in their car? My wife always keeps a knife in the car and so do most of her family and friends...

car.JPG

43 minutes ago, missoura said:

The taxi driver may have gone a bit to far, but I wonder how many of these netizens carry protection in their car? My wife always keeps a knife in the car and so do most of her family and friends...

At least with a knife I suppose it can double to prepare food in an emergency. Not as practical with a gun - not so easy to shoot the top off a durian or a coconut.

Taxi drivers with weapons on display is a no-no...period. Can't project this sort of contempt and lawlessness regardless of the "situation" or "who he thinks he is"...not OK. I know many in vehicles carry weapons for whatever reason but it's against the law...as if that means anything. This is an example of what the cops should stamp down hard on and make an example of. Dream on though.

7 hours ago, missoura said:

car.JPG

What a wonderful society the Land of Smiles is. A million miles from the rubbish that TAT peddles, when citizens feel they have to carry protection with them wherever they go.

8 hours ago, bluesofa said:

At least with a knife I suppose it can double to prepare food in an emergency. Not as practical with a gun - not so easy to shoot the top off a durian or a coconut.

I agree,. My wife keeps one of these under the front seat in case she has a desire for a  watermelon or a coconut when we're on a long drive..Image result for machete

On 9/18/2018 at 10:42 AM, bluesofa said:

Or at bus load of people as in Yesterdays report on Thaivisa

Archived