Truck knocks down three power poles on Bangkok soi, causing traffic snarls

webfact

Truck knocks down three power poles on Bangkok soi, causing traffic snarls

By The Nation

glk3.jpg

Picture: INN

Traffic locked up on Soi Pridi Banomyong 2 under the Chalong Rat expressway after a truck brought down three power poles in a chain reaction Tuesday morning.

JS100 traffic radio station reported that the accident happened at 7.30am when a truck hit a fibre optics cable and then hit a power pole, causing it to fall and pull two others down with it.

The poles blocked the road, causing traffic snarls on the soi and adjacent roads.

Metropolitan Electricity Authority workers rushed to the scene to clear away the fallen poles and install replacements. The operation was expected to take four hours to complete.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354698

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-18

This is not uncommon in many of Bangkok's factory soi's...  dragging down comms and power cable seems like a fairly regular occurrence.

It happened in the Soi of my Wife's factory...    comms cables installed haphazardly by lazy workers, A delivery truck with a high load and a dumb driver.... 

.... the truck drives through without a 'lookout', snags the cables which drag down one 'telegraph pole' and a couple of others fall like dominoes as they themselves (the telegraph poles) are not installed properly.... 

Comms and power out for most of the day... I think its happened a couple of times. 

.... 'a series of unfortunate events' completely avoidable if it weren't for the general 'fail' at almost every stage of the process... (1: Poor installation of the telegraph poles. 2: Poor and slack installation of the cables. 3: Careless Lorry driver & no lookout)

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is not uncommon in many of Bangkok's factory soi's...  dragging down comms and power cable seems like a fairly regular occurrence.

It happened in the Soi of my Wife's factory...    comms cables installed haphazardly by lazy workers, A delivery truck with a high load and a dumb driver.... 

.... the truck drives through without a 'lookout', snags the cables which drag down one 'telegraph pole' and a couple of others fall like dominoes as they themselves (the telegraph poles) are not installed properly.... 

Comms and power out for most of the day... I think its happened a couple of times. 

.... 'a series of unfortunate events' completely avoidable if it weren't for the general 'fail' at almost every stage of the process... (1: Poor installation of the telegraph poles. 2: Poor and slack installation of the cables. 3: Careless Lorry driver & no lookout)

I agree but you missed out the 4th and most important reason ,  and that is an insufficient number of Budhha amulets on the drivers dashboard.

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Should have had a spotter on the back of the truck with a bamboo pole,

instead, of it will be OK attitude, now will have substantial expenses for 

replacing poles,wires.

regards Worgeordie

Indeed. A cousin of my wife pulled down some poles and it cost him 200,000 baht. I don't know if they got the money from him though.

Archived