What price a life? Man faces just one month jail after his vicious dogs kill four year old riding her bike

webfact

What price a life? Man faces just one month jail after his vicious dogs kill four year old riding her bike

9PM.jpg

A four year old girl out playing innocently on her bicycle was savagely mauled to death by three dogs that got out of a neighbor's yard. 

Yet the dog owner could face little more than a small fine or a short jail term.

When Ban Khawao, Chaiyaphum, police arrived in the soi behind some houses they found a lot of blood on the walkway and in the grass.

Little Thanyaluk Salitakun's pink bicycle was on its side. The four year old died on the way to hospital from her injuries and massive blood loss. 

Next door neighbor Noppapon Kunthanawat, 57, said he was watching TV in his house about 5pm on Tuesday when he heard the girl's screams. 

He rushed out and saw the dogs savaging the girls neck and head. He managed to beat the dogs off and they ran into nearby houses. 

By this time Thanyaluk was bleeding profusely and lying still in the grass. She was rushed to hospital but it was too late.

Noppapon said that the dogs responsible for the attack were kept in pens in a neighbor's house. They were a pregnant Thai dog breed, a male Thai dog breed and a poodle. 

They were aged about 2-3 years each. 

The girl's grandmother said that she was looking after her two grandchildren and was preparing food at the time. Their mum, a teacher, had not come back from work yet. 

Thanyaluk had gone out to play on her bike in the soi as she always did. 

She said that the owner of the dogs was a good neighbor but he had yet to take responsibility for what happened. She wanted the incident to be a warning to dog owners to always keep their pets inside the house. 

The dog's owner - 27 year old Piyanat Daengsoi - has initially been charged with an offence related to allowing fierce animals out in the street where they could do harm.

For this he would face a maximum of one month in jail or a 10,000 baht fine. 

If negligence could be proven he could be in more serious trouble, said Pol Lt-Col Thongsuk Ratseewor. 

The owner and the little girl's relatives will be re-interviewed following her cremation. 

No mention was made in the Thai Rath article about the fate of the dogs. 

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-19

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any dog that bites should be put down. Deciding on the fate of these beasts should be a no brainer. But TIT. Alls dog roaming the soi should be captured and owners heavily fined when they pick them up. Unclaimed animal put to sleep if unclaimed for a week. 

That leaves the ferals that must be removed systematically.

2 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Any dog that bites should be put down. Deciding on the fate of these beasts should be a no brainer. But TIT. Alls dog roaming the soi should be captured and owners heavily fined when they pick them up. Unclaimed animal put to sleep if unclaimed for a week. 

That leaves the ferals that must be removed systematically.

Agree entirely and I am a dog owner.

No mention was made in the Thai Rath article about the fate of the dogs. 

Bet they don't put them down. There should be stiffer penalties for dog owners who are not responsible and some types of dog need banning. Many people here just have these dogs and basically lock them up as prisoners in a small area and the dogs go mad being confined. Reminds me of a house up the road from me, 2 pitbulls that look like they were bought off Satan, left to run around the small garden and bark viciously at anything that goes past. If they got loose then the adults aren't safe, let alone the kids riding their bikes around all the time. I see little need to have such things with such a bad disposition...although, the wife reckons they have them as there is money in the house and are up to something illegal (cheap security), which wouldn't surprise me at all. 

I feel so sorry for that poor little girl, what a horrible way to go and at such a young age.

Life's just not fair sometimes, and her parents and family have to live with this forever while the dog owner gets a pathetic fine that most people could blow on a good night out. Or a short stay in the Bangkok Hilton, neither is very terrifying

Life's definatley not fair

38 minutes ago, sup3r1or said:

Thing is every single moron has a dog here. Worst part they never train them, never teach them what is right or wrong. I was bitten once by a dog that came out from someone's house. My daughter was cycling next to me at that time. I told him if it bites my kid I will break it's neck.  Later they came to apologize and offered to pay for the vaccine. However, 2 months in and their gate is still open while dog roams free around the streets. 

Use your car and blame it on "brake failure".

10 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Kill all soi dogs....kill dogs that attack humans and heavily fine owners that allow their dogs to roam unattended........

It's 2018.....people should not be attacked and savaged by dogs!

Agree totally.  What is most disturbing is the penchant that so many young people have today for the savage breeds e.g. the American Pit Bull.  

If I had my way the entire breed would be sent into extinction.

Family gets funeral help after daughter killed by neighbour’s three dogs

By Sutthipong Settharangsi 
The Nation

The family of a four-year-old girl has been provided with initial funeral assistance by local authorities after a neighbour’s three dogs mauled her to death in Chaiyaphum's Ban Khwao district on Tuesday evening.

Meanwhile, dog owner Piyanat Daengsoi, 27, on Wednesday went to hear the charge at his local police precinct. Piyanat acknowledged the initial charge of failing to control dangerous pets, resulting in them getting loose and harming another person.

He then told reporters that he was shocked to learn of the attack and would take responsibility and help the family.

“The four-year-old often rode her bicycle past my house, but this time my dogs got loose and attacked her. I am ready and willing to take responsibility to help them in everything,” he said.

“I heard that the girl’s mother was in grief so I will wait until after the funeral is done; then we will talk.”

Ban Khwao district chief Theerasak Chomsiri and Chaiyaphum Livestock Development Office head Srisamai on Wednesday presented initial funeral assistance to Thanyalak’s family members.

They pledged to find measures to prevent the recurrence of dog attacks on children within the community and to ensure dog owners better control their animals.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354784

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-19

42 minutes ago, car720 said:

Agree totally.  What is most disturbing is the penchant that so many young people have today for the savage breeds e.g. the American Pit Bull.  

If I had my way the entire breed would be sent into extinction.

A breed that was not involved in this attack.  You don't think that the entire poodle and Thai breeds that were involved should be sent into extinction also?

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

4000 years for stealing money....7-10 for murdering wife and child...one month for allowing your dog to kill a kid........is Thailand' justice system working to global standards?

…. and to not forget 100k/thb for smoking on the beach, 5 years in jail for using el cigarette, 500thb for not wearing a helmet comparing to 500thb for threathening People in Public with a sword - Wearing a helmet during the sword swing the fine may then be annulated...:whistling: 

Having a 4-year old son myself I cannot express how sad and at the same time how angry this story makes me. Feel so sorry for the poor little angel. I never let my son play outside alone because of this very reason: irresponsible dog owners who let their <deleted>, stupid dogs run free. No control, no education: and this applies to both, dog owner and dog. We've had idiots like this in our Mooban before, idiots with pitbulls and other very aggressive breed. Wanted to waste them all. Sometimes I am so fed up with this country.  

3 hours ago, IgboChief said:

If this was my girl, he would have begged the judge for a life-time sentence w/o the risk of a probation.

If they're neighbors, it'll get worked out to everyone's satisfaction. Money won't save the girl, nor killing the dogs. They'll work it out.

3 hours ago, thequietman said:

Pull yer neck in Rambo., but

Your neck is stuck out of proportion.

dogs are a big problem, they bite  and spread rabies, the hospitals have on-going people queuing up for soi dig bite rabies injections.

The mangy unkempt dogs scratch and whine in misery, sleep in the path of cars, cause nuisance to pedestrians , spread disease, they are not looked after , they are worshiped as returned soles.

This is a tragic death of innocence, what more will it take to reform this? Ans: about as much chance as Donald Trump  finding a Russian spy.

Very sad, heart goes out to the ones that suffer from this on-going madness.

Archived