Young Thai woman makes shock discovery after deciding to finish with French husband

webfact

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's always tragic when someone dies, but it is the cowards way out. His family back in France must be distraught, and that will last for a long time.
I hope he doesn't have children because this would be devastating for them. I had a neighbor once who killed himself after he split with his wife. It wrecked their kids lives for years afterwards.

2 hours ago, ravip said:

RIP to the deceased.

On the same note as per your post, isn't it surprising that 1000's of foreigners are choosing to find partners and live in a country with such people? What could be the underlying hidden reason?

They're not sociopaths?

5 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

It's always tragic when someone dies, but it is the cowards way out. His family back in France must be distraught, and that will last for a long time.
I hope he doesn't have children because this would be devastating for them. I had a neighbor once who killed himself after he split with his wife. It wrecked their kids lives for years afterwards.

People who are clinically depressed see suicide as an end to their suffering, nothing to do with being a coward or taking an easy way out. If you haven't experienced that kind of depression you are in no position to make comment.

2 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

"You get up dust yourself down and move on to the next one."

l really don't mean this badly but if you've had 3 already clearly this is bad advice particularly in your case. If my marriage ever fails I most certainly will never do it again!

There is however a small demographic of the western male that can accurately be described as being a 'serial husband'.

9 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

It's always tragic when someone dies, but it is the cowards way out.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

When a person is seriously depressed suicide appears to be the only answer.

I know i have been there, asked my wife to switch off my life support.

Cowards way out BS.

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

... They had a son together. Within 3 months his wife found another guy, she certainly didn`t hang about. ...

Why would she? Her first husband certainly didn't 'hang about' either.

I guess "needs must" does resonate in the Thai culture as well.

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

You only hear about the ones that fail. I know a lot of falangs that have been married to or partnered with Thai women for many years, I have been with my Thai partner for 9 years, and there's a 20 year age gap.

Correct Giddyup. Same age difference in mine and we have been married a few more years than you. Good luck and wish you many more happy years. 

Back to the OP.

Very sad and RIP to the Frenchman. Perhaps he had some mental health issues that we do not know about.

7 hours ago, kannot said:

unfortunately you see the true nature of people in the Thais  where any death is simply a  spectacle to be enjoyed, shared on facebook, repulsed at, they have no dignity and very  little  morals, any they  supposedly do have have not  been installed   by compassion but with fear.

Both you I and many other posters have opened the thread to gawp at the spectacle, commenting 

and forming opinions, I guess we also share the true nature of Thai people.

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

You only hear about the ones that fail. I know a lot of falangs that have been married to or partnered with Thai women for many years, I have been with my Thai partner for 9 years, and there's a 20 year age gap.

I have been with Mrs Possum for 13 years and there is a 20 year age gap.

Another tragedy....Having been with the same Thai woman 10 years, bought and built the family home sent her daughters to school and Uni. Two weeks ago I discover she mortgaged the house for 680,000. Tbt.  OK the house was for her and the girls, had it just been her I would have packed and left. What enrages me is that she was quite willing to gamble and waste the girls home. The girls are shocked, the eldest feels she should support her mother as a duty, no.2 is hoping I will stay by the girls and no.3 refuses to talk to her mother. Having known the girls for 8 years I will work with them, last week she suggested divorce.....old birds and chaff...a divorce would split my bank account, very neat. So it's back to LOS in a couple of weeks and some fancy footwork.

And lessons learned, when fighting from an indefensible stance women will use any weapon, and that invariably includes their children.

For what it's worth, and from experience....the world is full of beautiful women...if you fall get up dust yourself off and move forward.

Chok dee lads.

2 minutes ago, Superlight said:

Another tragedy....Having been with the same Thai woman 10 years, bought and built the family home sent her daughters to school and Uni. Two weeks ago I discover she mortgaged the house for 680,000. Tbt.  OK the house was for her and the girls, had it just been her I would have packed and left. What enrages me is that she was quite willing to gamble and waste the girls home. The girls are shocked, the eldest feels she should support her mother as a duty, no.2 is hoping I will stay by the girls and no.3 refuses to talk to her mother. Having known the girls for 8 years I will work with them, last week she suggested divorce.....old birds and chaff...a divorce would split my bank account, very neat. So it's back to LOS in a couple of weeks and some fancy footwork.

And lessons learned, when fighting from an indefensible stance women will use any weapon, and that invariably includes their children.

For what it's worth, and from experience....the world is full of beautiful women...if you fall get up dust yourself off and move forward.

Chok dee lads.

No reason to give a leaving wife anything never mind 50% of your net worth....its not a legal requirement 

Nothing lasts forever and you should know that from day 1 and plan accordingly... 

Don't buy anything that can't be solely  in your name and if you do then write it off at time of buying

2 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

Every time i read such news i wonder why people want to kill themselves over a broken relationship. But moreover why does this happen so much in Thailand and always to the expats ? Is it that in most  cases the relations break after all the money is gone? Its epidemic to Thailand.

Failed relationships must be one of the main contributers to suicide all over the world, and many

bridges are burned by many guys before they come here, making a sad situation a desperate one.

I can't say whether this applies here, as we only have a brief glimpse at the life of this couple

and it's tragic end.

8 hours ago, lanista said:

I agree. Its very difficult not to be cynical or talk in stereotypes. I feel only a little bit sorry for the deceased. He was asking for trouble.

The vast majority of western men marry girls just like this one  in the pic  and all with baggage.

I know Thai men who have loaned out their wives to foreign men for relationships and marriage.

One of them has a wife currently working 'massage'  in Bulgaria -of all places.

Massage    ? LOL....yeah right !

Clearly you've never been to Eastern Europe where Thai massage is done in a clinical setting. The doctor issues a prescription and the patients (mostly older people with back problems or whatever)  go twice a week or whatever and are reimbursed by their insurance or the government. The massage clinics are tightly controlled by the governments. The therapists are on 2 year contracts and get one day off per week. They are strictly forbidden from socializing with the patients. Get your facts straight before posting garbage.

Thai police are the best in the world. They don't even need an investigation.... They just know it was a clear case of suicide.... It is amazing they know this with no investigation.... If the roles were reversed and a thai had hanged themselves following multiple arguments..... would the Thai police accept it as quickly? 

3 minutes ago, trianglechoke said:

Thai police are the best in the world. They don't even need an investigation.... They just know it was a clear case of suicide.... It is amazing they know this with no investigation.... If the roles were reversed and a thai had hanged themselves following multiple arguments..... would the Thai police accept it as quickly? 

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, etc, etc.

I think what a lot of the problems is that many falang do not get out and mix with other falangs so that when something like a marriage breakdown they have got no one that they can talk to. I believe that every falang should try and have other falangs as friends but I do know that there are some on here that are against that type of thing, so it would be interesting to see how they would cope with no one to talk things over with. Every day I see falangs in shopping centres and some will say hello and others just stick their nose in the air and think they are better than any other falang, but will they be able to handle a sudden marriage breakdown with no one to talk to.

4 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I think what a lot of the problems is that many falang do not get out and mix with other falangs so that when something like a marriage breakdown they have got no one that they can talk to. I believe that every falang should try and have other falangs as friends but I do know that there are some on here that are against that type of thing, so it would be interesting to see how they would cope with no one to talk things over with. Every day I see falangs in shopping centres and some will say hello and others just stick their nose in the air and think they are better than any other falang, but will they be able to handle a sudden marriage breakdown with no one to talk to.

Very true, but i guess many people fall into difficult relationship just because they don't have any trusted friend to talk to.

It can be a vicious circle.

53 minutes ago, trianglechoke said:

You betcha!

No discrimination, they are equal-opportunity bludgers.

11 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I am not proud to say I have had three failed marriages but not one of them was worth taking my own life over when it ended. You get up dust yourself down and move on to the next one.

The guy must have had some serious issues.

Feel sorry for his family back in France, and it must have been a real shock for his wife finding him like that, that's the stuff of nightmares

RIP Fella

I don't feel sorry for the heirs in Europe at all. They probably want the poor Thai lady's house. 

Any kind of solidarity in Europe ends when it comes to money. 

I pity the Frenchman's last love, and I pity their long-distance relationship. 

51 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

... Every day I see falangs in shopping centres and some will say hello and others just stick their nose in the air and think they are better than any other falang, but will they be able to handle a sudden marriage breakdown with no one to talk to.

Bit of a stretch to equate someone with an aloof or insular attitude in a public setting as a probable melt-down candidate if his Mrs decides to pull the pin. By the same token, I don't walk about shopping malls in the UK or US saying hello to people I don't even know.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

They're not sociopaths?

They're in love, and it's called psychopathic (even psychotic) in Europe to be in love in a long-distance relationship. At least in Germany it is.  

You have obviously no idea what it means if the "poor" want the money from the "rich" in a racist European nanny state. 

28 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I could be my wifes father, I'm 74 and my wife is 47, that is 27 years difference, I have 2 children older than my wife.

I am only 6 months younger than my recently deceased father-in-law and about 3 months older than my mother-in-law.

Never been good with numbers either.

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Bit of a stretch to equate someone with an aloof or insular attitude in a public setting as a probable melt-down candidate if his Mrs decides to pull the pin. By the same token, I don't walk about shopping malls in the UK or US saying hello to people I don't even know.

No. Their heirs and heiresses (and the banks) in Europe will come to take everything away from Thais. 

Feels really good to be an orphan in Germany.

Archived