Banking coming next month to every 7-eleven

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

That will be sorted in the second stage of the program when bank branches will be selling cold drinks and microwaved mini-meals and will help you top up your mobile phone.

seriously though, how much more can they expect the 7 staff to do. nice kids but usually, not always, but usually dopey as shit. trying to juggle topping up phones, people pissing around with utility bills, making fricking toasties, noodles, micro meals and coffees, stacking half empty shelves and all whilst playing candy crush. the rest fking hiding around the back of the aisles

90 day reports would be handy mind ? 555

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I confess to using one of the (many) local 7/11 shops in my area to pay my phone and utilities. Saves the time and trouble of going into one of their shops at a big centre.

Also, mostly the staff process it quicker than another customer buying a bunch of things  (or hot meal) and fiddling around the find the money!

9 hours ago, The manic said:

Why should purchasers buying goods rather than services feel their needs are somehow  more valid? This de-centralisation of bank and utility payments is a blessing and a great step forward.

It's because the purchasers for services have the additional options of going to the real banks or post offices.

1 minute ago, orchidfan said:

I confess to using one of the (many) local 7/11 shops in my area to pay my phone and utilities. Saves the time and trouble of going into one of their shops at a big centre.

Also, mostly the staff process it quicker than another customer buying a bunch of things  (or hot meal) and fiddling around the find the money!

not thought about just getting your bank app on your phone, takes seconds to pay bills and transfers etc

42 minutes ago, Ling Kae said:

7/11's are very busy now, they will only get more busy and we will have to wait longer.

What is it with Thai people. They don't use internet banking or the phone apps as much as farangs do. I use the apps to buy and transfer money everywhere. No queuing, no waiting. Even phone top ups are instantaneous. They are on their phones all day but won't use it to do their transfers or top ups, why?

Possibly they don't trust the phone apps or computerised systems.

Can't imagine why?

Windows XP is pretty secure by now?

Just now, JAG said:

Possibly they don't trust the phone apps or computerised systems.

Can't imagine why?

Windows XP is pretty secure by now?

I think it's more that they are scared of technology and of making a mistake so would rather just queue. Bit silly really, wasting all that time.

13 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

not thought about just getting your bank app on your phone, takes seconds to pay bills and transfers etc

When I opened my Bangkok Bank account long ago I was told that with my "Visa" (extension based on marriage ) I wasn't eligible for online banking. Will have to check with them again.

3 hours ago, Thian said:

At the end of the month in BKK there are queue's at EVERY atm for about 30-40 people...it's terrible...

You live in a city with millions of people and you are complaining about waiting in line because of all the people......laughable. Move.

9 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

When I opened my Bangkok Bank account long ago I was told that with my "Visa" (extension based on marriage ) I wasn't eligible for online banking. Will have to check with them again.

should be able to. i went into kbank with my friend a few weeks back with him and the girl set it all up on his phone for him and took him outside to the atm to finish the set up. he's on an ed visa. *(just has the savings account) took a few minutes, cost nothing. app all set up. try to go in a branch and ask again if not try open a kbank maybe as i am sure they'll do it

A brilliant idea, bearing in mind there are 7-11s on every street corner. Over 8,000 in Thailand. The limit of 5000 baht at a time for withdrawals would be okay for most Thais, but at the same time most would have an ATM card so they could withdraw more if they wanted to. It seems to me the main benefit would be to deposit money.

15 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

Agreed Happy Enough. Many people already holding up the queues paying water, electric, ToT, AIS and whatever. I sorry sir, please wait 10 minutes while I process this international bank transfer...last time I looked there was no shortage of banks in most areas.

Smart move by the banks. Why pay tellers when you can get the already overworked and underpaid beggars in 7/11 to do the job?

Just imagine the redundancies at Kasikorn, Bangkok Bank and the other high street branches when Thailand goes cashless in a few years.

It's a foretaste of the glorious robotics/AI revolution which is expected to wipe out up to seventy percent of jobs in the next twenty to thirty years.

Goodness knows how our children and grandchildren are going to earn a living, irrespective of the kind of education we have given them.

1 hour ago, Thian said:

So if i want to buy something expensive i first have to check the calendar to see if i can get new cash from the banks without spending an hour in the queue?

Do you have more of those great idea's? You should sell them!

called "planning ahead'

2 hours ago, Ling Kae said:

What is it with Thai people. They don't use internet banking or the phone apps as much as farangs do. I use the apps to buy and transfer money everywhere. No queuing, no waiting. Even phone top ups are instantaneous. They are on their phones all day but won't use it to do their transfers or top ups, why?

It's called Thai logic. You need to be a local to understand. 

8 hours ago, balo said:

Terrible news, just waiting in the ATM queue when in the beginning of the month the locals try to transfer money 10 times to their friends they owe money too .   

So if you just want to buy a bottle of water it could take forever.

yes, because the concept of 7/11 is to sell fast to customers who do not buy their bulk market there. They will have to wait longer to pay their bottle of water.... 

Being able to pay my utility bills at the 7/11 and lotus has saved me the trouble of visiting the main offices of the utility companies concerned and taking a number and waiting in line .I think the addition of some banking services 

will be useful on occasions .

and sure 7 will charge the customers a high extra.

recently wanted to pay a water bill and they wanted to get a fee of 25 baht for a 130 baht water bill! like 20 percent. anyway, refused to accept that robbery and went and paid the bill at MWA office a kilometer away.

and if this goes this way, better close all other businesses/shops in thailand and make every shop a 7/11!

hope Thailand break lose from the capitalist grip of 7/11 which just exploits people and i am sure local economy does a lot better too that way.

Saw this story, wanted to post those exact same words, but you already have! [emoji23]

Do 7 not realise many customers are and will continue to go elsewhere as less queues

Its bad enough when I occasionally go in there to buy 500 baht of Tru money, the place grinds to a standstill

Recipe for disaster, the pilot will crash

like queues at most 7's aren't slow enough as it is 

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Customers will pay a 15 baht fee for every transaction, which will be offered as part of 7-Eleven’s Counter Service. There will be no fees for the first year for customers aged 7 to 20.<------copied from the main article. http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/09/18/banking-coming-next-month-to-every-7-eleven/ 

Who lets their kids do their banking?????

Archived