Huge storm heading to Pattaya

johng

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

Just left us now, worst one in the 6 six years I've been here. Lots of rain and big bangs.

Right now sitting on the 7th floor of the Amari hotel and it does look like it has moved on towards Rayong. Great lightening display but not so much rain, here at least.

4 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

Right now sitting on the 7th floor of the Amari hotel and it does look like it has moved on towards Rayong. Great lightening display but not so much rain, here at least.

I am up the hill on the 332 inbetween Sattahip and Bangsare, it left us about one hour ago, can still hear the rumbles from the thunder. As I said more rain than I can remember, I guess Pattaya has got away with it by the sound of it, unless they get the water running down from the surrounding hills.

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

I am up the hill on the 332 inbetween Sattahip and Bangsare, it left us about one hour ago, can still hear the rumbles from the thunder. As I said more rain than I can remember, I guess Pattaya has got away with it by the sound of it, unless they get the water running down from the surrounding hills.

Very short shower of low to medium intensity and a bit of follow on (some current drizzle) in Central/North Pattaya - couple of loud/bright local lightening flashes but more a storm in a tea cup here so far :smile:

22 hours ago, johng said:

Oh well.... maybe I'm the "reverse" Michael Fish !  ?

Not that bad, at least you were only 24 hours out. Thunder, lightning and heavy rain for the last hour, looking at the radar, it looks like there's more to come.

On 9/22/2018 at 2:41 AM, Esso49 said:

again

Again?  The water washes it out where they put in troughs in the walkway and have therefore planned for it to get washed out in those locations.  They simply fill it back in with sand in those locations.  Sometimes within a day or two.

Archived