Football fans in Thailand unable to watch Champions League and Europa League games

snoop1130

• 2 weeks later...

Why blame True? They lost the CL to Bein but Bein used True as a distributor for their product. It’s hardly their fault that Bein lost out to Dazn.
The CL rights are virtually worthless in Thailand as the time difference means the games are always in the middle of the night and have few viewers.
Goal.com which is being used as a distributor for the Dazn rights had a lot of streaming issues for the first two days matches.
A lot was to do with Flash being blocked by some Internet browsers.
They haven’t even listed this weeks games in their website yet and may not even show them if they can’t guarantee a stream.
Facebook will do better with the EPL but interested to see how they will monetize their asset. I can’t see them giving it away for free, so expect some games to be shown as a subscription.

3 hours ago, larry70dj said:

Facebook will do better with the EPL but interested to see how they will monetize their asset. I can’t see them giving it away for free, so expect some games to be shown as a subscription.

I've been wondering about that. As far as I know, they don't charge anyone for anything anywhere at the moment, although there has been talk of an ad-free version. But the money they've paid, 200 million sterling I think, isn't even loose change to a company worth billions. I'm guessing they are using the Thailand/Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam deal as a test for making a larger bid for other territories later.

Meanwhile, I believe that Amazon has the rights to one week of the EPL matches in December, plus some of the Christmas/New Year period, and I wonder how that will impact seeing matches in Thailand. Not long to wait to find out.

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've been wondering about that. As far as I know, they don't charge anyone for anything anywhere at the moment, although there has been talk of an ad-free version. But the money they've paid, 200 million sterling I think, isn't even loose change to a company worth billions. I'm guessing they are using the Thailand/Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam deal as a test for making a larger bid for other territories later.

Meanwhile, I believe that Amazon has the rights to one week of the EPL matches in December, plus some of the Christmas/New Year period, and I wonder how that will impact seeing matches in Thailand. Not long to wait to find out.

It's interesting, I would have thought Facebook will go with a non subscription model which maximises their audience and allows them to recoup the most from advertising. If you think about it, not everyone has a TV, or a laptop, but the number of people that have access to Facebook in some form is massive = huge advertising potential.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:24 PM, nahkit said:

I'd add quality as a reason too.

I watched the Liverpool game on BT Sport2 HD via the internet, the picture was nothing like HD quality.

I'd add price to that as well. I have a basic TrueVisions package that came free with my True Fibre Optic internet subscription. It only includes one of the beIN Sports channels but for an extra 199 Baht a month you can get all of them.

As others have said, the quality (full HD) and reliability (no buffering, no loss of quality, no worry about availability) are great. It also came with a box with time-shift and programmable recording features - you have to provide your own USB storage device to take advantage of this but that's no biggie.

I was a bit annoyed to lose the UEFA games but my main interests are the Premier League and Spanish La Liga so for a cost of 199 Baht a month I don't think there's a better deal around.

That is in the UK only. Makes no difference to viewing over here.

I'd add price to that as well. I have a basic TrueVisions package that came free with my True Fibre Optic internet subscription. It only includes one of the beIN Sports channels but for an extra 199 Baht a month you can get all of them.

As others have said, the quality (full HD) and reliability (no buffering, no loss of quality, no worry about availability) are great. It also came with a box with time-shift and programmable recording features - you have to provide your own USB storage device to take advantage of this but that's no biggie.

I was a bit annoyed to lose the UEFA games but my main interests are the Premier League and Spanish La Liga so for a cost of 199 Baht a month I don't think there's a better deal around.

If it’s Premier League and La Liga should have bought a Chromecast and just subscribed to Bein Sports Connect which has both, perfect legal streams.

On 10/1/2018 at 6:38 PM, larry70dj said:

If it’s Premier League and La Liga should have bought a Chromecast and just subscribed to Bein Sports Connect which has both, perfect legal streams.

I have a Chromecast and used to have beIN Sports Connect. It's the same price, but doesn't give you time-shift (where you can pause or rewind live TV) or programmable recording. Having used both, I would say beIN Sports Connect doesn't give the same value for money as the True Visions subscription.

On 10/1/2018 at 8:33 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

As others have said, the quality (full HD) and reliability (no buffering, no loss of quality, no worry about availability) are great.

BeIN Connect only streams at 720p.  I suggested to them last season and again this season that they should have a 1080p stream.  So many people have big TVs now and 720p doesn't look great over 40".

I navigated my Firefox to the two English Champions Leage games on goal.com yesterday and left them with the countdown displaying hoping to wakeup to watch the games this morning but when I clicked play just now I got the following message,  I don't know if this is just because the live stream has ended.

Yesterday it was impossible to find the streams of the previous night's games without seeing the scores so I watched on footballorigin.

Last season I was impressed by BeinConnect just because there was a reasonbly priced legal way to watch football, now CL is gone and the quality hasn't improved I'm still happy but a little less so.

goal.com_ucl_stream_problems.png.6bb6dd1a5a6bfa2f521767fb811dfb10.png

Someone I know was able to watch the match using an IPTV box that someone set up for after he posted that he had had enough of HDPrime and their constant excuses for poor service. He not only set up the box (2500 baht) but then added a Kodi app which allows football catch-ups. The PL catch-up doesn't work at present but CL does. He uses the Kodi as back-up when, for example, the BT Sport catch-up developed problems at the end of the first half. The service costs 1500 for three months and in the five weeks he's had it it's brilliant. All the UK channels you can shake a stick at plus many back-ups and hundreds of other tv channels and movies. He's happy.

https://www.footballorgin.com/category/full-match-replay/ was recommended but it seems if you don't quickly watch the rerun it's blocked so i haven't had great success with this website.

I've just watched in good quality the Hoff vs City game on this website using Chrome.
https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2018/10/02/hoffenheim-vs-manchester-city-highlights-full-match/#3

I watched Spurs this morning and Liverpool this afternoon on footballorigin, looks OK on my 22" desktop monitor.

Now I'm watching Arsenal live on goal.com on my 23" dekstop monitor and it looks OK, 5 minutes in, no buffering.

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

https://www.footballorgin.com/category/full-match-replay/ was recommended but it seems if you don't quickly watch the rerun it's blocked so i haven't had great success with this website.

I've just watched in good quality the Hoff vs City game on this website using Chrome.
https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2018/10/02/hoffenheim-vs-manchester-city-highlights-full-match/#3

I hadn't heard of either of these sites. Football Origin looked fine when I briefly checked the Chelsea Europa League match. I also tried PL Debate on Full Matches and, ignoring numerous diversions to dating and game websites, the quality was brilliant.

I watched the whole Arsenal game on goal.com without buffering, at one point I had the Milan game on as well on my 2nd monitor, both streaming perfectly.  I still not sure what it would look like on my TV.

goal.com_2_streams.jpg.f183f43a8804b70f9845922d87b76679.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 9/19/2018 at 11:01 PM, mrbojangles said:

Got all the matches on BEin here in Saudi both tonight and last night, so it mustn't be BEin who lost the rights. Could be TV companies who BEin sold the rights onto 

Mr B, I have just tried to subscribe to BEin sports here in Thailand, I have tried various countries on my VPN but it also asks for permission to view my location on my tablet. I have to agree to this or it will go no further, I am guessing it knows where I am and says "not available in your country"

Is there a way to navigate around this?

Archived