Post Office Problems

Easy Come Easy Go

I have never really had issues with receiving mail from over seas since being here from 2010, but recently I have. There have been 3 separate packages from abroad that haven't arrived here, all of which didn't have tracking (2 of those were not my choice) 
I've gone to the post office who have said they cannot do anything about it without a tracking number, so what can I actually do? It seems that someone is taking my mail and it's really frustrating seeng as I now don't have peace of mind to get anything sent to me anymore. I live in Hua Hin btw

Edited by Easy Come Easy Go

10 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

2 things

First the sender has to initiate if there is a problem not the receiver.

Second, in my experience,, the issue is often the Postman not the Post Office. Get yourself a PO Box at the local office and I doubt you will have any issues in future.

PO box, great idea thanks! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Can you have your home address on a PO box.  For Social Security and other government checks. 

Discuss with your local office .

As with most things in Thailand things may vary from area to area etc.

I find thailand post very reliable but as Charlie said , postman is a different story.

once I had package from abroad with tracking showing as delivered but it was not.

It even showed a name of person who signed for it

callled 1545, they asked to send an email with parcel value , content and confirmation it was not received and no one by the name that signed lived at my address .

2 days later my parcel arrived.

Moral of the story is call 1545 and lodge a complaint. But keep in mind also some parcels may have been stoped or seized by customs 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 9:37 AM, marcusarelus said:

Can you have your home address on a PO box.  For Social Security and other government checks. 

Have Govt. change your address to a P.O. box. I lived in a town where everyone had a P.O. box because no home delivery. SS check arrived every month. 

20 hours ago, ajarnmarc said:

At least the post office is more reliable than Fedex,

who hold every package shipped from abroad as ransom for the receiver to pay whatever fee they demand.

Sender doesn't seem to be able to do anything about it. 

Fedex completely unresponsive,

just repeat the fee,

and if not pay,

then it goes up each day of delayed payment.

Hopeless situation...

Never again will we use Fedex service.

Other major carriers are about the same, 

but at least less demanding, 

and still provide the option of return to sender, 

while Fedex will not return, 

either pay or they take it for themselves.

DHL, UPS and EMS are the same. They do the clearance which is not needed, then charge you for it, then holding fees and without a fail customs tax

My local postman didn't deliver mail to the whole area for six months. Eventually, because of the sheer number of queries, the PO investigated - and when they found the reason did nothing at all. He was six months from retirement and they felt sorry for him I suppose. His replacement did the same, no mail received. same result. Now we are on postman number three, who delivers mail once a week or so instead of monthly. But in 18 months we have probably received no more than three bills or receipts from True and CAT, Amex bills have not arrived and a letter from my UK didn't arrive either and nearly resulted in my losing the account. Everyone just shrugs their shoulders, because they don't really care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Khun Tae said:

Post Office customer service ? Any outgoing packages are none of their business. Any incoming or missing packages enquiries, Will get back to you as????p.

International Outgoing packages need to be vetted by PO staff by law and the sender must present a passport or ID doc.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, CharlieH said:

Get yourself a PO Box at the local office and I doubt you will have any issues in future.

Because I didn't receive all my mails, I got a PO Box in two different places; it's better than before, but there are still some mails that I don't receive

now, here, they know me, so the problem is between Bangkok and my home 

all in all, I don't trust Thai post very much  (50 %); very good for sms and registered but not for normal mails  

• 3 months later...

USPS is not very speedy . I am waiting for a small letter size package to come from Stone Mountain Georgia , I have tracking , and it was sent from Stone Mountain on the 7th.Jan. Now 7 days later it is sitting in Itasca Illinois.  

I got myself the PO box a couple of months ago, great decision. I was able to purchase a 1st edition book without worrying if the pesky mailman would steal it. 
I have been sending things back home to England for Christmas last month, and I sent tracking items, but not the most expensive choice, and things arrived within 5-7 days which is really quite fast 

1 hour ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

I got myself the PO box a couple of months ago, great decision. I was able to purchase a 1st edition book without worrying if the pesky mailman would steal it. 
I have been sending things back home to England for Christmas last month, and I sent tracking items, but not the most expensive choice, and things arrived within 5-7 days which is really quite fast 

And what guarantee is there that mail will actually get as far as the PO box before it goes missing? I'm talking about ordinary mail, such as bills. We never, ever receive bills that are sent and simply go to whoever and ask how much is owing and pay it. Pathetic.

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And what guarantee is there that mail will actually get as far as the PO box before it goes missing? I'm talking about ordinary mail, such as bills. We never, ever receive bills that are sent and simply go to whoever and ask how much is owing and pay it. Pathetic.

You don't receive bills? The only bill I get is the water and electricity bill, which is slipped into the mailbox every month. I don't have any other bills to pay 

10 hours ago, lungbing said:

Internet is the only bill I get.  Water and electricity are paid by direct debit and I get the receipts monthly.

My wife tried to set up DD for both our tv and internet bills, filled in the forms, and then - nothing. Neither actually processed it. The companies blamed the bank, the bank blamed the companies. Like hitting your head against a brick wall. Unable to set up DD, unable to get mail. And when I set up an account with Lazada and a refund was needed, they were unable to activate a 'wallet' for my refund and had to pay it directly to my bank (which actually was better). I have no idea how this country functions, because whatever I try to accomplish ends in a dead end or takes 10 times as long to do as it would in a country that isn't run with people with a mental age of 10.

• 5 weeks later...

My mum sent 2 parcels from England before Christmas,  mainly presents for my 4 year old daughter. Unfortunately she didn't pay extra for them to be tracked. Neither has turned up and they were sent 2 months ago. The total cost with postage and presents was about £200 ( the postage was still really expensive even without tracking)  

We live in Hua Hin as well. I have been to the post office,  we have proof of posting receipt ( my mum sent me)  but this is not enough,  so who knows where they are. You feel like someone has stolen from a young child.  But we have no proof if it was taken / disappeared in The UK or Thailand. Very disappointing situation for my family.

11 minutes ago, fabman5 said:

My mum sent 2 parcels from England before Christmas,  mainly presents for my 4 year old daughter. Unfortunately she didn't pay extra for them to be tracked. Neither has turned up and they were sent 2 months ago. The total cost with postage and presents was about £200 ( the postage was still really expensive even without tracking)  

We live in Hua Hin as well. I have been to the post office,  we have proof of posting receipt ( my mum sent me)  but this is not enough,  so who knows where they are. You feel like someone has stolen from a young child.  But we have no proof if it was taken / disappeared in The UK or Thailand. Very disappointing situation for my family.

It is up to the sender to initiate any investigation. Your mother needs to report the issue/loss to Royal Mail. 

4 hours ago, fabman5 said:

It took 3 months for an airmailed birthday card from Brighton ( normally goes through Gatwick ) ( sent early October arrived end of December ) from UK to arrive to me south of Khon Kaen.     Bank staements and pension details are often taking a month to arrive here.     In the reverse Thailand to UK about 5 - 7 days.