"I didn't intend to do this", says brother after stabbing his sister multiple times. "I meant to electrocute her"

webfact

"I didn't intend to do this", says brother after stabbing his sister multiple times. "I meant to electrocute her"

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUwMi83NTEzOTEwL25ld3MxNS5qcGc=.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A Sa Kaew man waited calmly for the police to arrive after murdering his younger sister. 

He handed over the murder weapon and admitted stabbing her dozens of times in the chest and neck. 

Then he surprised investigators with a chilling statement:

"I didn't mean for it to end like this," he said in a matter of fact manner. "My intention was to electrocute her while she was taking a bath". 

Minutes early a whole posse of officials including Khok Soong police, the district chief, kamnan and phu yai ban had joined with rescue medics in descending on a house in Sa Kaew by a banana plantation.

Fifty three year old Somneuk was waiting with a bloodstained knife to give himself up. 

Dead was Urai, 47, his sister who was dressed in a white nightdress.

The house was one of three inhabited by different members of the same family in one two rai compound. Somneuk and his sister's families lived in different houses. 

The pair had had arguments over money but, according to Somneuk, the final straw came when he said that his sister proposed building a wall that would have denied him access to his own house. 

Urai had been out to eat pork BBQ with her children then had a bath and prepared for bed. But her elder brother came over to confront her and then the trouble really started. 

Somneuk admitted everything saying that following the murder he called 191 and waited. 

Then came the chilling admission that he never planned to stab her to death.

He actually meant to electrocute her in the bath. 

He was taken away for further questioning, reported Sanook. 

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-21

46 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

Oh you meant to electrocute her not stab, well that's ok then.

It certainly seems that there is a disproportionate number of bloody lunatics around here...I wonder how the per capita ratio compares to elsewhere?

About the same i guess, but in tropical climates people seem to be more 'extroverted'

2 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

I can see he needs a lot of help.

I agree, but unfortunately, the help available for mental patients in Thailand is close to nothing. They'll get sedative drugs and have to stay for a couple of months in the hospital bed. No help really.

On 9/22/2018 at 11:40 AM, Catkiwi said:

Oh you meant to electrocute her not stab, well that's ok then.

It certainly seems that there is a disproportionate number of bloody lunatics around here...I wonder how the per capita ratio compares to elsewhere?

In other countries? -Unfavourably; Thailand has a high murder rate that doesn't get mentioned much as its mostly Thai on Thai. And amongst the underclass / poor Thais. Add to the fact that there is not much provision for mentally-ill people here also.

Archived