Post Office Problems

Easy Come Easy Go

20 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I sent a letter to the UK by EMS and was able to track it. It spent an entire week at Swampy airport before being sent on.

To quote a Tom Jones song "it's not unusual."

I occasionally send letters/parcels to the UK and also Finland. I always use EMS to prevent them being 'lost'.

I must have sent over a dozen items, and every single time there is that pause while they have a nap at Swampy  - anything from a couple of days to over a week.

I called the Post Office about it once, they claimed it was probably due to 'waiting for a flight'. There are multiple daily flights to both destinations.

The Post Office said it needed to be "over two weeks before they could investigate."

Edited by bluesofa
misprit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

Bank staements and pension details are often taking a month to arrive here. 

I wonder whether delays of this sort might have something to do with the fact that official correspondence sent from the UK usually, in my experience, seems to travel to Thailand the pretty way via Belgium or Germany according to postmarks on the envelope, for some ridiculous reason.

On 9/22/2018 at 9:19 AM, CharlieH said:

2 things

First the sender has to initiate if there is a problem not the receiver.

Second, in my experience,, the issue is often the Postman not the Post Office. Get yourself a PO Box at the local office and I doubt you will have any issues in future.

Not a panacea for all ills. A while ago my issues where precisely because I had local PO Box.