Chinese tourists ignoring Prayut! Still feeding the pigeons

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

So....what's the real issue here?

That while no effort is spared to maintain centralised, caste dominated control of political thought/activity/direction, in the case of everyday, sustained social benefit to the general population it is "all talk and no trousers"?

Because those who are in control of the government are in no way accountable to the general population?

4 minutes ago, Enoon said:

That while no effort is spared to maintain centralised, caste dominated control of political thought/activity/direction, in the case of everyday, sustained social benefit to the general population it is "all talk and no trousers"?

Because those who are in control of the government are in no way accountable to the general population?

Possibly..a bit stern..somewhat harsh..a tad trenchant..slightly acidic..moderately jaundiced-but about right ?

11 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Yet, the general population functions independently everyday, quite nicely - as they have forever.

Again - what are the Farang invented issues?

14 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Incidentally, who sells the bird feed to the Chinese?

An interesting question. Only a few involved, which is abnormal here because once something is fairly lucrative with guaranteed customers , normally everyone is at it.

So it must be an absolute no no for anyone to encroach on their territory.

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

The Chinese again.

They've stuffed the pigeons..

Sunk the boats..

Bought up all the Mama noodles..

What else  do they want?

Stuffed pigeon. A few herbs butter and lemon inside. Couple of rashers of smoky bacon on top and stick in the weber until cooked through and tender.

12 hours ago, kannot said:

Thais are the  biggest culprits BY FAR, they "lovingly" feed the mangy soi  dogs, that same  food  also gets  eaten by the rats and flying rats ( pigeons)

They are becoming a serious  issue  now throughout the whole of Thailand  even in the countryside by me, I only wish my Air ARms TX200 air  rifle  was legal here, pigeons shit  like crazy and it aint small, take the paint off your car and  will happily  roost in your aircon area, filthy things should be wiped out along with the morons who feed them.

Come on , don’t hold back.  Tell us what you really think ?

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Continuing to buy bird feed for the pigeons at Chiang Mai’s Tha Phae Gate, Chinese tourists were on Friday unwittingly defying a prime minister’s order prompted by concern over disease being spread.

Post a couple of tourist police at Thapae gate.  Warn the Chinese tourists and arrest the bird food sellers.  It's an enforcement issue at this point.  Prayut and his boyz either need to enforce or stop the whining.  This doesn't go away on its own.  Just install a permanent tourist police booth in the square and get out and walk a beat.  They're tourist police - they need to be more visible in heavy tourist areas anyway.

34 minutes ago, connda said:

Post a couple of tourist police at Thapae gate.  Warn the Chinese tourists and arrest the bird food sellers.  It's an enforcement issue at this point.  Prayut and his boyz either need to enforce or stop the whining.  This doesn't go away on its own.  Just install a permanent tourist police booth in the square and get out and walk a beat.  They're tourist police - they need to be more visible in heavy tourist areas anyway.

I thought there was a tourist police office at Thapae Gate.  

Just fine and ban the Thai guys that have the couple of bird food stalls there.  Problem over.

But, that requires someone to do something, and maybe loss of face.... so they just gripe and moan about it and do nothing as usual as they don't want to cause any upset.

Anyway, to me the street dog problem and rat problem are far worse and worthy of more concern and action than some pigeons.  After all, I never heard of a pack of pigeons killing a child or savaging some passer by, and I recon the diseases spread by the rats (which are far more numerous than the pigeons) are much more dangerous to human health.  

Of all the problems in the country a simple solution to the pigeon problem can't be found or there is no will to do it.

Driving past the other day there were at least 50 people feeding birds.Imagine you come for a holiday and pigeon feeding is a highlight with of course countless selfies.World has gone mad.

2 hours ago, happy chappie said:

The sign don't feed the birds is in Thai,there are Thais selling/pushing the sale of bird feed.why blame the tourists who probably think it is ok to feed them.people around the world feed birds in parks and home gardens not just the chinese.

There used to be a sign in Chinese, maybe they hid it !

2 hours ago, happy chappie said:

The sign don't feed the birds is in Thai,there are Thais selling/pushing the sale of bird feed.why blame the tourists who probably think it is ok to feed them.people around the world feed birds in parks and home gardens not just the chinese.

The birds just think the signs are for sitting on and crapping from as the bird at the very bottom is probably about to find out off his buddy above .. 

IMG_20180922_065741.jpg

On 9/22/2018 at 9:59 AM, Samuel Smith said:

I thought there was a tourist police office at Thapae Gate.  

I go past Thapae Gate about twice a month.  I see loads of Chinese tourist, loads of pigeons, bird-food hawkers on the peripheries, and no BIB anywhere in sight. That's the norm. 

If they are serious about getting rid of pigeons, then they need cops walking a beat in the center of the tourists and the birds all day until the hawkers disband, feeding stops, and the birds relocate. 

Pigeons ...well, it would take to much space on TV to explain everything. Here is the link for anyone interested in the particular world wide problem and I have a humble wish that PM would have the time ( and ability) to read it before spouting cleaver ideas. https://www.pigeoncontrolresourcecentre.org/html/reducing-pigeon-numbers-in-towns.html  enjoy the reading ?

Archived