Thai man goes berserk on plane after being denied entry to South Korea

webfact

Thai man goes berserk on plane after being denied entry to South Korea 

4PM.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A Thai man got his wish to enter South Korea on Sunday evening but not in the manner he originally desired. 

After the man aged about 30 was denied entry by the South Korean immigration at Incheon, Seoul, he was put back on a Jin Air flight to Bangkok. 

But as South Korean TV station JTBC reported, he threw an angry fit as the plane taxied on the runway and had to be subdued by crew and passengers. 

The plane returned to the terminal and the Thai was promptly handcuffed and taken into custody. 

Sanook reported that the man was angry that he would be arrested back in Thailand after being denied entry. 

Thousands of Thais are working illegally in the prosperous nation and the Korean authorities have asked their Thai counterparts to try to stop the flood of people arriving on tourist visas then going to work. 

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-19

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, webfact said:

The plane returned to the terminal and the Thai was promptly handcuffed and taken into custody. 

Must be a real  bummer for the Thais  going to the "real world" not their fantasy land

13 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

More likely his dream of finding a decent well paid job went out the window and just couldn't face coming back to this shiphole.??

More likely coming back to the wrath of the money lender he borrowd the money from to go work in korea now he has no income to pay it back

3 minutes ago, kannot said:
16 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thousands of Thais are working illegally in the prosperous nation

Goodness me, not just those nasty farangs then eh?? Stealing jobs from those Koreans, ban them all I say

There's a huge difference between someone moving (even illegally) from a country with $8 a day minimum wage, to a country with much better opportunities vs. someone moving from a high GDP country to hunt up a job in a low GDP country that happens to have cheap sex and pretty women on offer.

I'm not saying either one is right.  Just that I understand the former, and really don't sympathize with the latter.

45 minutes ago, impulse said:

There's a huge difference between someone moving (even illegally) from a country with $8 a day minimum wage, to a country with much better opportunities vs. someone moving from a high GDP country to hunt up a job in a low GDP country that happens to have cheap sex and pretty women on offer.

I'm not saying either one is right.  Just that I understand the former, and really don't sympathize with the latter.

Your argument while it's morally sound but fairly and ethically not right, just imagine the billions of destitute people from craphole countries all wanting to immigrate to high earning countries, and what a chaos it will cause...

19 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Your argument while it's morally sound but fairly and ethically not right, just imagine the billions of destitute people from craphole countries all wanting to immigrate to high earning countries, and what a chaos it will cause...

I didn't claim that either one was right.  Because of that chaos.  But I have a lot more sympathy for one than for the other.

And to answer rkidlad, I worked for 7 years in BKK and never touched a Thai lady, because I was in it for the paycheck.  But that puts me in the tiny minority. 

I would contend that Thailand wouldn't have even 1/10 the problem with illegal falang workers if sex were off the table...

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Sanook reported that the man was angry that he would be arrested back in Thailand after being denied entry. 

So he got a strop on and got arrested there first. Winning!

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

More likely coming back to the wrath of the money lender he borrowd the money from to go work in korea now he has no income to pay it back

More likely the cause of his grief. Mrs NL related the story of four lads from the moobahn who flew off to work in Korea. Only 3 got in though and the 4th was sent back. Turns out his 3 pals all had the proper visa's for working. acquired through an agency. Against sage advice,  he had borrowed money to fly with them on the flawed premise that he would be allowed in regardless. He hasn't been seen around the traps since he got back so he's either hiding from the loan shark or it's that bloody loss of face thing again.

6 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Seeing how much you seem to dislike women - are you some guys? 

Don't care what sex or race people are, I don't like everyone equally.

I come here for the weather and jungle (and temples), too old for sex these days.

Anyway the Thai guy got his wish, to stay in Korea.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

You realise the South Korea minimum wage is 218 baht a day while Thailand's is 325 baht, right?

First phone call home from the detention center "Mummy, mummy, mummy don't they know who I am?"

Once in Thailand will be:

"Thai society please understand me (accompanied by many Wais) I didn't think I'd need a visa as I'm Thai and we can do anything we want"

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

You realise the South Korea minimum wage is 218 baht a day while Thailand's is 325 baht, right?

Korea's GDP per capita is over twice Thailand's.  So my guess is that they're not sneaking in to take minimum wage jobs. 

That's not to say they may not end up cheated when it's all said and done...

Either way its one job less for a local.

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

GDP per capita tells you nothing.

So, if you were lazy like me (and really didn't care all that much), what would be your very first go-to number to compare one economy to the other? 

Assume I don't want to spend the time to do a dissertation on why Thai's sneak in to Korea to work... 

That's a pretty safe assumption, BTW.

1 minute ago, impulse said:

So, if you were lazy like me (and really didn't care all that much), what would be your very first go-to number to compare one economy to the other? 

Assume I don't want to spend the time to do a dissertation on why Thai's sneak in to Korea to work... 

That's a pretty safe assumption, BTW.

Sorry, made a mistake, what I thought was South Korea's minimum wages per day is actually per hour, turns out they earn almost 10 times as much as here!

Let all the Thai migrant works who want to seek work go with both government's blessing through a signed and enforced bilateral MOU.  Then, let all the Myanmar, Lao, and Cambodian workers enter Thailand with government's blessing through signed and enforced bilateral MOUs -- problem solved!!  Except that Thais might have to learn a second language other than English!

I think you’re right. My partners brother and his wife recently went there and did it all through an agent. Now fruit picking/ farm working earning 40,000 each/ month but paying back lumps of it each month back to the borrower. They plan on staying as long as they can or get caught as I’m not sure how long they can legally work there
For them it’s worth the risk.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I didn't claim that either one was right.  Because of that chaos.  But I have a lot more sympathy for one than for the other.

And to answer rkidlad, I worked for 7 years in BKK and never touched a Thai lady, because I was in it for the paycheck.  But that puts me in the tiny minority. 

I would contend that Thailand wouldn't have even 1/10 the problem with illegal falang workers if sex were off the table...

I would contend that illegal work in Thailand would not be on the scale it currently is if Thailand didn't has such archaic and restrictive labour laws coupled with the corrupt and poorly paid / resourced enforcement agencies. 

Not sure what sex has to do with working??

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Morality and ethics are irrelevant.

No need to "imagine" it.

It has been the way of the world (normality) for tens of millennia.

It will continue as long as the tides rise and fall and the winds blow.

4 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

218 baht an hour

"This statistic shows the legal minimum hourly wage in South Korea from 2009 to 2018. In 2018, the minimum hourly wage in South Korea amounted to 7,530 South Korean won"

• South Korea: minimum wage 2018 | Statistic

5 hours ago, impulse said:

It is said we all judge from within our own frame of reference... ?

6 hours ago, impulse said:

everyone seems a better life but the difference between money rich foreigners living in Thailand to the uneducated, issan  farm people many with criminal records seeking illegal employment in Korea is two different  cases. 

5 minutes ago, baansgr said:

everyone seems a better life but the difference between money rich foreigners living in Thailand to the uneducated, issan  farm people many with criminal records seeking illegal employment in Korea is two different  cases. 

You mean the cashed up foreigners who start 25 page TVF tirades when the price of Chang goes up by 3 baht a bottle at 7/11?

Archived