Visa extension while holding two work permits for different provinces

Last year I had a bit of a problem in getting a one-year extension at Immigration because I had one work permit for a government job in Bangkok and another work permit for a company in Nontaburi.  (Before I could get it resolved, my mother died so I had to quickly leave the country anyway.)

Have you heard any more recent clarification on this type of situation?

You don't have to show both work permits to apply for the extension.

Just apply for the extension for the job that would be easier to do.

I would guess applying for the one that is a government job would be best since it probably does not require as much paperwork and has no minimum salary requirement.

When applying for an extension based upon working you normally have to apply in the province where you are working.

5 minutes ago, Cutty Shark said:

I appreciate the advice; however, both work permits are contained in a single book.

That is one work permit with a 2nd employer shown in it.

In that case the extension would need to be for the employer that sponsored the work permit the 2nd job is in.

3 minutes ago, Cutty Shark said:

The first permit (government job) pays the full amount needed.

If that is the job that got the work permit book you have that is the one you would use to apply for the extension.

The other job in the work permit book does not have to meet the requirements for the extension.

20 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

I believe there has been a recent announcement of a change in the law so that if you have a current valid work permit for one job, you can change/add employer(s) without getting a new work permit.

There have only been news articles about it. The procedures and how exactly it will be done has not been clarified yet.