What price a life? Man faces just one month jail after his vicious dogs kill four year old riding her bike

webfact

3 hours ago, car720 said:

Why?  I would do the same.

This is only one instance of an uncaring, self entitled world that is rapidly going down the moral toilet.

3 hours ago, car720 said:

Why?  I would do the same.

This is only one instance of an uncaring, self entitled world that is rapidly going down the moral toilet.

4 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Kill all soi dogs....kill dogs that attack humans and heavily fine owners that allow their dogs to roam unattended........

It's 2018.....people should not be attacked and savaged by dogs!

Yes definitely if you have a dog then keep it locked up not to roam around to cause death ? ??????

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bkkrooftop said:

haha, I think this is the correct answer.  I actually have just been thinking of walking around with a big stick. 

Yes, I always pick up a wooden stick when I take a walk especially after sunset and it seems to work as they problably reqognize the shape and fully recap the pain when someone start swinging it towards them...:giggle:

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Some laws in Thailand are incredibly ......  you cannot say what you

really mean as could get done under the computer crimes act,AND

it would be more than a month in jail,

regards worgeordie

BullShizer Geordie lad say what ya feel ????????????

3 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Yes, I always pick up a wooden stick when I take a walk especially after sunset and it seems to work as they problably reqognize the shape and fully recap the pain when someone start swinging it towards them...:giggle:

Yup best way for em 

1 hour ago, snowgard said:

Surprisingly nobody says anything against the mother. How can she let drive her 4-year-old child alone on the street without standing by and taking care of the child. Now the child was bitten dead by dogs, but it could also have been killed by an idiot motorist.

Go back and look at the picture.  That is not a road and is even referred to as a 'walkway'.

(Pull yer neck in Rambo.) 

Nope, you are responsible if you own a vicious dog (s). In this case of killing a little girl, dogs should be put down immediately.

Owner should be subject to a 100,000 Baht fine or jail term of 1 year.

Parents should be reimbursed for all medical/funeral costs. 

Soi dogs should be gathered up, held for 30 days and terminated. They are exposed to catch rabies and are a danger to children and neighbors. 

No country has as many loose soi dogs as Thailand. 

VietNam has the answer.....

36 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

As long as you qualify that as Serious bite.  I agree in this instance all those dogs were guilty and should be destroyed.  Sometime my dogs challenge a visitor who being typical Thais with no dog-sense just walk past and the dog might show its disapproval with a nip.  There has yet never been a drop of blood spilt.  Not even a white scuff on the skin.  But the next time they know to stop and wait til the dogs finish sniffing and walk away.   Dogs all over the world have a job to do and that is to challenge and announce visitors, but not to bite them.

A person with half a brain would not allow their dog/dogs to come into direct contact with anybody unless the dog/dogs were properly supervised

Dogs and strangers often don't mix well on the dogs home turf

Try closing and locking your gate if you have one my man

14 minutes ago, HHTel said:

Go back and look at the picture.  That is not a road and is even referred to as a 'walkway'.

Walkway?

Read - Police arrived in the "soi" behind some houses

READ - Thanyaluk had gone out to play on her bike in the "soi" as she always did. 

Soi (Thai: ซอย  [sɔ̄ːj]) is the term used in Thailand for a side-street branching off a major street (thanon, Thai: ถนน).[

With other Words, its a street leading to the houses from the main street where it is trafick mainly to and from the houses so a quiet street, but still a street where she easily could have ended up in the main street while her grandmother where inside the house busy making food....

Immediate 7 year stretch for the owners mandatory. There is absolutely no need for anyone to own dogs other than Police, Customs and Guide dogs.

You want to own for another reason expect the full weight of the law on your neck when it goes pear shaped. Vicious curs simple as

34 minutes ago, Lampang2 said:

Same at my place.

Cat women, dog women etc.

In most countries the government pays a visit to the mentally insane and relieve them from the pets on legal grounds.

In thailand nobody cares about insanity.

Skickat från min SM-N950F via Tapatalk

My dear old cat lady. Bless her.

Up at six am every day. 

Makes the cats breakfast and talks away to them..

I keep thinking she has visitors. 

It will happen to all of us sooner than we think. 

5 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Any dog that bites should be put down. Deciding on the fate of these beasts should be a no brainer. But TIT. Alls dog roaming the soi should be captured and owners heavily fined when they pick them up. Unclaimed animal put to sleep if unclaimed for a week. 

That leaves the ferals that must be removed systematically.

If the govt want to give me a permit and a shotgun and I'll be happy to take care of every dog I see 

24 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

A person with half a brain would not allow their dog/dogs to come into direct contact with anybody unless the dog/dogs were properly supervised

Dogs and strangers often don't mix well on the dogs home turf

Try closing and locking your gate if you have one my man

I have 6 gates and half a km of 8 foot high barbed wire fences.   To a large extent the behaviour of dogs reflects on the attitude of the owner.  People who own multiple Pit Bulls usually do it because their deficient self image requires them to have dogs capable of killing people or at least any other dog in the 'hood.  This is deliberate.  The dogs are bought for,  and encouraged for, that attitude.    My 6 dogs behave very well.  If I go somewhere on the property to do something usually one or two will go with me and lie down nearby to watch over me.  After a while, one or both will drift off if it is boring.  I hesitate to say guard me but I suspect the only thing that could make my dogs bite someone seriously would be someone attacking me or one of the other immediate residents.  2  or 3 will always follow my wife or female staff around the property while others will stay home to watch for  visitors/intruders.  They will stay with her and NOT leave her unattended, as they do with me!!!!!  If several of them decide to go for a 20 minute ramble around the uninhabited locale, at dusk, 1 or 2 will stay home.  The next night a different mix will "ramble" or stay guard.    They have it all perfectly worked out.  They know their job.  Announce,  confront and sniff test.  Just don't try to walk on in past them if the sniffing process is not complete.     Try creeping around at night inside the wire and I suggest you will have very sore ears and maybe a concerted nip on the leg COULD result.  That is a nip possibly marking skin but no tooth holes.   Every local friend or family members car, truck or motor bike is known and ignored as it turns into our private road.  Every unknown car truck or bike is announced 100 metres and two corners away.  They hear it slowing to turn in.

I feel that this behaviour which has been common to every dog I have ever owned reflects on dogs' general intelligence and their accurate understanding of the owners' expectations.  Ours will bark, loudly and in concert and confront you.  They might nip to remind you if you (like many/most Thais who have very bad "dog manners"  If they nip they will think that it is your fault.  And so will I!   No dog I have ever owned (and I am 70 now) has ever bitten anyone yet.  "Bitten" as in blood and tooth holes.

P.S  Our dogs all consider themselves to be Hi/So Thai soi dogs.  At first meeting, they are absolutely suspicious of people who are badly dressed, smelly, have very dark skin or look "very low class."  But they will accept you happily, if we do!  

The dogs need to be put down and the owner is to be booked for voluntary manslaughter.

It's time this country gets its dog problem on the entire front solved - once and for good! Some pussies run around with doggies in little baskets and put all sort of hair ornament onto the doggie heads; others breed killing machines they cannot control at the end, yet others throw their dog out once it reaches a certain size and latter results in entering the society of 28 million stray street dogs. 

They cannot even get the dog issue under control and now talk about elections and democracy........... 

6 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

4000 years for stealing money....7-10 for murdering wife and child...one month for allowing your dog to kill a kid........is Thailand' justice system working to global standards?

And 10 years for an e-cig.

6 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

4000 years for stealing money....7-10 for murdering wife and child...one month for allowing your dog to kill a kid........is Thailand' justice system working to global standards?

3 months for doing wheelies...

I have to reflect on what would have happened in my own country before passing comment on Thai law.

Tougher penalties have come into force for dog owners in England and Wales who allow their pets to attack people.

The maximum prison sentence for allowing a dog to carry out a fatal attack on a person has increased to 14 years from two years previously. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27378427

IMHO in sentencing one should consider many facts...

• Were the dogs known to be dangerous?
  • Had the owner(s) been warned? 
  • Were they of a bread known to be dangerous?
  • Were they trained to be  vicious?
  • What had been done to make the dogs secure?

3 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Along with the owner!! 

Yes the dogs killed the  child, unfortunately, but the owner is at fault. The dogs should be put down but a heavier punishment must be given to the owner. No different to using a weapon to take someones life! Disgusting "justice" system. :post-4641-1156693976:

Ok. ship the owner to china to be table scraps. 

I've got 2 doberman type dogs. I never had dogs in the UK because I couldnt spend time with them due to work commitments.Over here, I live opposite a school. The dogs(bitches actually) are extremely friendly to children. If either were out of control & attacked a child it would be gone. I look after my dogs. I exercise them every morning. Living here in NE Thailand it is a must that you have at least one dog. They can detect snakes, scorpions & nasty centipedes long before I can.

My dogs are never restrained, locked up or chained up. I don't believe in it. They are free to roam wherever & whenever they want. Maybe I'm going to get some shit about my attitude...but <deleted>

1 hour ago, The Deerhunter said:

I have 6 gates and half a km of 8 foot high barbed wire fences.   To a large extent the behaviour of dogs reflects on the attitude of the owner.  People who own multiple Pit Bulls usually do it because their deficient self image requires them to have dogs capable of killing people or at least any other dog in the 'hood.  This is deliberate.  The dogs are bought for,  and encouraged for, that attitude.    My 6 dogs behave very well.  If I go somewhere on the property to do something usually one or two will go with me and lie down nearby to watch over me.  After a while, one or both will drift off if it is boring.  I hesitate to say guard me but I suspect the only thing that could make my dogs bite someone seriously would be someone attacking me or one of the other immediate residents.  2  or 3 will always follow my wife or female staff around the property while others will stay home to watch for  visitors/intruders.  They will stay with her and NOT leave her unattended, as they do with me!!!!!  If several of them decide to go for a 20 minute ramble around the uninhabited locale, at dusk, 1 or 2 will stay home.  The next night a different mix will "ramble" or stay guard.    They have it all perfectly worked out.  They know their job.  Announce,  confront and sniff test.  Just don't try to walk on in past them if the sniffing process is not complete.     Try creeping around at night inside the wire and I suggest you will have very sore ears and maybe a concerted nip on the leg COULD result.  That is a nip possibly marking skin but no tooth holes.   Every local friend or family members car, truck or motor bike is known and ignored as it turns into our private road.  Every unknown car truck or bike is announced 100 metres and two corners away.  They hear it slowing to turn in.

I feel that this behaviour which has been common to every dog I have ever owned reflects on dogs' general intelligence and their accurate understanding of the owners' expectations.  Ours will bark, loudly and in concert and confront you.  They might nip to remind you if you (like many/most Thais who have very bad "dog manners"  If they nip they will think that it is your fault.  And so will I!   No dog I have ever owned (and I am 70 now) has ever bitten anyone yet.  "Bitten" as in blood and tooth holes.

P.S  Our dogs all consider themselves to be Hi/So Thai soi dogs.  At first meeting, they are absolutely suspicious of people who are badly dressed, smelly, have very dark skin or look "very low class."  But they will accept you happily, if we do!  

You are one sad person

7 hours ago, thequietman said:

Pull yer neck in Rambo.

Sad you got all those likes. Most people would be prepared to die to save their child. To stand firm and take revenge like Rambo, would certainly seem apt to me and to most others in such a situation. Dispatch some punishment and retribution, if you don't, live with the shame that you didn't.........for the rest of your life.

1 hour ago, james.d said:

I totally agree, however this would mean responsibility.. sadly this will never happen even if the licenses were free of charge. There would be uproar on social media..

Possibly right. 

They cannot see the values in demonstrating proficiency and getting drivers licenses. 

So a permit for a dog is way down the list of priorities. 

Archived