Thai man goes berserk on plane after being denied entry to South Korea

webfact

Know what you mean but the average Thai has no idea Farang need visas or work permits in Thailand.

The Korean IO should have told him the id photos he brought need to have a light blue background instead of white. You make them here for ₩17,500 ! After that tell him go to another area where there are 7 Korean IO officers working, no line, but it takes 25 minutes to get a bit of paper stapled to his passport.

Finally let him stew another 15 minutes with the job done passport in full view stacked on a nearby file cabinet while the Korean Officers are laughing at each other and occasionally checking their mobiles.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Preventing someone from leaving a country would usually be a police matter.

Unless there is a serious prosecution pending, most Immigration breaches would normally be satisfied with the departure (and possibly banning) of the transgressor.

(I don't regard Thai Immigration Officers as real police)

I think they are, just a different branch/job.

Not sure if I can word this properly but I'll try.

Anyone from Thailand to South Korea who has paid money up front to an agent for a job that is illegal will be nervous about everything in the way of dealing with Imm' in Thailand on the way out and with Korean Imm' on the way in.

Any Imm' officer will pick up on that nervousness and for sure will ask questions and expect confident answers. That's their job. Uniforms and perception of uniforms and the percived power behind those uniforms can make most people who worry about those points nervous and they can't handle the situation.

Imm' officers, most of them, can read body and eye signals.

I worked for a while in South Korea and my wife flew out regularly and was only asked once why she was coming to SK, her answer was easy and straight, my husband is working for xxxx company in Busan so I'm coming to stay for a week or two. She never had a problem. Maybe she's too old to look like a massage candidate. ??

Anyway these poor guys pay their cash to an agent and are told, don't worry, it's all ok and 'our guy' will meet you at the airport. HA!!

I feel sorry for them.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:29 AM, Peterw42 said:

I am surprised this guy made it out of Thailand. Wife has a couple of friends that have tried to go to Korea, as tourists, but to work massage, they get turned around by Thai immigration. 

I know a couple of massage girls from Chiang Mai  that told me they worked illegally in S-Korea. They did not arrive by plane but were "hiding" onboard a freight ship . 

On 9/19/2018 at 10:45 AM, impulse said:

I didn't claim that either one was right.  Because of that chaos.  But I have a lot more sympathy for one than for the other.

And to answer rkidlad, I worked for 7 years in BKK and never touched a Thai lady, because I was in it for the paycheck.  But that puts me in the tiny minority. 

I would contend that Thailand wouldn't have even 1/10 the problem with illegal falang workers if sex were off the table...

Maybe you are overthinking the Thai girls thing...

Feel free to touch the Thai ladies, no one will think you earn less or that you are in Thailand illegally for doing so. Furthermore, if the girl is hot enough and has white skin, people will know for sure you are earning good money.

Most of the illegal falang workers are in Thailand because it's easy to get a job, especially in a school, and because the quality of life is still more than decent with a low wage --at least when compared to the West.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/20/2018 at 4:00 PM, Chopperboy said:

Perhaps he was going there to work as a masseur himself?

@ Chopperboy My guess is that due to not being able to work there. And after watching so many Korean videos, he will probably turn to being a Ladyboy. Ha.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:21 AM, ezzra said:

Your argument while it's morally sound but fairly and ethically not right, just imagine the billions of destitute people from craphole countries all wanting to immigrate to high earning countries, and what a chaos it will cause...

As it currently does in Europe. Thanks or making my point.

On 9/21/2018 at 4:10 AM, andux said:

Maybe you are overthinking the Thai girls thing...

Feel free to touch the Thai ladies, no one will think you earn less or that you are in Thailand illegally for doing so. Furthermore, if the girl is hot enough and has white skin, people will know for sure you are earning good money.

Most of the illegal falang workers are in Thailand because it's easy to get a job, especially in a school, and because the quality of life is still more than decent with a low wage --at least when compared to the West.

On low wages the quality o live in Thailand is <deleted>, Bro. Much better o in Spain or Portugal.

• 3 months later...

Why are all these Thais leaving Thailand to work in Korea? They are getting replaced in their own country by Burmese and Cambodians. Funny world this is, thanks to "globalization". If Thais love Thailand so much, why not just work here? In a few years robots will be doing all the work in Korea anyway, then it's going to be bye bye to all the Thai workers anyway.

58 minutes ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

Why are all these Thais leaving Thailand to work in Korea? They are getting replaced in their own country by Burmese and Cambodians. Funny world this is, thanks to "globalization". If Thais love Thailand so much, why not just work here? In a few years robots will be doing all the work in Korea anyway, then it's going to be bye bye to all the Thai workers anyway.

Maybe, maybe, but I am not sure that shagging robots will really catch on!

Japan, well that is a different kettle of sushi - kinky little tinkers they are...

On 9/21/2018 at 2:29 AM, bendejo said:

When the going gets tough, the tough throw a tantrum.

Maybe he thought he was from Scandinavia, after all that's where the original Berserkers came from the Vikings are to blame not the Thai  :sorry: to all the Scandies 

On 9/19/2018 at 10:17 AM, colinneil said:

Also he owes the loan shark serious money he borrowed for his trip.

Are you a friend of his? There is no mention in the OP that he borrowed money from anyone for the flight.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:32 PM, impulse said:

There's a huge difference between someone moving (even illegally) from a country with $8 a day minimum wage, to a country with much better opportunities vs. someone moving from a high GDP country to hunt up a job in a low GDP country that happens to have cheap sex and pretty women on offer.

I'm not saying either one is right.  Just that I understand the former, and really don't sympathize with the latter.

One is the survival and the other is the lure. 

Apparently he didn't go with a return flight booked as he thought he would be working there. so since he was put back on the outbound flight, the airline was probably picking up the return flight tab. Then he goes and throws a tantrum, getting himself thrown off the flight and into jail. Most likely going to have to pay for the return flight out of pocket now. Guess this is a real Royal Thai screw up.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:48 PM, baansgr said:

everyone seems a better life but the difference between money rich foreigners living in Thailand to the uneducated, issan  farm people many with criminal records seeking illegal employment in Korea is two different  cases. 

Have you never heard of foreign gangsters using Thailand as a place to hide and launder their money?

How do you come to the conclusion that many "Isaan farm people with criminal records" are seeking illegal employment in Korea?

Please elaborate. 

45 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Have you never heard of foreign gangsters using Thailand as a place to hide and launder their money?

How do you come to the conclusion that many "Isaan farm people with criminal records" are seeking illegal employment in Korea?

Please elaborate. 

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-embassy-clarifies-thais-rejected-entries-south-korea/

Thailand says so.

On 9/18/2018 at 8:21 PM, ezzra said:

Your argument while it's morally sound but fairly and ethically not right, just imagine the billions of destitute people from craphole countries all wanting to immigrate to high earning countries, and what a chaos it will cause...

Your arguement is well founded and an actual fact of life most often.....

But also I have a big compassion for those 'destitute' who are looking for a 'way-up' out of poverty..... be it 'Wet-backs' or 'Robinhoods', they work better for a way-up than many of 'OUR OWN POOR' on the Dole (Welfare).......

In the USA I wish we could trade a lot of our lazy freeloaders for more Wet-backs and Robinhoods...........

3 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Your arguement is well founded and an actual fact of life most often.....

But also I have a big compassion for those 'destitute' who are looking for a 'way-up' out of poverty..... be it 'Wet-backs' or 'Robinhoods', they work better for a way-up than many of 'OUR OWN POOR' on the Dole (Welfare).......

In the USA I wish we could trade a lot of our lazy freeloaders for more Wet-backs and Robinhoods...........

or OTHER PEOPLE'S POOR on our dole, or OTHER PEOPLE'S  lazy freeloaders and.benefit fraudsters.

Bit of balance required here sawadeeken.

On 5/20/2019 at 12:40 PM, Tomtomtom69 said:

The Thais hope to earn more money in Korea than they would in Thailand. Ditto why the Burmese and Cambodians go to work in Thailand.

I knew a person that went to S. Korea for work on tourist visa but came back before visa expire because work was too difficult on farms. Actually she is a Tom and they made her do mens work. 

There’s a lot of risk and I’m told not a lot of money for it. 

- Go on tourist visa overstay for a lengthy time.. 

- Some turn to prostitution and overstay 

- I’ve heard some elmployers take passports 

The small amount of money is not worth the risk as I see it. If you messing with immigration and skirting the law it could very easily 

turn in to an unhappy ending 

On 9/19/2018 at 9:11 AM, webfact said:

Thousands of Thais are working illegally in the prosperous nation and the Korean authorities have asked their Thai counterparts to try to stop the flood of people arriving on tourist visas then going to work. 

Ironic.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived