BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shoeless Joe

What's Happening in Nan?

It looks likely I'll be moving to Nan province (Ban Muang Jung) next year for a while, after 7 years living in Chiang Mai. What is there in the way of entertainment etc in and around Nan town? Are there decent bars with farang / ex-pat clientele, restaurants, and maybe some live music, golf?

Thanks,

Joe

Nan is a ghost town. Nuff said. I feel sorry for you.

Have fun. ?

10 hours ago, thequietman said:

Nan is a ghost town. Nuff said. I feel sorry for you.

Have fun. ?

Oh!

Do you live in Nan now? You mean there are no restaurants or bars?

Joe

13 hours ago, Shoeless Joe said:

What is there in the way of entertainment etc in and around Nan town?

Absolutely nothing for foreigners.

Probably the dullest place outside Issan.

There are lots of restaurants, few bars but some nightlife. Foreigners in Nan tend to interact with Thais more than other areas of Thailand. There's golf and practice range. 

Buy yourself a big bike, Nan province has some of the best roads in Thailand e.g. the 1148

6 minutes ago, rcjoop said:

Buy yourself a big bike, Nan province has some of the best roads in Thailand e.g. the 1148

Thanks for the advice but I think not...I'd like to stay alive and uninjured. ?

Joe

Been in Nan for four months now. I'm married and of an age where bars are not an attraction for me. There is a ton of restaurants, some golf and a few bars where I understand certain vices can be purchased or taken out. The Thai wife and I shop at Big C and I see less than one farang and Thai wife per visit. We love it here...clean, green and quiet. Nan Immigration is friendly and I've never seen it busy.

Nice place to visit. On the plus side there is an airport to get the hell out of there.. There is a craft beer home brewery there.. Google the place.. Its a quiet place 

On 9/19/2018 at 11:36 AM, Shoeless Joe said:

Thanks for the advice but I think not...I'd like to stay alive and uninjured. ?

Joe

Believe it or not but having driven over a good deal of Thailand over the years, the Thai drivers in Nan are far better than elsewhere in the country. I've even seem some courteous and dare I say it, good driving skills from time to time. Plus the roads are good and the traffic less than most other provinces.

1 hour ago, Chicken George said:

Nice place to visit. On the plus side there is an airport to get the hell out of there.. There is a craft beer home brewery there.. Google the place.. Its a quiet place 

I never visited Nan and I'd like to. There's an airport? Flights from CM perhaps? It's just far enough from CM that a cheap flight could be appealing (I think about 5 hours drive right?).

On 9/19/2018 at 10:39 AM, BritManToo said:

Absolutely nothing for foreigners.

Probably the dullest place outside Issan.

I live in Issan and it is far from dull. Plenty of farang bars, restaurants and nightlife in Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Nong Khai and Korat to name a few cities. I presume you are from one of those dreadful southern resorts.

3 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Nong Khai and Korat

Khon Khen is dull as ditchwater, even the bus station has gone.

Korat is just a gigantic army base.