holiday visa to australia

hi all 

my girlfriend and i are planing to go to australia together it will be her first time 

we plan on going to the embassy in bangkok and applying there for her visa 

(3 month ) just after some advice on what we need to take  with us

or an easier way 

thank you 

Look online, download the form, fill it in, contact VFS. 

If you have enough money load up your GF's bank account and get a bank statement, get bank statements for yourself, banks in Thailand and Oz, if you own your own home in Oz have a copy of the title, if not have a letter of invitation from a friend or reli who will provide accommodation, with the application include some photos of you both together (not in bars with you drinking and her sitting on your lap wearing a bikini) as photos show a lot about your relationship....all of this is bloody absurd just to get a tourist visa but your TGF only has all the other Thai GFs who came before her to blame as they screwed it all up for whoever follows.

Good luck, I hope you get the visa and have an enjoyable 3-months holiday in Oz.

Don't dump money into your GF's bank account.

It won't help and will more likely be detrimental to the application.

No need either for house titles and invitations either.

Just advise you will be paying for the trip and include a payslip, group certificate

or bank statement.

It's pretty straight forwards to get a tourist visa.

41 minutes ago, TSF said:

If you have enough money load up your GF's bank account and get a bank statement, get bank statements for yourself, banks in Thailand and Oz, if you own your own home in Oz have a copy of the title

This is the worst advice you can give, there is no need to do this and doing so will just lead to a refusal.

If she is genuinely your girlfriend just state the facts, lying about it will just lead to trouble in the future. 

I suggest you read the Australian tourist visa sticky on this forum as it answers a lot of your questions, if you still have questions after reading that post and I and maybe some others will be more than happy to help. 

My GF was refused a Canadian tourist visa.
She has a good job, a house, money in the bank,a 10 year old child, an invitation letter from my bro’s family, a traveling companion (me) to cover expenses and accommodations.
They would not even grant an interview. Go figure. They cost the CDN economy about 10k in tourist spending.
Big complaints to govt on my next trip there.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Don't dump money into your GF's bank account.

It won't help and will more likely be detrimental to the application.

No need either for house titles and invitations either.

Just advise you will be paying for the trip and include a payslip, group certificate

or bank statement.

It's pretty straight forwards to get a tourist visa.

Complete rubbish. I can speak from personal experience.

The OP's girlfriend has to demonstrate adequate finances, employment in Thailand, and family ties. I included bank statements indicating a balance of quarter of a million dollars cash. The application was refused. About $1500 later through a migration lawyer the second application for a tourist visa was approved.

I'd suggest to the OP - take your girl friend somewhere else. Australia does not deserve tourists. The system is overpriced and corrupt.

38 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Complete rubbish. I can speak from personal experience.

The OP's girlfriend has to demonstrate adequate finances, employment in Thailand, and family ties. I included bank statements indicating a balance of quarter of a million dollars cash. The application was refused. About $1500 later through a migration lawyer the second application for a tourist visa was approved.

I'd suggest to the OP - take your girl friend somewhere else. Australia does not deserve tourists. The system is overpriced and corrupt.

So one person gets refused and it's a corrupt and overpriced system?

I'm pretty sure the refusal for tourist visas is around 5%

Overpriced,It's about $140 for an application.

Where's your evidence of corruption?

The applicant doesn't have to have employment or finances although having these is obviously a benefit.

They applicant can be sponsored by someone else.

Reasons to return to Thailand is a big issue.

You were stung $1500 by a Migration Agent for a tourist visa.

TBH, sounds to me like you put in a poor application to start with and now just want to whinge about the system.

24 minutes ago, Will27 said:

So one person gets refused and it's a corrupt and overpriced system?

I'm pretty sure the refusal for tourist visas is around 5%

Overpriced,It's about $140 for an application.

Where's your evidence of corruption?

The applicant doesn't have to have employment or finances although having these is obviously a benefit.

They applicant can be sponsored by someone else.

Reasons to return to Thailand is a big issue.

You were stung $1500 by a Migration Agent for a tourist visa.

TBH, sounds to me like you put in a poor application to start with and now just want to whinge about the system.

Oh, come on. Surely you can't be that naive. How many Thais and other Asian nationalities are in Australia as sex workers? It's common knowledge $10K for a visa will have a good-looking Asian earning good money in the sex industry in Australia.

You have migration agents guaranteeing 100% success. How do you think they would be able to do that without some money changing hands.

You may be right about the application. However, you have changed your tune somewhat by now referring to reasons to return as being important, where you previously stated a tourist visa was simple.

My understanding is more than 30% of first applications are rejected.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Oh, come on. Surely you can't be that naive. How many Thais and other Asian nationalities are in Australia as sex workers? It's common knowledge $10K for a visa will have a good-looking Asian earning good money in the sex industry in Australia.

You have migration agents guaranteeing 100% success. How do you think they would be able to do that without some money changing hands.

You may be right about the application. However, you have changed your tune somewhat by now referring to reasons to return as being important, where you previously stated a tourist visa was simple.

My understanding is more than 30% of first applications are rejected.

The vast majority of Asian sex workers are on student visas where they're allowed to work.

A lot are also permanent residents.

Agents will guarantees 100% success or refund your money back.

They usually want to look at circumstances as well.

You can't get a much more simple application than a tourist visa.

Your understanding is way off.

Let's agree to disagree.

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

The vast majority of Asian sex workers are on student visas where they're allowed to work.

A lot are also permanent residents.

Agents will guarantees 100% success or refund your money back.

They usually want to look at circumstances as well.

You can't get a much more simple application than a tourist visa.

Your understanding is way off.

Let's agree to disagree.

Fine by me. As you might have gathered, I was very unhappy with the process. I got a polite brushoff from the Consulate when I appealed to common sense. Too busy attending Embassy parties to concern themselves with the people whose taxes pay for their plush lodgings and salaries.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived