Young Thai woman makes shock discovery after deciding to finish with French husband

webfact

Young Thai woman makes shock discovery after deciding to finish with French husband

2PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A young Thai woman and her French husband had lived together for the last two years near Pattaya.

But there had been lots of arguments between the pair recently and on Tuesday night they decided to split up. 

She slept in the bed and he slept on the sofa by the TV in the hall of the house. 

In the morning he was gone - she imagined he had left as they had agreed the night before. 

She didn't bother calling him - it was over. 

In the afternoon Natthanat Surarat, 23, had some business to attend to and she decided to go out. 

She opened the door and saw her husband hanging from the eaves of the house by a nylon cord. She called the police.

Pol Lt Col Theethat Tarunjan of Nong Prue police attended the scene with Sawang Boriboon rescue services. 

Dead was 45 year old French national Olivier Sylvian Pirai Sam (name transliterated from Thai language).

There were no signs of a struggle or things missing from the house. 

Daily News reported that Natthanat was in tears as she kissed her husband on the forehead in a final farewell as the body was taken away for autopsy. 

Police said it was a clear cut case of suicide brought on by the stress of the break-up of the couple. 

The embassy and relatives have been informed. 

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-20

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not proud to say I have had three failed marriages but not one of them was worth taking my own life over when it ended. You get up dust yourself down and move on to the next one.

The guy must have had some serious issues.

Feel sorry for his family back in France, and it must have been a real shock for his wife finding him like that, that's the stuff of nightmares

RIP Fella

Very sad story, and i find appallingly distasteful to show a picture of the distraught woman.

Is there no respect for privacy anymore ? A little compassion ??

Ending relationships are extremely painful for everyone involved, probably he could not get over it.

RIP

RIP to him but terrible for her, as she will no doubt always live with the the thought she caused him to end his life.  Despite all the cynics on here, there are couples that , for whatever reason, decide to end their relationship, but always want to remain on good caring terms with each other.

5 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

That's a bit insensative considering the thread

Yeah it was a bit.my last 4 wives left me because they all said I was cold and insensitive.before you ask,I don't like wedding cake I like honeymoons and poking the bridesmaids.....no seriously it looks like this guy was suffering from a sensitivity problem.if I broke up with my one and only wife I would be having a party tonight.the thought of killing myself over a ring and marriage paper would be the last thing on my mind.do you think I should seek some sort of help? 

1 hour ago, ThaiPauly said:

I am not proud to say I have had three failed marriages but not one of them was worth taking my own life over when it ended. You get up dust yourself down and move on to the next one.

The guy must have had some serious issues.

Feel sorry for his family back in France, and it must have been a real shock for his wife finding him like that, that's the stuff of nightmares

RIP Fella

Ah and there's your problem....you get up dust yourself down and move on to the next one.next time you break up try keeping your tackle in your pants for a few months.

11 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

sure you can't fit in anymore stereotyping into one post?

anyway agree with a poster above, not sure there was any need to show the girl next to his body like that.

RIP French guy

I agree. Its very difficult not to be cynical or talk in stereotypes. I feel only a little bit sorry for the deceased. He was asking for trouble.

The vast majority of western men marry girls just like this one  in the pic  and all with baggage.

I know Thai men who have loaned out their wives to foreign men for relationships and marriage.

One of them has a wife currently working 'massage'  in Bulgaria -of all places.

Massage    ? LOL....yeah right !

RIP that Man.  How many times have i heard these Thai girls mates telling them..''Oh; if he don't give you enough money just get another one '' ?

Won't be long before he is replaced because 'Love' of money is far more important to them than 'Love' for another Human Being !

It may be a suicide, exactly as presented by the police in the article.    But I certainly hope they do some investigating before they close the case. 

Looking at things like who would gain (and how much) from his demise, whether there was a love triangle, and other pertinent evidence.  Not only is justice at stake, his loved ones back home deserve the whole story.  And there may also be insurance payout implications depending on the manner of his death.

If the guy was my brother, I certainly wouldn't accept an immediate ruling with no investigation.  At least, not without a note in his handwriting.

Edit:  And if it was a suicide, I'd be less inclined to pin the blame solely on the failure of the marriage.  It may be that the marital problems are simply another symptom of clinical depression that drives many people to suicide if not treated properly.  If, in fact, there is any available treatment in some cases.

39 minutes ago, lanista said:

It is interesting that some farangs who admit they've had several (failed)marriages think theyre a good judge of character.

Ive been here years and that girl sends  a chill down my spine.Alot of farangs will see her as a 'good sort' for marriage.. I dont.

If she is so nice why didnt she marry a nice young Thai man instead of a foreigner old enough to be her father???  This couple  would always argue  because they have nothing in common and speak different languages most likely.

What about her Thai husband  back in Nakon Nowhere province. What about her farang BF in Sweden ??

Did the middle-aged farang discover this and hit the whiskey bottle.? Happens everyday in LOS.

How  long will it be before she is over her shock & grief and living with another old farang from the bars of Pattaya.    Maybe 1 month.

Life goes on in LOS. Although not for everyone.

What's more interesting are the farangs that dwell on these stories and then recycle the same, stale relationship scenarios and jaded opinions.

2 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Very sad story, and i find appallingly distasteful to show a picture of the distraught woman.

Ending relationships are extremely painful for everyone involved, probably he could not get over it.

RIP

unfortunately you see the true nature of people in the Thais  where any death is simply a  spectacle to be enjoyed, shared on facebook, repulsed at, they have no dignity and very  little  morals, any they  supposedly do have have not  been installed   by compassion but with fear.

15 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

RIP that Man.  How many times have i heard these Thai girls mates telling them..''Oh; if he don't give you enough money just get another one '' ?

Won't be long before he is replaced because 'Love' of money is far more important to them than 'Love' for another Human Being !

Assuming that you aren't talking about the common-or-garden, white-skinned, Sino-Thai, hi-so, company directors with a Masters from Chula, maybe you don't see yourself as part of the 'problem'.

22 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Pity you only listen to bar girl conversations, otherwise you might actually hear some success stories.

2 minutes ago, kannot said:

unfortunately you see the true nature of people in the Thais  where any death is simply a  spectacle to be enjoyed, shared on facebook, repulsed at, they have no dignity and very  little  morals, any they  supposedly do have have not  been installed   by compassion but with fear.

Well, my point was that the media should have a little more compassion for the victims ( yes, she is a victim too ) of a tragedy.

Instead they publish pictures that "sell" showing no respect for the dignity of the victims and their relatives.

Yes, i also don't like pis of gruesome accidents and suicides, honestly, they are unnecessary.

I don't agree with "the Thais" having "no dignity and very little morals", i like to think that the majority of the people, in every country, are , basically, decent people.

36 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Pity you only listen to bar girl conversations, otherwise you might actually hear some success stories.

Do you hear of many 40-year-old foreigners that managed to have success stories with 20-year-old Thai women in Pattaya?

Sadly, I can't say I thought this ending particularly surprising or unusual for the area.

2 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

RIP

And the body blurred out in the foreground.  Did you notice that?    Yuk!  Thai journalism.  'nuf said.   Very sad.      I had one bad break up and seriously considered suicide.  Glad I didn't.  Poor guy.  You do sometimes feel life is not worth living!!!

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Do you hear of many 40-year-old foreigners that managed to have success stories with 20-year-old Thai women in Pattaya?

Sadly, I can't say I thought this ending particularly surprising or unusual for the area.

Yet, there must be something in it, because you see this happening again and again.

I mean the love stories, not the suicides, of course.

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You only hear about the ones that fail. I know a lot of falangs that have been married to or partnered with Thai women for many years, I have been with my Thai partner for 9 years, and there's a 20 year age gap.

13 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Yet, there must be something in it, because you see this happening again and again.

I mean the love stories, not the suicides, of course.

Who's going to report the successes? Not the papers or TV, doesn't make for good headlines.

11 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Well that certainly showed her! 22 year age difference and perhaps not all her diluted dreams were met. 

22 year age gap is nothing.... especially here.  There are plenty of relationships with age gaps like this that work fine.

It's when it gets to 40 years age gap that it gets silly if the older guy is thinking its a genuine loving family kind of arrangement (like getting married and have kids etc).

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

i like to think that the majority of the people, in every country, are , basically, decent people.

Id  like to share  that but reality of my experience  tells  me differently , Id  say 2-10 are decent.

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Seriously? Have you stopped to consider that the relationship was doomed from the start. She was 23 and with him for 2 years. What 21 year old girl doesn't  develop/evolve/change over time?  It is quite likely that while the older male was ready and willing for marriage, she as a still developing female was not. Some people do  not have the emotional maturity necessary for a stable relationship. And judging from the way this ended, I would not be surprised if the deceased had some emotional issues of his own.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

You only hear about the ones that fail. I know a lot of falangs that have been married to or partnered with Thai women for many years, I have been with my Thai partner for 9 years, and there's a 20 year age gap.

But you probably didn't find her in a bar in Pattaya when she was 20, which is the whole point of this story.

As another poster said he may well have had depression,let me tell you no amount of money,property,or love can stop it i know this well i have black spells than can last for days,this is no fun at all for your wife/gf,many Thai's don't understand it,from the sound of this the poor guy was distraught and killed himself,at least now he is at peace,a truly tragic event.

Just now, marko kok prong said:

As another poster said he may well have had depression,let me tell you no amount of money,property,or love can stop it i know this well i have black spells than can last for days,this is no fun at all for your wife/gf,many Thai's don't understand it,from the sound of this the poor guy was distraught and killed himself,at least now he is at peace,a truly tragic event.

Yes, he could have been depressed or terminally ill for what we know, we should be careful with assumptions.

Archived