Need Recommendation: Apartments Nearby MRT Ram 9

Hey there, I will be soon arriving to Bangkok for work but my new employer is not providing any stay, so I need to arrange that on my own.

I used to work in Bangkok before and stayed in a serviced apartment in Sukumvit 22, my old office was at a walk able distance (Near Benchakiti Park) which I liked. Although, my new office is near MTR Ram 9/Culture center but I am not really familiar with that area. Will really appreciate any help on the following points.

• How friendly and safe is the place nearby MRT Ram 9/Culture center
  • Should I consider staying near some other MRT and travel here daily? If rent is significantly high in this area.
  • If I stay in Sukumvit 22 where I used to stay before and travel by road daily (Taxi Bike), how recommended will that be.too much traffic?
  • What is the average cost of serviced apartment with all furniture and other stuff near MRT Ram 9/Culture center?
  • Approximately how much initial upfront cost (THB) will I need to rent an apartment here.

My budget is around 18-20K THB, will be staying with my wife.

Thanks, Frits.  Any idea about average rent in MRT rama 9 or Thailand culture center? I am planning for a 1BHK furnished apartments.

In sukumvit (my company's accommodation) they used to pay THB 35K for a 2BHK serviced apartment. Although I found their utility bill to be very high during that time

Archived