Koh Tao alleged rape investigation: Big Joke says woman investigator to be sent to England

webfact

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Having a female officer interview female sexual assault and rape victims is in fact standard good practice, internationally, and quite important. Even if a male officer is empathetic and fully understands how traumatic these things are from a female victim;s perspective (often not the case, especially in Thailand), a victim will feel much more comfortable with talking to another woman.

For years advocacy groups in Thailand have been pushing to have this be universal practice in Thailand as well.

The recent decision not to accept female cadets into police training will, of course, make that increasingly hard top put into practice.

A point well made again by you which was put down last time by the sceptics but now seems to have been taken into consideration by the Authorities. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they are only selecting a female candidate this week, how are they handling the imminently-expiring Thai statute of limitations of filing the rape charge? I recall reading in threads related to this incident that 3 months is the maximum that applies here. The alleged rape was on or about 'the night of 25th June' so the clock is ticking quite loudly now.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

If they are only selecting a female candidate this week, how are they handling the imminently-expiring Thai statute of limitations of filing the rape charge? I recall reading in threads related to this incident that 3 months is the maximum that applies here. The alleged rape was on or about 'the night of 25th June' so the clock is ticking quite loudly now.

is there anyway you think that could be extended under special circumstances or perhaps she has filed with uk police and the thais have accepted that as the date of report?

no idea, just a question

Its not considered a nice thing to interview a potential Rape victim in a pair of size 12 Army boots, with an attitude to match.

Sensitivity and a certain amount of compassion and consideration are the order of the day in the civilised world, and I very much doubt hat a female interviewer from Thailand will make much difference to that.

Welcome to the Developed worlds way Mr Joke.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a load of BS, big joke wont go, sending a woman to take the fall, bloody coward.

If they can prove no rape took place the joke will step forward and grab the credit, saying i was correct in what i said.

Now if it goes the other way, he will have a scapegoat.

you muppets were all screaming murder when it was reported that he would fly to the UK and people suggested that to interview a female rape victim they should send a female officer. Now you cry that he is hiding behind a female officer.  proper circus. 

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

A point well made again by you which was put down last time by the sceptics but now seems to have been taken into consideration by the Authorities. 

while the muppet show here now turns it into a "he needs a woman to take the fall for this"

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

The police can be as skeptical as they want behind the scenes. But in front of alleged victims, the public and press, they have to take all rape allegations very seriously and they have to be very sensitive on how they deal with allegations. It’s called professionalism. 

is that what it's called. well don't expect too much of that. no offence to the rtp but i can't remember the last time i used professionalism and rtp in the same sentence. by the way it looks to me as though they are taking it seriously.

i'm not going round in circles on the circumstances as no one really knows since she hasn't provided an account of what happened to the police so will wait for the interview to take place and see what she says.

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

is that what it's called. well don't expect too much of that. no offence to the rtp but i can't remember the last time i used professionalism and rtp in the same sentence. by the way it looks to me as though they are taking it seriously.

i'm not going round in circles on the circumstances as no one really knows since she hasn't provided an account of what happened to the police so will wait for the interview to take place and see what she says.

I think you can probably guess what she'll say. That's if anyone goes over to interview her. 

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I think you can probably guess what she'll say. That's if anyone goes over to interview her. 

i honestly think they will send people to the UK to interview her. we shall see though. i'm actually surprised to be honest and pleasantly so. i thought this was swept under the carpet already until this report came out today

1 hour ago, huberthammer said:

you muppets were all screaming murder when it was reported that he would fly to the UK and people suggested that to interview a female rape victim they should send a female officer. Now you cry that he is hiding behind a female officer.  proper circus. 

Not nice calling people muppets, you need your mouth washed out with soap and water,

51 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

Do you mean apart from the fact he has retracted claims he is going and admitted a female officer is going now?

missed the part that says he retracted claims he was going. you got a link seeing as you claim it's a fact?

so far all i understand is the british want a female to do the interview as is normal for rape/sex crimes in the uk.

he has not retracted anything about him going himself.

he may go but won't be allowed to interview her.

i doubt he will go but also wouldn't surprise me if he does.

again, where's this info? i haven't seen it so will appreciate the link.

"Pol Maj-Gen Surachate Hakpan -  known as Big Joke who earlier suggested that he would be travelling to England himself - said that the British Embassy and authorities in England had requested that a woman go to the UK. 

Daily News did *not comment if this all meant that Maj-Gen Surachate would not be going to the UK himself"

they didn't comment because they don't know

4 hours ago, Happy enough said:

missed the part that says he retracted claims he was going. you got a link seeing as you claim it's a fact?

so far all i understand is the british want a female to do the interview as is normal for rape/sex crimes in the uk.

he has not retracted anything about him going himself.

he may go but won't be allowed to interview her.

i doubt he will go but also wouldn't surprise me if he does.

again, where's this info? i haven't seen it so will appreciate the link.

"Pol Maj-Gen Surachate Hakpan -  known as Big Joke who earlier suggested that he would be travelling to England himself - said that the British Embassy and authorities in England had requested that a woman go to the UK. 

Daily News did *not comment if this all meant that Maj-Gen Surachate would not be going to the UK himself"

they didn't comment because they don't know

He’s not going. He has threatened to arrest/blackmail the alleged victim after he went to the wrong area of the beach and declared there was no rape. 

The investigation is now under the supervision of professionals. 

He’s not going. He has threatened to arrest/blackmail the alleged victim after he went to the wrong area of the beach and declared there was no rape. 

How are you so sure of that, then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

No where is it mentioned he isn't going.

he may have went to the wrong area of the beach because he didn't have any proper report to go on.

just going round in circles again, i'll wait to see what transpires in the next report.

13 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

No where is it mentioned he isn't going.

he may have went to the wrong area of the beach because he didn't have any proper report to go on.

just going round in circles again, i'll wait to see what transpires in the next report.

If you don't have a proper report to go on, don't go around declaring no rape happened. This is one of the many reasons the alleged victim and her family won't speak to him. The authorities would be advising her not to speak to him. 

Read ALL the reports. If he wanted to go and the alleged victim/UK authorities wanted him, he'd be there by now. He'd arrive with his little uniform all buttoned up proudly showing off his toy store insignia. 

The alleged victim wants nothing to do with him. And rightly so. He is not going. 

6 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

If you don't have a proper report to go on, don't go around declaring no rape happened. This is one of the many reasons the alleged victim and her family won't speak to him. The authorities would be advising her not to speak to him. 

Read ALL the reports. If he wanted to go and the alleged victim/UK authorities wanted him, he'd be there by now. He'd arrive with his little uniform all buttoned up proudly showing off his toy store insignia. 

The alleged victim wants nothing to do with him. And rightly so. He is not going. 

no. they just requested a female as it is normal procedure in the UK.

she made no report of rape on tao so he went on local witness statements but she or her mother went to the international press and pretty much accused the rtp as being dangerous and corrupt so she couldn't report there which begs the question why did she go there in the first place if she was so concerned.

anyway all circles. will await the next report.

you don't know he's not going and neither do you know what the girl thinks

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

no. they just requested a female as it is normal procedure in the UK.

she made no report of rape on tao but went around to the international press and pretty much accused the rtp on tao as being dangerous which begs the question why did she go there if she so concerned for her safety.

anyway all circles. will await the next report.

you don't know he's not going and neither do you know what the girl things

Okay, you wait and see if Big Joke goes when the family have specifically stated they won't have anything to do with him. Maybe you think the UK authorities will shoot themselves in the foot by convincing/forcing her into meeting him, or maybe you'll realise that's not how they do things over there. 

And by the way, she stated the island as being dangerous after the fact. Not before. Don't misrepresent what has been said. 

7 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Okay, you wait and see if Big Joke goes when the family have specifically stated they won't have anything to do with him. Maybe you think the UK authorities will shoot themselves in the foot by convincing/forcing her into meeting him, or maybe you'll realise that's not how they do things over there. 

And by the way, she stated the island as being dangerous after the fact. Not before. Don't misrepresent what has been said. 

he can go without meeting the girl, as said many times i doubt he will that doesn't mean he won't.

can't misrepresent much as not a lot has been said as it seems she failed to report the rape.

she left the island the next day and didn't report there according to her mother as it was dangerous.

after the fact? what fact is that then?

i'll wait for the next report and by the way don't tell me not to misrepresent what has been said when you're are just posting assumptions yourself.

Archived