Insurance

overherebc

As I've only had 3rd party insurance for my car ( it's too old ? )

I'm not sure of the following.

Friend asked last night and I don't know the correct answer.

He has been told that he has to have two certificates for his car insurance.

1.  1 for 3rd party.

2.  1 for 1st Class.

I would have thought 1st Class is what we call Fully Comprehensive in UK meaning includes 3rd party cover.

Confused I am ??

Sorry, shouldn't be in Trip Reports.

There is an obligatory government insurance, costing about THB 600 I think. Everybody has that. No govenment insurance = no tax sticker for your car.

In addition you can get your first or second class insurance with a private company.

22 hours ago, cooked said:

There is an obligatory government insurance, costing about THB 600 I think. Everybody has that. No govenment insurance = no tax sticker for your car.

In addition you can get your first or second class insurance with a private company.

"In addition you can get your first or second class insurance with a private company."

Compulsory insurance is really limited, a good 3rd party insurance would be recommended on top of the compulsory. So I'd say 'In addition you can get your first, second or 3rd class insurance with a private company.'

On 9/20/2018 at 11:25 AM, overherebc said:

I would have thought 1st Class is what we call Fully Comprehensive in UK meaning includes 3rd party cover.

It's not a third party insurance because it only covers medical costs, it's compulsary and it's called "por ror bor" http://www.rvp.co.th/

On my first class insurance policy they wrote in big red letters "does not include por ror bor". The "por ror bor" policy was purchased extra and i have another insurance policy for it

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

It's not a third party insurance because it only covers medical costs, it's compulsary and it's called "por ror bor" http://www.rvp.co.th/

On my first class insurance policy they wrote in big red letters "does not include por ror bor". The "por ror bor" policy was purchased extra and i have another insurance policy for it

The confusion arises because some call it third party and not gov' compulsory insurance as you say.

Archived