Banking coming next month to every 7-eleven

snoop1130

6 hours ago, JemJem said:

I have mixed feelings about this. It will be annoying to have to wait longer at the queues sometimes, but as The Manic had written above, the decentralisation of the banking stuff is good.

Oh, and by the way, if only the plan to sell draught beer at 7-Elevens wasn't shelved ; it would have been nice to get draught beer from them ?

Curious as to where you would drink it.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is not about ease but just about increasing the wealth of the 2 chinese brothers who own CP group/true and the huge backing of the last 2 coups along with opening the door to the Chinese State in Thailand. Every Chinese state deal has a CP group involved as well as partnerships 

half of Somkids economic team are ex-cp executives and current execs

its the worst kind of monopoly 

I never use an atm here and do most of my shopping at big c. No problem. But banking at a 711 where most of the staff there seem to have trouble with more than a few items. If the bill is 212 and you give them a 500thb and a 20thb they have trouble working that one out.

10 minutes ago, humbug said:

this is not about ease but just about increasing the wealth of the 2 chinese brothers who own CP group/true and the huge backing of the last 2 coups along with opening the door to the Chinese State in Thailand. Every Chinese state deal has a CP group involved as well as partnerships 

half of Somkids economic team are ex-cp executives and current execs

its the worst kind of monopoly 

They also own Makro,,

regardsWorgeordie

You don't know how lucky you are here in Thailand..in the UK people leave their cars on the petrol pumps while they go inside the store to pay and shop..leaving a queue of vehicles out onto the road....waiting for Dave to choose what flavour crisps he wants!!!

36 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

If they have a single designated line for banking, bill paying etc, then OK.  If every cashier deals with it, then it is a huge mistake. Will lose my limited custom and that of thousands of others too.

Agree. Many times I've tried to pay a bill yet the member of staff I choose hasn't a clue what to do so has to call over another cashier, effectively taking two pay-points. And while they're at it, the busier branches should have a dedicated person to make coffee, heat noodles and cook toasties. 

6 hours ago, balo said:

Terrible news, just waiting in the ATM queue when in the beginning of the month the locals try to transfer money 10 times to their friends they owe money too .   

So if you just want to buy a bottle of water it could take forever.

All the friends they owe money too except for me......lol...?

2 hours ago, Thian said:

At the end of the month in BKK there are queue's at EVERY atm for about 30-40 people...it's terrible...

umm ... Aren't farangs smarter? Can't they think ahead and make sure they have enough funds to last until say.... the 2nd or 3rd day of the month?

1 hour ago, hobz said:

Deposit and withdraw. There's machines for that everywhere, usually outside 711 (withdraw)

I don't get it.

Is this mostly for ppl that want to deposit a bunch of small bills and coins because they run some type of mom/pop shop? Seems like the only valid reason for this. 

This goes way beyond just banking as their reasoning.  Loyalty promotions, crypto, remittance etc all factor in.  In a couple of years it will be self evident.

Banks have been closing branches for quite a while now.  Manual tellers are becoming a thing for the history books, like flag wavers for the automobile.

2 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Agree. Many times I've tried to pay a bill yet the member of staff I choose hasn't a clue what to do so has to call over another cashier, effectively taking two pay-points. And while they're at it, the busier branches should have a dedicated person to make coffee, heat noodles and cook toasties. 

They do don't they? Mind you, at the branch I have just visited it wasn't working - the staff were terribly upset. One of the girls explained why through her tears. 

Their pet rabbit, who they fed on left over sandwiches had just died - mixingmytoasties...

7/11's are very busy now, they will only get more busy and we will have to wait longer.

What is it with Thai people. They don't use internet banking or the phone apps as much as farangs do. I use the apps to buy and transfer money everywhere. No queuing, no waiting. Even phone top ups are instantaneous. They are on their phones all day but won't use it to do their transfers or top ups, why?

18 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

umm ... Aren't farangs smarter? Can't they think ahead and make sure they have enough funds to last until say.... the 2nd or 3rd day of the month?

So if i want to buy something expensive i first have to check the calendar to see if i can get new cash from the banks without spending an hour in the queue?

Do you have more of those great idea's? You should sell them!

31 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Seriously ? Moaning about someone paying a bill ? I'm sure that few minutes waiting in your life will be vital. Next time some farang starts tutting about the Mrs paying our water or electric , I think i'll just ask her to recount and then pay in 1 bahts and then ask for a recount. 

7/11 is supposedly a convenience store.  Easy for people to quickly nip in and out of for a drink or sandwich. Ususally with their car double parked outside, regardless of the inconvenience they are causing other motorists.  Delay them any more with people paying 2/3/4 bills at once as often happens and either they will get a ticket -be towed away, or vote with their feet and not go to 7.

A designated till for bills, telephone cards etc etc is the way to go if they want to keep their custom.

13 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

Agreed Happy Enough. Many people already holding up the queues paying water, electric, ToT, AIS and whatever. I sorry sir, please wait 10 minutes while I process this international bank transfer...last time I looked there was no shortage of banks in most areas.

Of course you are right but being able to do banking 24/7 sounds kind of appealing and i am sure would be used a lot.

2 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

I'm waiting for the day that I can have my passport scanned at 7eleven for a 90 day report.

Well, that particular service was supposedly available there for a short period between 31st March and 2nd April exclusive a few years ago according to reports on here at the time!?

14 hours ago, Happy enough said:

like queues at most 7's aren't slow enough as it is 

1   on the till 3 standing round  trying to look like they give a ............. and the one on the till spends 80% of her/his/ its (mustnt  forget our lgbt  community now as that would be so  non pc) time laughing and joking/talking with the other 3.............sometimes id  love to give them a good  old Prayut  "tickle" or what id  call a  bloody  good smack in the  gob..Im here, Im the customer, look at me you ignorant retard!

But enough, Im being too kind

Archived