Are Isaan women into sweet nothings?

Csaw

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Thais are not particularly demonstrative in public. Alone or behind closed doors, it's different. It's that way with my GF - very playful.

That was the case when I returned to see my then GF back in 2007, met me at BKK international, not a kiss, not a hug, nothing, into the taxi and I was like what the fark, just flew 9 hours to get here, she could tell I was a little taken back and put her hand on my knee in the back the taxi. At dinner I said to her I was a guttered, and she explained to me that in Thai culture they don't show affection in public, and that's when I said to her, well then we are just going to have to be affectionate in public, because maybe Thais will catch on, she was a little baffled at my remark, and I said, don't worry about it, just follow me, we won't get arrested, trust me.

That said, I have been happily married to my Thai wife for just over 11 years, we are very public, she is now the instigator, i.e. she will hold my hand in public, kiss me, put her hand around me, we live in a big house, if she's in the garden, she will send me a message, so as to say, I am here, as for sex, well, that's a minimum 3 times a week thing and it gets better every time.

She doesn't give a rats about Thai culture now, but then again, I think living in Australia with me for 9 years opened up her eyes, and my attitude towards life probably played a role in convincing her that it's ok to think outside the square, i.e. bringing her out of her shell.

I would hate to be in a relationship where things have gone stale, as they say, it takes two tango, and I got to say, I am grateful that this chick finds my jokes funny, is very playful and puts in more than she gets. I also love the fact  that she tells me every day that she loves me, not out of habit, but needs to tell me how she feels, especially when she is feeling a little insecure if I have had a big night out, over breakfast, she will say honey, don't you dare leave me because I will follow you...lol 

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

It's a wonderful location to find out how disgruntled, misogynistic, expats tick. Well that and this forum.

I think you will find the location is all over Thailand for disgruntled, misogynistic expats, and further abroad. 

You see for me, the way I see it is, the male thinks he has to shower his GF, fiance, wife with everything, for whatever reason, to impress her, maybe he is in fear of losing her, or just wants to show off.

For me I believe if the male separates the $'s from love, then he will always be in control and always win, I mean think about it, those who have had money, i.e. worked hard all of their lives, fell in love and spend it all on their GF, fiance, wife and when it went south ended up bitter and with nothing left.

Wake up lads, woman are black widows, all of them, they are thinkers, they want security, whereas we blokes want, well I will let you work that out.

Blokes are thick as bricks, they are trusting, she loves me, she's a good girl, they all are, until they get what they want, and who give to it to them, as I said, then when things go south, they cry foul and are bitter, well who told them to put all their chips on the table.

Stick to the 10% rule, that way you will have 90% remaining to get yourself back onto another horse, hopefully not to be thrown off again, but if you do, you will still have 90% to get up and dust yourself off.

Women have to be baited constantly, questioned, challenged, be one step ahead of them, sleep with one eye open if you have to, it doesn't mean you don't trust them, it means your not a mug, and if you are on the ball, you will see it when it's coming, the best defence is a good defence. 

As happy as I have been for the past 11 years, that could change tomorrow, but with 90% of my finances in my control, I will get onto another horse in no time, sure the pain of not having this lovely gal with me will take time to heal, but it would be worse if I had no money to be able to bounce back.

I'm not sure why many of you are talking about public display of affection. I am not talking about that. I get that Thais are not into that - although judging by how much i'm noticing it amongst the younger crowd in malls and such in Bangkok, it wont be long before non PDA will be a thing of the past.

I'm talking about being sweet and affection and teasing, for no reason. Hell, you don't even have to be in love, and could have just met her. Just liking her would be enough to be playful, tease, banter...a text msg out of nowhere "i miss you" with a ?. And she would reply back with "awww" me too" or a "OMG i was just thinking about you."...and it would be genuine. Because she really feels it and not like a robot who is programed to say that because that's what Farangs like.

Things like exaggerated puppy eyes look, baby talks and "oh stop it"s while simultaneously hugging you and burying their head on your chest. Perhaps a random "thinking of you" text msg or "been thinking about you the whole day"...you know, sweet words and actions that are perceived as "affectionate", designed to uplift the spirit. They don't have to be serious, only genuine and with no ulterior motives other that to make you feel good be be loving. 

8 hours ago, Spidey said:

Sorry you've had such bad experiences with the women in your life.

I know so many men who come to S.E. Asia looking for love after not being able to find it at home, only to find that they can't find it here either. I always tell them that the common denominator is them not the women they have known.

I'm sorry I didn't make it clearer for you. If you couldn't understand that, I'm not going to try again.

I certainly don't need your sympathy though... I've been with the same lady for going on 15 years now and have no relationship problems whatsoever. I did have some problems with earlier relationships though. You live and learn.

However, your "common denominator" comment is absurd. A very large percentage of these S.E. Asian - Western men relationships are financially motivated, so it's the women that are the common denominator. Some are better actors than others.

Some old farangs in my building with younger girls always have to held hands when they walk out and in of the building .

In the western world it is a sign of true love , here it is looked upon as low class to show affection in public. 

My Thai friends would never do it , I would never do it , just try to fit in , that's all . 

24 minutes ago, balo said:

Some old farangs in my building with younger girls always have to held hands when they walk out and in of the building .

In the western world it is a sign of true love , here it is looked upon as low class to show affection in public. 

My Thai friends would never do it , I would never do it , just try to fit in  that's all . 

I doubt many people in Pattaya would give it a second thought. There are a lot of foreign tourists walking around hand-in-hand too... and I see it a lot with young Thai couples. Any opinion Thais have of foreigners is well set before they see any hand holding. Is it "low class" or just a "different class"?

3 minutes ago, balo said:

I don't . Okay maybe 1 in 1000 couples. 

I see it plenty in BKK too. I still do it with my wife and don't give a hoot what Thai people think about it. I've never even thought about what they may think... but I suppose this thread is about Isaan girls, and perhaps they don't like to touch each other up there.

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I think you will find the location is all over Thailand for disgruntled, misogynistic expats, and further abroad. 

You see for me, the way I see it is, the male thinks he has to shower his GF, fiance, wife with everything, for whatever reason, to impress her, maybe he is in fear of losing her, or just wants to show off.

For me I believe if the male separates the $'s from love, then he will always be in control and always win, I mean think about it, those who have had money, i.e. worked hard all of their lives, fell in love and spend it all on their GF, fiance, wife and when it went south ended up bitter and with nothing left.

Wake up lads, woman are black widows, all of them, they are thinkers, they want security, whereas we blokes want, well I will let you work that out.

Blokes are thick as bricks, they are trusting, she loves me, she's a good girl, they all are, until they get what they want, and who give to it to them, as I said, then when things go south, they cry foul and are bitter, well who told them to put all their chips on the table.

Stick to the 10% rule, that way you will have 90% remaining to get yourself back onto another horse, hopefully not to be thrown off again, but if you do, you will still have 90% to get up and dust yourself off.

Women have to be baited constantly, questioned, challenged, be one step ahead of them, sleep with one eye open if you have to, it doesn't mean you don't trust them, it means your not a mug, and if you are on the ball, you will see it when it's coming, the best defence is a good defence. 

As happy as I have been for the past 11 years, that could change tomorrow, but with 90% of my finances in my control, I will get onto another horse in no time, sure the pain of not having this lovely gal with me will take time to heal, but it would be worse if I had no money to be able to bounce back.

In control? Win? Black widows? Sleep with one eye open?

I couldn't be in a marriage like yours. Where's the love? 

If I had your attitude to women, I'd just rent by the hour.

Thai women love* compliments and little kisses. Focus on face [na lak] smile [yim waan] age [kit wah koon yee sip sahm bee tilac - etc] and boobs [nohm suay tilac] Many Thai gals have never been properly 'sweet talked', so they love it when it is properly executed. In fact, Kay said to me "Farang never give me this before" then she went and told her friends. If you also help them with cash, and they figure you for a good hearted guy - then you will make some good friends.
*Incidentally - in my experience - if a gal doesn't respond to the sweet talk, that is a strong 'keep at arms length' signal.

You have never heard of the concept of “Baak waan” in Thai culture :)
Maybe it is the action you perform, that is the trick. Not the sweet talk:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

8 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Thai women love* compliments and little kisses. Focus on face [na lak] smile [yim waan] age [kit wah koon yee sip sahm bee tilac - etc] and boobs [nohm suay tilac] Many Thai gals have never been properly 'sweet talked', so they love it when it is properly executed. In fact, Kay said to me "Farang never give me this before" then she went and told her friends. If you also help them with cash, and they figure you for a good hearted guy - then you will make some good friends.

*Incidentally - in my experience - if a gal doesn't respond to the sweet talk, that is a strong 'keep at arms length' signal.

I might tell my wife that I think she looks like a "23 year old... not quite 3 times around".  555.  Or I might say something about her boobs, but more like I haven't seen them in a long time.

8 hours ago, Spidey said:

All of the above plus my wife gets dressed every morning, does a little catwalk pose in front of me and says "Nam bow ?" (suey mai), to which I have to reply, "Nam illy deu, khun mia" (suey mak mak). If I don't, I get a swipe.

Ngam lie, taa!  Ngam e-lee.  I suppose you could use "Knun Nai", meaning boss. ?

I think the whole deal is to engage in banter, be clever and give your undivided attention.  After 40 years of marriage (2 weeks from now), I still love the banter and teasing.  When I went to Thailand in 1977,  there wasn't much to do in small towns except interact with people like this.  Talk, tease, joke, flirt in an innocent way.  It is what charmed me about Thailand.

45 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

I might tell my wife that I think she looks like a "23 year old... not quite 3 times around".  555.  Or I might say something about her boobs, but more like I haven't seen them in a long time.

Ngam lie, taa!  Ngam e-lee.  I suppose you could use "Knun Nai", meaning boss. ?

I think the whole deal is to engage in banter, be clever and give your undivided attention.  After 40 years of marriage (2 weeks from now), I still love the banter and teasing.  When I went to Thailand in 1977,  there wasn't much to do in small towns except interact with people like this.  Talk, tease, joke, flirt in an innocent way.  It is what charmed me about Thailand.

You definitely have got it nailed on how to have a long and happy marriage to an Issan girl.

When I was dating Issan girls, always had success if I could make them laugh. They really need to have "mwan" (sanook).

Congratulations on your upcoming 40th, you're an inspiration to us all.

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

In control? Win? Black widows? Sleep with one eye open?

I couldn't be in a marriage like yours. Where's the love? 

If I had your attitude to women, I'd just rent by the hour.

Couldn't live any other way, ask yourself this, if you knew how to handle a King Cobra, would you trust it 100%, I reckon your answer would be no, you would respect it, but make sure your in control, same thing so to speak, try not to let things go over your head.

Without financial control (in the game of love) you will lose, need I say more ?

The love is there, you just have to make sure you just have let them know they are dispensable because once a woman knows she has you, she will do what she pleases of you and lose respect for you at the same time, hence you being a man. Woman love a good man if you can get your head around that.

Each to their own, it appears that you don't know women for who they are, just watchout when they rear their heads as soon as you give them the opportunity, i.e. they are all Medusa's, given the chance.

My attitude comes from having my eyes wide open and understanding their makeup, they are all the same, with the same goals and ambitions, will even admit to what I am saying, if you know how to extract it from them, but each to their own.

As long as your a happy chappy loving your way, it's all good then.

Image result for picture of a woman with snakes in her hair

9 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Does it matter?

The wrapping may be different, but the content is the same.

Agree, and why would / should Pattaya be mentioned?

Where folks meet is not important and Thailand is much bigger than Pattaya. 

Thanks, Spidey.  Now that I think about it, my wife is one I didn't particularly flirt with. We're just too serious. We talked philosophy, as much as we could with her not speaking English and my 12 weeks or so of Thai language training.

Now that I'm old, I can get away with it, even when she's in the kitchen with a knife.  Why should she kill me now when she can just wait a couple years and be on easy street?  She's patient sometimes ...

Hey, at about 63 years old, she still looks OK.  She's the short one in the middle, with a bag of money around her waist.  555.

image.jpeg.c571c10794f37471c47877f7947bb8af.jpeg

30 years ago ...

image.jpeg.5427dbf33feb89b70f535841ae1d5166.jpeg

My Thai friends would never do it , I would never do it , just try to fit in , that's all . 

If you would be “high class” you wouldn’t live in the same building..

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Couldn't live any other way, ask yourself this, if you knew how to handle a King Cobra, would you trust it 100%, I reckon your answer would be no, you would respect it, but make sure your in control, same thing so to speak, try not to let things go over your head.

There you go again, comparing women to cobras! If you don't have 100% mutual trust, you certainly shouldn't be getting married.

Control? Marriage is a partnership, it's about compromise not "control".

Married to my farang wife for 30 years, never needed "control".

Thai wife of several years, same same.

You really do sound like a control freak, I pity your wife.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

There you go again, comparing women to cobras! If you don't have 100% mutual trust, you certainly shouldn't be getting married.

Control? Marriage is a partnership, it's about compromise not "control".

Married to my farang wife for 30 years, never needed "control".

Thai wife of several years, same same.

You really do sound like a control freak, I pity your wife.

Your blinded by your own ignorance.

How can you trust anyone 100%, "mutual" all text book stuff, and this is why a very high % of relationship in the Thailand go south. I trust myself 110%, my wife 99%, if I was all in, I would be like you, "mutually in control", give me a break !

Control freak, far from it, in the finance department, I will agree with that.

You still don't get it, I give up.

Only a fool would trust his/her partner 100% (or anybody else in the world for that matter).

Zero mistrust can be equated to "really don't care". Humans are humans, too much trust can be taken advantage of all too easily (and too often is).

To each their own.

29 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Thanks, Spidey.  Now that I think about it, my wife is one I didn't particularly flirt with. We're just too serious. We talked philosophy, as much as we could with her not speaking English and my 12 weeks or so of Thai language training.

Now that I'm old, I can get away with it, even when she's in the kitchen with a knife.  Why should she kill me now when she can just wait a couple years and be on easy street?  She's patient sometimes ...

Hey, at about 63 years old, she still looks OK.  She's the short one in the middle, with a bag of money around her waist.  555.

image.jpeg.c571c10794f37471c47877f7947bb8af.jpeg

30 years ago ...

image.jpeg.5427dbf33feb89b70f535841ae1d5166.jpeg

She is not 63!!! 

If she's 63 everyone else in the picture has to be at lease 205

19 minutes ago, neeray said:

Only a fool would trust his/her partner 100% (or anybody else in the world for that matter).

Zero mistrust can be equated to "really don't care". Humans are humans, too much trust can be taken advantage of all too easily (and too often is).

To each their own.

... and it works both ways, plenty of untrustworthy males in every country.

6 hours ago, balo said:

The hold hands thingy you are 100% correct, usually it happens until you are locked in. its a way to show other contenders  "back off his mine". Afterwards they wouldnt be caught dead,  I sometimes do it just to watch my misses squirm it passes the afternoon.

30 minutes ago, Csaw said:

She is not 63!!! 

If she's 63 everyone else in the picture has to be at lease 205

Oh, yes, she is, as far as we know. 

Documents say she's 60, but we had to, uh, bend things a bit to fit the narrative way back when.  Our first son in the second pic was born in 1984 and that pic was maybe 1986/7.   We married in 1978 and she wasn't a baby. 

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Agree, and why would / should Pattaya be mentioned?

Where folks meet is not important and Thailand is much bigger than Pattaya. 

Surely its important where you meet your wife.  You would not advise looking for that faithful loving future wife in a Pattaya brothel / bar would you ? You would not marry or even think about sending money to a pro in your home country would you ? So it is important where you meet.

1 minute ago, brling said:

Surely its important where you meet your wife.  You would not advise looking for that faithful loving future wife in a Pattaya brothel / bar would you ? You would not marry or even think about sending money to a pro in your home country would you ? So it is important where you meet.

Of course it isn’t important.

Some of the biggest whores work in profession jobs.

If you directlycompare a home country prostitute with, say Thai bar workers,  it shows how little you understand.

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

If you directlycompare a home country prostitute with, say Thai bar workers,  it shows how little you understand.

No it shows how little you understand ie "very naive", and what is this PC nonsense "BAR WORKERS"

Archived