BANGKOK 19 February 2019 07:14
Easy Come Easy Go

Post Office Problems

I have never really had issues with receiving mail from over seas since being here from 2010, but recently I have. There have been 3 separate packages from abroad that haven't arrived here, all of which didn't have tracking (2 of those were not my choice) 
I've gone to the post office who have said they cannot do anything about it without a tracking number, so what can I actually do? It seems that someone is taking my mail and it's really frustrating seeng as I now don't have peace of mind to get anything sent to me anymore. I live in Hua Hin btw

Edited by Easy Come Easy Go

10 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

2 things

First the sender has to initiate if there is a problem not the receiver.

Second, in my experience,, the issue is often the Postman not the Post Office. Get yourself a PO Box at the local office and I doubt you will have any issues in future.

PO box, great idea thanks! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

500baht per yr. Worth every baht for peace of mind. ?

Can you have your home address on a PO box.  For Social Security and other government checks. 

5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Can you have your home address on a PO box.  For Social Security and other government checks. 

Discuss with your local office .

As with most things in Thailand things may vary from area to area etc.

I find thailand post very reliable but as Charlie said , postman is a different story.

once I had package from abroad with tracking showing as delivered but it was not.

It even showed a name of person who signed for it

callled 1545, they asked to send an email with parcel value , content and confirmation it was not received and no one by the name that signed lived at my address .

2 days later my parcel arrived.

Moral of the story is call 1545 and lodge a complaint. But keep in mind also some parcels may have been stoped or seized by customs 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 9:37 AM, marcusarelus said:

Have Govt. change your address to a P.O. box. I lived in a town where everyone had a P.O. box because no home delivery. SS check arrived every month. 

20 hours ago, ajarnmarc said:

At least the post office is more reliable than Fedex,

who hold every package shipped from abroad as ransom for the receiver to pay whatever fee they demand.

Sender doesn't seem to be able to do anything about it. 

Fedex completely unresponsive,

just repeat the fee,

and if not pay,

then it goes up each day of delayed payment.

Hopeless situation...

Never again will we use Fedex service.

Other major carriers are about the same, 

but at least less demanding, 

and still provide the option of return to sender, 

while Fedex will not return, 

either pay or they take it for themselves.

DHL, UPS and EMS are the same. They do the clearance which is not needed, then charge you for it, then holding fees and without a fail customs tax

My local postman didn't deliver mail to the whole area for six months. Eventually, because of the sheer number of queries, the PO investigated - and when they found the reason did nothing at all. He was six months from retirement and they felt sorry for him I suppose. His replacement did the same, no mail received. same result. Now we are on postman number three, who delivers mail once a week or so instead of monthly. But in 18 months we have probably received no more than three bills or receipts from True and CAT, Amex bills have not arrived and a letter from my UK didn't arrive either and nearly resulted in my losing the account. Everyone just shrugs their shoulders, because they don't really care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Post Office customer service ? Any outgoing packages are none of their business. Any incoming or missing packages enquiries, Will get back to you as🤔p.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Khun Tae said:

Post Office customer service ? Any outgoing packages are none of their business. Any incoming or missing packages enquiries, Will get back to you as🤔p.

International Outgoing packages need to be vetted by PO staff by law and the sender must present a passport or ID doc.

Some banks won't accept an address including a PO box number.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 9/24/2018 at 7:09 PM, cooked said:

Some banks won't accept an address including a PO box number.
Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Is this Thai banks, foreign banks, or both?