Israeli tourist injured after attack by Krabi teenager

webfact

Israeli tourist injured after attack by Krabi teenager

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

141599.jpg

An Israeli tourist has sustained head injuries after being hit with a glass bottle by a teenager last week, allegedly over an issue of ‘jealousy’ in Krabi.

Koh Phi Phi Police were notified of the tourist’s injuries following last week’s attack.

Police arrived at a restaurant to find an injured male tourist identified as 30 year old Dani Isrirulnikov, an Israeli national. He had sustained a head injury. He was transferred to hospital for treatment.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/israeli-tourist-injured-after-attack-by-krabi-teenager

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-09-18

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Since when does it matter?  Thai's journalists use the term "teenager" to refer to young people, is it that big a deal?

For a journalist to totally not know the meaning of the word 'teenager' does seem a big deal to me but then again I studied journalism in the UK.

4 hours ago, edwinchester said:

For a journalist to totally not know the meaning of the word 'teenager' does seem a big deal to me but then again I studied journalism in the UK.

You are talking to a person who doesn't know the difference between a "Tabloid" and a "Compact", so you can leave journalism out of it

3 hours ago, JulesMad said:

Israelis are NOT known for their grace an respectful behavior towards any (human) being...

Why are there so many places in BKK with the sign "Israelis not allowed" or similar? From own experience, Israelis are not very nice tourists....

As with the usual lack of information, it is impossible to deduce what happened ?

I have not seen any such sign "Israelis not allowed" in Bangkok. Is it allowed for business establishment to put such notice outside their pubs ?

May be they think Thais are like Arabs ok to whack them. Well, they don't have their Uziz with them in Thailand though. Do they still use Uziz? (that short small sub-machine gun).

Can someone who had seen the bad behavior of Israelis confirm they are a pain in the behind in Thailand?

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

In Thailand they're well known for disrespectable and rude behaviour.

One of the many stories...

You post about a criminal, a mafia person,  and suggest that represents all Israelis. Totally sick and also off topic for this topic. I get it. Many people hate Israelis. But to suggest that they're all bad people is garden variety ignorance and bigotry.  

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Since when does it matter?  Thai's journalists use the term "teenager" to refer to young people, is it that big a deal?

Yes, it is. Either report in the English language properly or just report in your native tongue. If you choose to half-arse it, expect to be not only criticized, but not to be taken seriously and have your work dismissed out of hand. 

For a person who spends hours finding and lambasting other members over semantics, and who thinks everything is either black or white, you sure have taken a very odd stance over the misuse of the word 'teenager'. 

I'll have to remember this post for future use. 

8 hours ago, Happy enough said:

sounds to me more like he was walking by himself along the road, seen the thai couple coming the opposite way minding their own business and he has tried to stop and chat up the guys bird and whack . . . won't be doing that over here again

25 years ago i was with my hot gf in India...yes backpacking.

We were eating on the rooftop of our hotel/guesthouse and there comes an Israelian guy to our table. He told us he had booked  himself in our room since we had a 3 person room and were only with 2 persons. I told him we didn't want that but he kept on persuading and even started to get agressive. 

So i went to the reception and told them that he was not sharing a room with us which was fine with them.

He was the most rude farang i ever met in all Asia. If he did that in Europe he shure would get kicked by me.

2 hours ago, madusa said:

I have not seen any such sign "Israelis not allowed" in Bangkok. Is it allowed for business establishment to put such notice outside their pubs ?

May be they think Thais are like Arabs ok to whack them. Well, they don't have their Uziz with them in Thailand though. Do they still use Uziz? (that short small sub-machine gun).

Can someone who had seen the bad behavior of Israelis confirm they are a pain in the behind in Thailand?

My friends went to Samui 30 years ago and told me stories how it went there....the bartender had a gun under the counter and that time large groups of Israelian soldiers or ex-soldiers went there for holiday. But when things went out of hand he just shot the gun in the air and told all to leave now or he would start aiming....that seemed to work well.

I haven''t seen the signs "no israelians" in thailand but i did in India. I haven't met groups of Israelians since a decade now.

22 minutes ago, Thian said:

25 years ago i was with my hot gf in India...yes backpacking.

We were eating on the rooftop of our hotel/guesthouse and there comes an Israelian guy to our table. He told us he had booked  himself in our room since we had a 3 person room and were only with 2 persons. I told him we didn't want that but he kept on persuading and even started to get agressive. 

So i went to the reception and told them that he was not sharing a room with us which was fine with them.

He was the most rude farang i ever met in all Asia. If he did that in Europe he shure would get kicked by me.

What's your nationality? Perhaps we can start a new topic and people can share anecdotal stories of rotten behavior of people of your nationality with the subtext that they're all like that. Such is the path of prejudice, ignorance, and hatred. 

All this appalling Israeli bashing on a topic about a news story that happened to involve ONE Israeli man. Hmm.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You post about a criminal, a mafia person,  and suggest that represents all Israelis. Totally sick and also off topic for this topic. I get it. Many people hate Israelis. But to suggest that they're all bad people is garden variety ignorance and bigotry.  

No, not all of them, just all I've personally met in Thailand.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I’ve worked with and met many Israelis over the years, and I have to say I’ve found them ok. Friendly and easy enough to get on with, and generally with a great sense of humour. But from a distance, in a holiday resort, I can understand some of the bad press.

I’ll give you some anecdotal evidence which might give you some clues as to why:

- I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been in a shop and heard Israelis aggressively and rudely bartering beyond what I would consider decent.

- I was chatting with a girl last month and she told me how the night before an Israeli guy was asking her if she would ‘go with him’ for nothing.  He continued coming back with the same request throughout the night, appearing more angry each time. Apparently he told her he is young and handsome, so she should agree to this request.

- Whenever I’ve stayed at resorts near a group of young Israelis they would spend the first 2-3 hours of the night on their balcony shouting at each other very loudly.  It as though the males have to speak with deep and loud voices (with lots of that Kkkkcccchhh sound) in order to be considered manly. This can be irritating for those nearby.

- I sat down at a bar one night and at the next table there were two well-dressed Israeli guys, in discussion with a girl.  I couldn’t help over hearing. They wanted to share her for 1000b.  I was finishing my 2nd drink by the time they finally gave up and left the bar.

Perhaps some of the behaviours that might be considered normal for an Israeli can rub other people up the wrong way.

Mind you, I can hardly talk.  It’s not like the English have a great reputation abroad!

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

What's your nationality? Perhaps we can start a new topic and people can share anecdotal stories of rotten behavior of people of your nationality with the subtext that they're all like that. Such is the path of prejudice, ignorance, and hatred. 

All this appalling Israeli bashing on a topic about a news story that happened to involve ONE Israeli man. Hmm.

Next day i was in the headquarter of an export company in New Delhi, we were doing business with the  boss and he had an ashtray for me on his table so i was smoking.

At the next desk was an Israeli man also doing business but he came to tell me to stop smoking. So i showed the ashtray and told him the boss had put it there so i was allowed to smoke there.

Hell break loose, he starting yelling and arguing and would never stop, boy what an idiot.

I can understand why some hotels won't have them.

3 minutes ago, Thian said:

Next day i was in the headquarter of an export company in New Delhi, we were doing business with the  boss and he had an ashtray for me on his table so i was smoking.

At the next desk was an Israeli man also doing business but he came to tell me to stop smoking. So i showed the ashtray and told him the boss had put it there so i was allowed to smoke there.

Hell break loose, he starting yelling and arguing and would never stop, boy what an idiot.

Hilarious. As I expected, you're the rude one. Smoking in an enclosed space when someone objects? Disgusting, filthy, rude, unhealthy behavior. Yes, second hand smoke kills. 

Dude, it's clear you are bigoted against Israelis and if you've had bad experiences with "all" of them, I submit look in the mirror about the negative vibes you're putting out. 

Just now, Jingthing said:

Hilarious. As I expected, you're the rude one. Smoking in an enclosed space when someone objects? Disgusting, filthy, rude, unhealthy behavior. Yes, second hand smoke kills. 

Dude, it's clear you are bigoted against Israelis and if you've had bad experiences with "all" of them, I submit look in the mirror about the negative vibes you're putting out. 

Guess you're an israeli yourself.

If someone invites me in his office and tells me i'm allowed to smoke there then who's the Israeli telling me to stop???

And why would a Thai teenager from Krabi attack a tourist?? I've never seen something like that unless the foreigner was showing bad behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Thian said:

Guess you're an israeli yourself.

If someone invites me in his office and tells me i'm allowed to smoke there then who's the Israeli telling me to stop???

And why would a Thai teenager from Krabi attack a tourist?? I've never seen something like that unless the foreigner was showing bad behaviour.

Wrong guess.

But I am a non-smoker.

Israeli men BTW smoke at high rates compared to E.U. men but in my experience they have respect for non-smokers. I'm sure not always. You see, dude, there are rude people and bigoted people in ALL nationalities. 

8 minutes ago, Thian said:

don't you see you are as bad as each other; both exhibiting anti-social and rude behaviour.

Archived