Vigilante justice! Man who led seven year old away to buy toys beaten unconscious

rooster59

Vigilante justice! Man who led seven year old away to buy toys beaten unconscious

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUwMi83NTE0OTkwL3N2ZGZkLmpwZw==.jpg

Image: Sanook

Police called to an area near Tesco Lotus in Samut Songkhram found a 35 year old man who had been punched unconscious after relatives of a 7 year old girl caught him taking her to buy things at the store.

Chelermchai, 35, had lured "Maprang" from the parking lot of a temple one kilometer away. 

He was admitted to hospital and now faces years behind bars for luring the child away. He had just come out of jail after committing arson.

Mother Ladda,36, said she was working selling smoothies in the parking area of Wat Petch Samut Worawiharn when her daughter asked to go and buy sweets at a nearby convenience store. 

But she didn't return and relatives immediately searched the wider area to try and locate her. 

They found her at Lotus with Chalermchai and attacked him.

He had apparently lured the little girl away with promises of toys, shoes and a new phone. 

Ladda told Pol Capt Achanat Chaiyayo of Muang Samut Songkhram police that she knew Chalermchai from her secondary school days but had not seen him for years. 

"I dread to think what would have happened to my little girl if my relatives had not found her in time," she said. 

Police said that the suspect had been in drug rehab and had then committed arson in Bangkok for which he was jailed for two years.

He had only been out of jail for a month and had returned to his Mae Klong hometown area just a week ago. 

He faces three to five years and a fine of 60,000 to 300,000 baht for luring the child away.

No mention was made in the Sanook story about any charges against the relatives for taking the law into their own hands. 

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-22

16 minutes ago, rooster59 said:
No mention was made in the Sanook story about any charges against the relatives for taking the law into their own hands

Sounds fair enough to me. Shame they didn't get a bit longer with him before the cops turned up.

20 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

20 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

He was admitted to hospital and now faces years behind bars for luring the child away.

One can only hope he gets a similar reception at the jail.

I agree with the instant justice but I also admonish the parents for letting their 7 year old daughter go off on her own. In our current society, never let your children out of sight. Before you know it, they are GONE, tape on mouth, into a van, never to be seen again. Would you let 100,000,000 Baht out of your sight? I don't think so, why a Priceless 7 year old daughter or son.

14 hours ago, Rhys said:

... now these are the dudes that need to visit those high school punks for raping that little 4 year girl...

These and a dozen more. Out amongst the rubber trees, far from any cops. If the system can't service justice, then let the people do it.

Did this guy have any ill intentions though ?

I am not saying whether he did or not .

He just went to the shops with a girl whom he knew and was familiar with .

The Parents were informed that the girl was going to the shops .

If the guy had any ill intentions , then he deserved all he got and more

Maybe he just wanted go to  the shop and she went  with him ?

I think you're being a little too generous (or naïve). The story indicates that the mother knew him from years ago, does not indicate a "family friend" of sorts.

Besides, wanting to buy her "toys, shoes and a new phone" is quite grandiose for a man that had only been out of jail for a month. Perhaps jail pays more than I thought !

On 9/23/2018 at 8:16 AM, sanemax said:

Did this guy have any ill intentions though ?

I am not saying whether he did or not .

He just went to the shops with a girl whom he knew and was familiar with .

The Parents were informed that the girl was going to the shops .

If the guy had any ill intentions , then he deserved all he got and more

Maybe he just wanted go to  the shop and she went  with him ?

It is entirely possible but in today's world it is extremely foolish to go anywhere near kids. I remember a decade ago I would often give kids 20 baht for sweets but not anymore. Letting kids into my swimming pool?  no chance!

This guy had no record of this type of offence?  was he seen molesting?  I'm not sure taking a kid he knows into a sweet shop demands him being beat to a pulp. 

Archived