Are Isaan women into sweet nothings?

Csaw

I'm noticing not really. They don't give it and if they do its painfully mechanical. And when you give it to them, they don't seem to know what to do with it. Or is it just me?

And by the way...i'm talking about women born pre 80s.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well maybe as you are talking about women pre 80's , and I am assuming by that you mean the year, then perhaps as they are certainly the older set, then they have not got all their teeth left so hence the "sweet nothings" they say to you is garbled and you just don't understand them?  ???

The question should really be: "are Isaan women into sweet nothings with partners they love?".

For the best answer, you're going to have to talk to Thai men. Even if a foreigner was getting a good response from their Thai partner it could be a sweet game.

25 minutes ago, tropo said:

The question should really be: "are Isaan women into sweet nothings with partners they love?".

For the best answer, you're going to have to talk to Thai men. Even if a foreigner was getting a good response from their Thai partner it could be a sweet game.

Sweet game? You reckon 

Just one old guy's observation. On the one hand I had read about the Thai social order before coming. Hmm, so if you are caucasian = that is a plus, if you have or had a professional career = that is a plus, if you had some age, you were seen as more respected (and more likely to not go chasing younger girls = thais a plus, and if you had a steady source of income =that is a plus. Sure, plenty of signs of valuing the money ... but ... the other side is also seen. Spending time with family, having fun together is oft seen as equal to or of more importance than seeing how many "things" you can gather. So, there you have it, as usual I can see the different sides demonstrated in the culture. I have been most fortunate in my experiences ... or maybe its just my outlook.

From my experience married to a now 57 yr old 14 years , the answer is NO .  My wife is a head teacher currently away in Bangkok at a teacher's seminar .  Yes , we are exchanging Sweet Nothings by messenger on our phones , but when we are together there is little intimacy .  I know other men who experience the same .  Thais of an older generation don't hug and kiss , it is not part of Thai culture .  

2 hours ago, tropo said:

Sorry you've had such bad experiences with the women in your life.

I know so many men who come to S.E. Asia looking for love after not being able to find it at home, only to find that they can't find it here either. I always tell them that the common denominator is them not the women they have known.

26 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Sorry you've had such bad experiences with the women in your life.

I know so many men who come to S.E. Asia looking for love after not being able to find it at home, only to find that they can't find it here either. I always tell them that the common denominator is them not the women they have known.

Most will be happy if their chosen lady at least pretends love. Still a better deal than they get in the West.

Just now, Mac98 said:

Most will be happy if their chosen lady at least pretends love. Still a better deal than they get in the West.

Nope they come on TV and complain bitterly about it. "She's only with me for my money". Then when you drill down it's "My Farang wife only wanted me for my money, she took me for everything I had when we divorced."

Sad losers who are clueless with women.

21 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Nope they come on TV and complain bitterly about it. "She's only with me for my money". Then when you drill down it's "My Farang wife only wanted me for my money, she took me for everything I had when we divorced."

Then she wasn't pretending. 

If you haven’t walked in a person’s shoes, you have no idea what route their life has taken or what your future holds.
Think about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've listened to enough people in bars in Pattaya, to know exactly what route their life has taken. It's true that no one knows what the future holds (no one knows that better than me) but as far as I can see into my future, the future looks rosy!

Very pleased to hear it. Pattaya bar stools are a wonderful location to find ‘how the real Thailand ticks’ (I don’t think)!

9 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Most of these tarts love only money.

The suggestion of gold works wonders I'm told.

I'm often complementing. Only this morning I told Mrs Owl that her tea making was the dog's <deleted>. I've got a way of sweet talking the ladies.

6 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Very pleased to hear it. Pattaya bar stools are a wonderful location to find ‘how the real Thailand ticks’ (I don’t think)!

It's a wonderful location to find out how disgruntled, misogynistic, expats tick. Well that and this forum.

My dog is one of the sweetest beings on earth (if she is not trying to kill you).  When I get up every morning to take her for a walk she gives me the most wonderful looks and licks my hand and walks in front of me to make sure nothing is going to bite me like snakes or poisonous insects. 

My wife has a sweet moment two or three times a month (180 seconds) and almost cries when she thanks me for taking care of her and supporting the things she wants to do and managing her healthcare.  The rest of the time it is like basic training in the Army and she is the drill sergeant. 

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I'm often complementing. Only this morning I told Mrs Owl that her tea making was the dog's <deleted>.

I taught my wife how to make decent coffee, then I told her that she makes it better than me, never had to make a coffee since. Since then I've told her that she does the washing up better than me, the garden, the ironing, manicures etc. No wonder I've got so much time on my hands.

4 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Thai women love* compliments and little kisses. Focus on face [na lak] smile [yim waan] age [kit wah koon yee sip sahm bee tilac - etc] and boobs [nohm suay tilac]

All of the above plus my wife gets dressed every morning, does a little catwalk pose in front of me and says "Nam bow ?" (suey mai), to which I have to reply, "Nam illy deu, khun mia" (suey mak mak). If I don't, I get a swipe.

7 minutes ago, Carib said:

Basically it`s nothing, but sweet I guess.. Must be edible. 

According to Professor Pigeon, the best way to sweeten a Thai lady is to look into her eyes when you talk and look at her lips when she talks.

If, as is sometimes the case, she has outstanding atributes, then these should be looked at (as opposed to glancing or staring) to give her confidence whilst in your presence.

4 hours ago, Lucky mike said:

Rare to see open displays of affection in public, however Thai women I have found to be very loving in private.....just a different culture, respect goes a long way...and they do appreciate you being faithful....

My understanding is that displays of affection in public is seen as low class.

Behind closed doors a whole different matter.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I taught my wife how to make decent coffee, then I told her that she makes it better than me, never had to make a coffee since. Since then I've told her that she does the washing up better than me, the garden, the ironing, manicures etc. No wonder I've got so much time on my hands.

Did you find your Miss Isaan in Pattaya ?  or did you go to Isaan  for such a perfect wife ?

Archived