Thai man goes berserk on plane after being denied entry to South Korea

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will be going home to a big family debt and big loss of face.

60k was the going rate 10 years ago when I was asked to contribute for my BIL.

I declined which turned out to be a good thing because 10 of them were turned away in a similar fashion.

I am sure they stood out like sore thumbs.

10 lads from Essan going on a lads holiday in Korea. Lol.

7 hours ago, impulse said:

There's a huge difference between someone moving (even illegally) from a country with $8 a day minimum wage, to a country with much better opportunities vs. someone moving from a high GDP country to hunt up a job in a low GDP country that happens to have cheap sex and pretty women on offer.

I'm not saying either one is right.  Just that I understand the former, and really don't sympathize with the latter.

Come to Germany

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Your argument while it's morally sound but fairly and ethically not right, just imagine the billions of destitute people from craphole countries all wanting to immigrate to high earning countries, and what a chaos it will cause...

You dont have to imagine it. Look at Europe, Especially Germany and the UK and Scandinavia and Holland. Ruined beyond repair. Trashed by decades of uncontrolled immigration with waves of economic invaders changing the face of society permanently. 

3 hours ago, vinegarbase said:

This is great. I look forward to more stories about Thai citizens suffering at the hands of immigration officials in other countries considering how bad foreigners get treated by their own. 

The UK immigration process is much worse for Thais. But may I ask: how many times have you had a problem with Thai immigration officials?

12 hours ago, pookiki said:

Let all the Thai migrant works who want to seek work go with both government's blessing through a signed and enforced bilateral MOU.  Then, let all the Myanmar, Lao, and Cambodian workers enter Thailand with government's blessing through signed and enforced bilateral MOUs -- problem solved!!  Except that Thais might have to learn a second language other than English!

Most of them haven't come even remotely close to mastering English yet, never mind learning another language...

8 hours ago, baansgr said:

everyone seems a better life but the difference between money rich foreigners living in Thailand to the uneducated, issan  farm people many with criminal records seeking illegal employment in Korea is two different  cases. 

Why do you assume that just because they're from Isan they have criminal records? Do you have any statistics to back up this statement?

I agree that many of them are lazy/laid back and have a low level of education, but to imply that many of them are criminals just shows how little you know about them.

13 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Sorry, made a mistake, what I thought was South Korea's minimum wages per day is actually per hour, turns out they earn almost 10 times as much as here!

A foreign worker without legal permits will not earn as much as a S.Korean, but yes one can imagine that some will still find it attractive.

9 hours ago, vinegarbase said:

This is great. I look forward to more stories about Thai citizens suffering at the hands of immigration officials in other countries considering how bad foreigners get treated by their own. 

He wasnt mistreated the Korean IO did his job properly

Thai man was tagging himself obviously intending to work illegally.

Now he'll get to enjoy some rough handling and military style discipline at the pleasure of Korean jail.  Might do him so good. Reckon he'll be begging for money from relatives for a deportation ticket and I hope they just deport him but disrupting an international flight is NOT a good idea. He may be hit with major charges by the Korean Ministry of Transportation.

21 hours ago, impulse said:

I didn't claim that either one was right.  Because of that chaos.  But I have a lot more sympathy for one than for the other.

And to answer rkidlad, I worked for 7 years in BKK and never touched a Thai lady, because I was in it for the paycheck.  But that puts me in the tiny minority. 

I would contend that Thailand wouldn't have even 1/10 the problem with illegal falang workers if sex were off the table...

So ED then?

21 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I am surprised this guy made it out of Thailand. Wife has a couple of friends that have tried to go to Korea, as tourists, but to work massage, they get turned around by Thai immigration. 

How can Thai Immigration prevent any Thai citizen from leaving unless wanted in connection with a crime committee at home? Did you mean Korean Immigration?

impulse

• I could be wrong. It happens... As your id suggests- you are wrong. Thai minimum wage is $10+ a day and it makes no difference which way the immigrant is heading its all about standard of living and the fact that whoever and where ever they originate from they always take a job of a local. Your opinion regarding do not agree with Affluent immigrants looking to settle and work in less affluent countries holds no basis as each individual might need to work to support themselves and their extend families without any Government assistance. Wanting to work and provide for your family is a basic human right and must be condoned as there are plenty of lazy bas@@@@ that don't

Just now, baboon said:

How can Thai Immigration prevent any Thai citizen from leaving unless wanted in connection with a crime committee at home? Did you mean Korean Immigration?

Thai immigration do it all the time, I think as an agreement with Korean immigration, if you are a certain demographic, they apply all the same checks, return ticket, funds, even open your luggage.. Friends of my wife got turned around for no funds, no return ticket, having a bag of massage gear, so obviously not a tourist.

I think any immigration has some powers to deny leaving if they suspect illegal activity. Other countries immigration stop people leaving the country to go and fight in some jihad somewhere.

The guy was refused entry presumably because they considered he was planning to work illegally. Bad luck for his plans, but it happens frequently all over the world.

However, his arrest was not about illegal work, but for crimes committed on an airliner. Stupidity and personal loss of face are never an excuse for this behavior, and shaving of head and spending time in a temple will not cut it as punishment in another country.

Even though the plane was not yet airborne it costs the airline, and others, an enormous amount of money to return to the terminal.  If he gets to fly home anytime soon (on another airline) and doesn't get hit with costs he should thank his lucky amulet.  

11 hours ago, The manic said:

The UK immigration process is much worse for Thais. But may I ask: how many times have you had a problem with Thai immigration officials?

Don't try and bring logic into a good bit of Thai bashing - you'll get nowhere.

I've been here 23 years and never once had a problem.  I have to renew / extend every one or two years - big deal.  And that's also the case in most countries right?

The 90 day report is a bit of an annoyance, yes, but hardly the end of the world.  I've never even done it myself - you can get someone else to do it for you if you want.

We are really not treated that badly here are we.  Most people can turn up without a visa - can't say that for many places.

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Thai immigration do it all the time, I think as an agreement with Korean immigration, if you are a certain demographic, they apply all the same checks, return ticket, funds, even open your luggage.. Friends of my wife got turned around for no funds, no return ticket, having a bag of massage gear, so obviously not a tourist.

I think any immigration has some powers to deny leaving if they suspect illegal activity. Other countries immigration stop people leaving the country to go and fight in some jihad somewhere.

Not arguing with you, I just didn't think they had that kind of authority.

1 hour ago, baboon said:
2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Preventing someone from leaving a country would usually be a police matter.

Unless there is a serious prosecution pending, most Immigration breaches would normally be satisfied with the departure (and possibly banning) of the transgressor.

(I don't regard Thai Immigration Officers as real police)

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Probably the airline refused uplift on the basis they weren't properly documented for their intended purpose of visit in the destination country.

Under international conventions the airline has to return them to point of origin if entry is refused. Many of these sort of passengers don't have return tickets or money to buy one. 

On 9/19/2018 at 10:29 AM, Peterw42 said:

I am surprised this guy made it out of Thailand. Wife has a couple of friends that have tried to go to Korea, as tourists, but to work massage, they get turned around by Thai immigration. 

Thai immigration officer has been pressure by the Koreans, I also heard the same from other folks. Thai immigration is trying to be proactive at stopping workers from going to korea in Thailand.

2 hours ago, baboon said:

I know of a young lady who going to go there to massage and  was interviewed by IO. Despite hours of practice questions they eventually caught her out on a technicality a d she got turned away. It’s becomming more common. 

Wife’s friend who is a “Tom” female portrays as man. Went to work in S.Korea on a tourist visa working on a farm. They gave her work to do

which is typically for male lifting heavy loads and such. 

She told the boss “I’m not a man I’m a woman can’t do this work” The 

boss said you look and dress like a man go back to work.

She called her mama crying every night and came back well within the 30 days tourist visa allowed. 

I’m like well you want to be a man.........why complain. 

One of the “Tom” female friend went to work but at massage. She overstayed tourist visa 1 years + and can’t figure how to get out. 

On 9/19/2018 at 10:29 AM, Peterw42 said:

Perhaps he was going there to work as a masseur himself?

15 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

He wasnt mistreated the Korean IO did his job properly

Fair enough, it might not have been clear what I meant to suffer at the hands of immigration. The thought of what I wrote was more like getting cracked down on from the law seeing how Thailand immigration is always going out of their way to find ways to fine and trouble foreigners here. 

Archived