Phytosanitary Certificate - Buriram

croftrobin

I would like to send a bulb of a plant abroad.

The country I am sending too requires a Phytosanitary Certificate.

Anyone know where I can obtain one in the Buriram area?

Thanks

Just a guess, but maybe try the nearest College for Agriculture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I exported a container load of furniture from Chiang Mai to Canada. My exporter/shipping company was very familiar with phytocertification and arranged it.

I trust you have checked with the country you are shipping to in order to see that you are allowed to ship an organic item into that country. When researching phytocertification for my shipment, I came across some rather interesting regulations.

Check with a local exporter in your area. But also check the regulations of the country that you will be sending it to.

My company exports tropical grass seeds world-wide. The phytosanitary certificate is only issued by the Plant Protection Organisation of Thailand,  Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Bangkok. It is signed by the Export Plant Quarantine Service. In most cases the seeds have to be fumigated. This fumigation is printed on the phytosanitary certificate.  If the country of import issues an Import Permit for your bulb, then read the requirements. Your bulb may also have to be fumigated. There may also be other requirements to do lab tests for freedom of certain diseases and pests. These tests are also done by the Plant Protection Organisation of Thailand at their lab on the Kasetsart University campus in Bangkok.

My shipping company handles all the documentation for our company. 

21 hours ago, Michael Hare said:

My company exports tropical grass seeds world-wide. The phytosanitary certificate is only issued by the Plant Protection Organisation of Thailand,  Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Bangkok. It is signed by the Export Plant Quarantine Service. In most cases the seeds have to be fumigated. This fumigation is printed on the phytosanitary certificate.  If the country of import issues an Import Permit for your bulb, then read the requirements. Your bulb may also have to be fumigated. There may also be other requirements to do lab tests for freedom of certain diseases and pests. These tests are also done by the Plant Protection Organisation of Thailand at their lab on the Kasetsart University campus in Bangkok.

My shipping company handles all the documentation for our company. 

Would such certification be acceptable to the Australian Authorities? Thank you.

3 hours ago, The manic said:

Would such certification be acceptable to the Australian Authorities? Thank you.

The Thailand Government Phytosanitary certificate is accepted world-wide and will be accepted by Australian Authorities. But that does not mean your product or products can enter Australia. Many products from Thailand are prohibited from entering Australia. None of my forage seeds can enter Australia. Australia can sell forage seeds to Thailand but can not import Thai produced forage seeds. 

Best to check if your product can enter Australia.

14 hours ago, The manic said:

You dont need any certification for Australia for sending seeds.

As long as they are not on the prohibited list.

Just sent correctly with the required paperwork.

Have much experience of doing this.

Archived