Young Thai woman makes shock discovery after deciding to finish with French husband

webfact

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Yeah it was a bit.my last 4 wives left me because they all said I was cold and insensitive.before you ask,I don't like wedding cake I like honeymoons and poking the bridesmaids.....no seriously it looks like this guy was suffering from a sensitivity problem.if I broke up with my one and only wife I would be having a party tonight.the thought of killing myself over a ring and marriage paper would be the last thing on my mind.do you think I should seek some sort of help? 

you don't need help mate.  The rest of the world does.  Send me an invite to the party.  :cheesy:

10 minutes ago, dpspike said:

I'm usually more homicidal during a breakup, rather than suicidal. Not saying that's necessarily better. Just saying.

So, on your own words, how many people have you killed post-breakup? Try again, this time thinking first.

17 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

So, on your own words, how many people have you killed post-breakup? Try again, this time thinking first.

"More" homicidal "than" suicidal. It's a matter of degrees. Not an absolute statement, as emotions are not 1's and 0's. And while you're working on improving your English comprehension, perhaps you could "think" about developing a sense of humor too. It's what many of us use to buffer the craziness in this world, be it in Thailand or elsewhere.

Every time i read such news i wonder why people want to kill themselves over a broken relationship. But moreover why does this happen so much in Thailand and always to the expats ? Is it that in most  cases the relations break after all the money is gone? Its epidemic to Thailand.

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I have an old British friend who, at 73 years old, has had the same Thai wife for 30+ years. She's only around 10 years younger than him.

Having spent time Thailand since 1964, he's convinced that a very large age gap is a quite good predictor of an unsuccessful union. And yes, I realize that there are some such partnerships that have been successful.

RIP to the french guy.

20 odd years ago I met an old fella in Nana Plaza, he was 74, who told me that his daughter wasn't happy about his new girlfriend. His daughter was 38, while the tiny creature sat next to him was 17 ?. If they are still together, is he's still alive, which is very unlikely, she would be 37 to his 94 ?.

As an aside, all these old bods in I used to see in places like Korat having kids in their 70's, it just isn't right. Just the same as the likes of  Richard Gere who most likely won't be around for their kids beyond their teens.

1 hour ago, ravip said:

RIP to the deceased.

On the same note as per your post, isn't it surprising that 1000's of foreigners are choosing to find partners and live in a country with such people? What could be the underlying hidden reason?

Cheap, availability.

38 minutes ago, Kim J said:

I can never understand what could possibly drive someone to take such drastic measures. Particularly when he could have just popped down Soi 6 for a new one.

If broke and homeless which often is the reality after a thai/farang divorce soi 6 may be more a challenge than an attraction...

Ah and there's your problem....you get up dust yourself down and move on to the next one.next time you break up try keeping your tackle in your pants for a few months.

Well, not quite how I see it. I've been divorced from my Thai wife for about 5 years now (unfortunately two divorces in England too) and I think it's like hospital treatment. The sooner one is out of the crisis zone getting back to some kind of 'normality' (whatever that might be) is the aim?. Sad about the Frenchman though but then again perhaps he had serious issues before and this was the last straw, as it were. Family in France will be in shock no doubt. My condolences to them

5 hours ago, kannot said:

unfortunately you see the true nature of people in the Thais  where any death is simply a  spectacle to be enjoyed, shared on facebook, repulsed at, they have no dignity and very  little  morals, any they  supposedly do have have not  been installed   by compassion but with fear.

Its much the same in the uk.

We are just animals of the planet, criticizing each other irrationally.

1 minute ago, TKDfella said:

Well, not quite how I see it. I've been divorced from my Thai wife for about 5 years now (unfortunately two divorces in England too) and I think it's like hospital treatment. The sooner one is out of the crisis zone getting back to some kind of 'normality' (whatever that might be) is the aim?. Sad about the Frenchman though but then again perhaps he had serious issues before and this was the last straw, as it were. Family in France will be in shock no doubt. My condolences to them

As for the most of traumatic experiences - its all about to continue on the same path like pilots and passengers after an emergency landing - its all about to get up in the air the sooner the better to rapidly get over the trauma....:whistling:

7 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Yeah it was a bit.my last 4 wives left me because they all said I was cold and insensitive.before you ask,I don't like wedding cake I like honeymoons and poking the bridesmaids.....no seriously it looks like this guy was suffering from a sensitivity problem.if I broke up with my one and only wife I would be having a party tonight.the thought of killing myself over a ring and marriage paper would be the last thing on my mind.do you think I should seek some sort of help? 

no!

5 minutes ago, ttrd said:

As for the most of traumatic experiences - its all about to continue on the same path like pilots and passengers after an emergency landing - its all about to get up in the air the sooner the better to rapidly get over the trauma....:whistling:

Ha, yeah...that's the spirit...how does that song go...'...whenever your down and out...up like a rose bud high on the vine...' ?

Another sad ending to a falang / Thai marriage as has been said previously on this thread he must have had other issues and this was the straw that broke the camels back, not as though there wasn’t a replacement out there in Thailand for him, and suppose the ever vigilant police  only thing that the police will find missing is the balance in his bank account.  R.I.P Olivier your troubles are over now.               

26 minutes ago, freebyrd said:

As an aside, all these old bods in I used to see in places like Korat having kids in their 70's, it just isn't right. Just the same as the likes of  Richard Gere who most likely won't be around for their kids beyond their teens.

Successful men always keep breeding. Nothing unnatural about it.

50% of divorced men in Europe never see their children again after the divorce.

6 hours ago, kannot said:

unfortunately you see the true nature of people in the Thais  where any death is simply a  spectacle to be enjoyed, shared on facebook, repulsed at, they have no dignity and very  little  morals, any they  supposedly do have have not  been installed   by compassion but with fear.

This a a sad sign of the times. Lie in the street dead or dying after an accident or get attacked by thugs that try to rob you, people are more likely to film the incident and upload it on YouTube and facebook than come to help.

Because of this people are becoming desensitised to events and scenes that 20 years ago would have had us gasping in horror.

Last year one of my neighbours killed himself by driving his motorbike at full speed into a tree in our local temple after his wife decided to leave him. They had a son together. Within 3 months his wife found another guy, she certainly didn`t hang about. The best revenge against those who would do us down is success. No woman is worth dying for.

Ah and there's your problem....you get up dust yourself down and move on to the next one.next time you break up try keeping your tackle in your pants for a few months.

THat is the best you could do, you have to shake it of. But easy? Maybe for some, for others not so. 

My first divorce really got me down. Incredible , when you think you have it running and then your wife turns 180 degrees, just out of the blue. Sometimes i sit down and think of my life, <deleted>.

But thats life, im not the only one, never thought about my life being, as it runs. When you talk to people, see what happens around you, you read the stories, they must feel somehow the same and just trying to hang in there. Just dust of and go on, otherwise it can get to you.

Age, status, gender , it doesnt matter. How many suicides in Thailand only of young people? 750 every year.

David Carradine (kung <deleted> man) came to Bangkok... to hang himself. It all happens when your brain is short circuited.

6 hours ago, kannot said:

Or, you could say they don't put their head in the sand and try to pretend nothing happened. Every picture tells a story, and this one shows her sadness and remorse, pure human emotions.

Other times, they show the reality of road accidents, the blood and brains spilt out. Harsh reality which, although seemingly not so in Thailand, might make people think twice about how they drive.

I have to wonder why they're having her sit next to the body of the man she lived with and was once a lover.  It's disturbing enough around those you don't know, let alone those you could speak with the night before...

45/23 was not likely to work anyways but suicide isn't the answer.

7 hours ago, kannot said:

When father-in-law went off to the big lao khao factory in the sky, there was no spectacle, FB sharing, revulsion, lack of dignity or overt displays of immorality or what have you. The whole 6 day shebang was all quite dignified. The 'compassion envelopes' were well-stuffed with a fair bit of purples too. We did enjoy the piss up though. You'd swear there was some Irish in the Isaan blood.

Maybe you haven't cottoned on to the different cultural take on death in LOS, be it natural or violent.

Archived