Young Thai woman makes shock discovery after deciding to finish with French husband

webfact

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

When the girl you meet is over 40 (give or take a bit), the 20 year age gap doesn't matter.

When she's 20 it does.

When I was 40 and working in the US, my then 20 year-old fiancée was a bit of a handful. She always thought to keep an eye out for any imagined goings-on between me and her 18 year-old sister but it was her 40 year-old mom that was the bloody dangerous one.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

When I was 40 and working in the US, my then 20 year-old fiancée was a bit of a handful. She always thought to keep an eye out for any imagined goings-on between me and her 18 year-old sister but it was her 40 year-old mom that was the bloody dangerous one.

At least you survived to tell the tale

9 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, my point was that the media should have a little more compassion for the victims ( yes, she is a victim too ) of a tragedy.

Instead they publish pictures that "sell" showing no respect for the dignity of the victims and their relatives.

Yes, i also don't like pis of gruesome accidents and suicides, honestly, they are unnecessary.

I don't agree with "the Thais" having "no dignity and very little morals", i like to think that the majority of the people, in every country, are , basically, decent people.

There are many who see the Thai people one way, how can they not, there not Thai , Thai culture is very different than ours , a dead body is an empty vessel ,death is excepted , as a fact of life , Thais have Dignity (face) the loss of face is huge , to them ,Thais also have more compassion , to each other than any people I have ever seen ,  in a village some one dies every one gives money ,to the family to help burn the body . Help cook food ,pay respect to the family . Morals this is based a western ideas , of what morals are supposed to be . Thais are very decent , and no matter what you see in Pattaya or other bar areas the same ,bar girls would be most respectful at home and at temples , and not be looked down on ,by anyone in there village  at all, many are poor girls , not well educated , and many have a child to look after , and support there family. And yes , Most Thais , I have met , are very decent friendly people.  

12 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I am not proud to say I have had three failed marriages but not one of them was worth taking my own life over when it ended. You get up dust yourself down and move on to the next one.

The guy must have had some serious issues.

Feel sorry for his family back in France, and it must have been a real shock for his wife finding him like that, that's the stuff of nightmares

RIP Fella

I've had 2 mate and there isnt gonna be another but as you say you get up and dust yourself down. Thing is that doesnt work for everyone, who knows the mental situation of the French guy, this may just have pushed him over the edge. 

RIP to the guy.

10 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

RIP that Man.  How many times have i heard these Thai girls mates telling them..''Oh; if he don't give you enough money just get another one '' ?

Won't be long before he is replaced because 'Love' of money is far more important to them than 'Love' for another Human Being !

Sounds like you have been bitten hard.

Regardless of what Thai girls are told by their friends, its up to the girl listening to make her own mind up.

Your last comment is pretty shallow to be honest, some people can move on pretty quick, others have a problem with that, sure love hurts, but don't paint all Thai girls with the same brush, sure they have to move forward, but they do have feelings as we all do, but are also resilient due to the harder life that they have, as opposed to us farangs, i.e. we have access to funds, they don't, its survival of the fittest.  

20 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

Be mentally strong! If you “fall in love “ and she tells you “I love you” be ready 6 months,1 year,2 years later for “I don’t think it ok now” “I not love you same “ etc etc . Be strong and ready

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Women in general will only leave a man if he is not a good provider, sure they love, but they want security, to be treated fair as well, and a man to be a man, "if they not love you same" she is telling you that you are not a good provider, your not treating her fairly, and your not a man.

I have only had one female of many that left me, and that was my x wife of 12 years, however she had mental issues and hasn't repartnered since we split in 1999, I was a good provider, I treated her fairly and I am a man, although I put up a lot with her, but her parents did a good job in farking her up mentally as they controlled her all her life, still do to this day, guess having money does that to their kids, personally I wouldn't know as I was free from a young age, and didn't come from parents with money.

My 2nd wife who is Thai and who I have been with for 11 very happy years always tells me that if I ever leave her, she will follow me.....I guess "she love me long time" then....lol

13 hours ago, Esso49 said:

RIP to him but terrible for her, as she will no doubt always live with the the thought she caused him to end his life.  Despite all the cynics on here, there are couples that , for whatever reason, decide to end their relationship, but always want to remain on good caring terms with each other.

"...she will no doubt always live with the the thought she caused him to end his life.  "

Total and unfair assumption on your part, you, me, nobody knows who was at fault and even if 'fault' is an appropriate word.

I always had a lot of doubts that all these foreigners killed themselves over a breakup.  I would have thought the guy would be so mad or enraged or jealous or whatever.. such that he was more likely to go and hurt or kill the lady he broke up with.    But upon reflections, I recall one or two girls I knew in college and later in grad school who had nutty boyfriends and that would do strange things to get their attention.  One guy twice "tried" to kill himself by staying in the car while it was running in the garage and when the girl came home she had to call the medics.    And I can believe that some foreign guys living or more accurately hanging on in Thailand may actually depend on the Thai girl a bit for some money or possibly housing.  So when they break up, massive depression sets in as the guy now is bordering on homeless?  But still, I am amazed that there seem to be many less reported stories of the foreigner killing his ex girl than himself after a breakup.  Some notable recent incidents do come to mind of course. 

In this case here, the guy left the house?  Exactly who owned or paid for the house or the rent?  That may have a lot of bearing on the situation.  I have seen several of the more notorious stories where the guy of course had bought the house (but not the land) and then he died or was killed.  Some very suspicious circumstances sometimes.

10 hours ago, giddyup said:

You only hear about the ones that fail. I know a lot of falangs that have been married to or partnered with Thai women for many years, I have been with my Thai partner for 9 years, and there's a 20 year age gap.

I have been with my Thai wife and partner for 25 years and 18 of them we have been married. I do admit to the 21 year age gap and she was a child bride when I married her of

35 years old.

7 hours ago, ravip said:

RIP to the deceased.

On the same note as per your post, isn't it surprising that 1000's of foreigners are choosing to find partners and live in a country with such people? What could be the underlying hidden reason?

My wife is Thai and NOT as you describe her as "such people". 

It shows YOUR ignorance and bias.

7 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

"You get up dust yourself down and move on to the next one."

l really don't mean this badly but if you've had 3 already clearly this is bad advice particularly in your case. If my marriage ever fails I most certainly will never do it again!

Well you are wrong.

The one I have been in with my Thai wife has outlasted the other 3 put together 14 years so far

If your marriage fails and you only want one chance at it and will marry no more  then that's up to you, you'll end up a lonely old man if you are unprepared to try something again because you made a mistake last time round

14 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I am not proud to say I have had three failed marriages but not one of them was worth taking my own life over when it ended. You get up dust yourself down and move on to the next one.

The guy must have had some serious issues.

Feel sorry for his family back in France, and it must have been a real shock for his wife finding him like that, that's the stuff of nightmares

RIP Fella

People are different from one another.The fact that you are a strong person who can get over shocks easily does not mean that every body else can.The poor fellow must have loved her so much that he did not even want to live without her.Unlike you,she was not to him something he could simply"dust away" as you put it.As a man over 40 myself,I can understand the pressure you are under when your love is only 23 and so beautiful.A very pretty 23 years old girl like her must be chased all the time by young guys.This puts her 45 years old man under constant threat.R.I.P,Oliver.I hope this will a lesson for every one,think twice before marrying a girl 22 years younger than you,especially if you two come from different cultural back grounds.The clash is bound to happen one day,with very very few cases as exceptions.

5 minutes ago, patrick1968 said:

so she was sleeping till afternoon then she had some business to attend to ,,,? ?

Why not?

If my wife has nothing planned to do then she will sleep in.

OTOH if she HAS to do something then she will get up even if it is 4 am.

Couple of years ago an acquaintance of mine (British guy) was found dead in a hotel bed in Pattaya. 50 years old.

He'd been with a Thai girl for about three years. She was 23. Had bought her a farm, built a house, bought new truck etc etc. All up in Isaan.  Had a row with her and came to Pattaya to cool off.

He hadn't been answering his phone for a day and a friend broke into his hotel room. Found him lying peacefully on his back in bed - dead. No sign of injury or trauma. No pills.

It was never reported in the press and AFAIK there was no police investigation. I never heard any update on cause of death.

The girls family now have the truck and run the farm. Saw her last week working in a massage shop on Second Road.....

I often think about that poor guy.

Hmmm... So if my neighbors have overheard arguments between me and a Thai wife and the next morning I discovered her hanging from the ease by a nylon cord, no suicide note... Nada...long after awakening my ass would be in jail facing murder charges. Suicide is the easy default for Thai police. 

Also, I pity foreigners who end up dead because the police do not want to investigate thoroughly. Even more so when the defendant is a Thai girl. The family of the victim are in the wrong country to pressure the Thai police and are given little information. But let it be a dead Thai girl. Her family near a whole country of Thais to hold the police responsible and thus force a thorough investigation. 

7 hours ago, freebyrd said:

20 odd years ago I met an old fella in Nana Plaza, he was 74, who told me that his daughter wasn't happy about his new girlfriend. His daughter was 38, while the tiny creature sat next to him was 17 ?. If they are still together, is he's still alive, which is very unlikely, she would be 37 to his 94 ?.

As an aside, all these old bods in I used to see in places like Korat having kids in their 70's, it just isn't right. Just the same as the likes of  Richard Gere who most likely won't be around for their kids beyond their teens.

Sure we would expect every kid to grow up with a dad, but how much time do dads actually spend with their kids, I know my dad was always working to provide for us, he wasn't a big part in my life, I learnt what I learnt from others, at work etc etc, no hard feelings towards my dad, he did what he could as a dad, but work to survive and provide are paramount when it comes to raising kids.

As for those having kids later in life, I thought 49 and 54 was old, but then I have seen them as you say, as old as 70 plus, and all I can say is as long as they can leave enough money behind to educated and support the kid/s family with a strong mother to get them through, that's enough. Let's not forget, a lot of kids grow up in separate/divorced family situations, let alone abusive families, so is there really a wrong or a right having kids at an older age?

It doesn't look good I know, but like I said, as long as they are being looked after when the father is gone would be better than not.

So sad to hear again.  Yea, had three wives and still good friends with all of them.  Never worth doing something like this.

I WONDER.   I just wonder if the guy's "intent" is too cause extreme anguish and hurt to his wife, so he does this to her.  Is he doing this for himself?   Perhaps, but I often wonder if he's so angry and upset and somewhat "humiliated" about a public divorce, that he wants to hurt the woman in the only way he can.

Just wondering.  Never quite understood suicide.

Archived