Hua Hin Beach Gets 1St Shark Net In Thailand

webfact

Hua Hin Beach Gets 1St Shark Net In Thailand

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

792D93BF-D5FE-48C0-BA22-140669A5A441-696

HUA HIN — Tourists can now swim without being paranoid about unexpected marine carnivores.

Five months after a shark bit a man at a usually quiet stretch of sand in Hua Hin, the installation of buoys to keep the creatures away was completed Thursday on Sai Noi Beach.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/09/21/hua-hin-beach-gets-1st-shark-net-in-thailand/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-09-21

oh oh.... Rubbish collecting net. Could be safer swimming with sharks.

would be great if they could install some big filters for the water. Was at huahin with the fam a couple weeks ago and all i could smell was a cross between old fried food and sewage.

I love the beach and swiming and such but i wouldnt dare go in.

Apparently on its first day of deployment it has already caught 3 loan sharks and as yet an identified brown envelope full of baht.  The assumption is that the sticky label addressed to the Marina Department may have become detached in the water.

EA classic example of a knee-jerk reaction inspired by a total lack of researChinese and a wealth of profound ignorance.

Will be interesting to see if this leads to a  concentration of lethal box jellies within the netted area.

Pity the guinea pig tourist to finds out.

Archived