Koh Tao alleged rape investigation: Big Joke says woman investigator to be sent to England

webfact

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

he can go without meeting the girl, as said many times i doubt he will that doesn't mean he won't.

can't misrepresent much as not a lot has been said as it seems she failed to report the rape.

she left the island the next day and didn't report there according to her mother as it was dangerous.

after the fact? what fact is that then?

i'll wait for the next report and by the way don't tell me not to misrepresent what has been said when you are just making assumptions.

He can go anywhere he wants as long as he has a visa. He can go to England right now and sing 'A spoonful of sugar' dressed as Mary Poppins. But as soon as he's seen meeting up with any RTP women police officers in the UK, that's when this whole investigation loses credibility. 

The alleged victim, her mother and her friend Martin have all stated she tried to report the rape on Phangan. It has been reported that a police officer on duty there said she couldn't talk about it as it happened on another island. There was no offer of support or help regarding any rape accusations. Why did she not report it initially on Kho Tao? I imagine if she really was raped she wouldn't have been thinking clearly. She would felt scared, ashamed and would have wanted to get as far away from the area ASAP. This is why rape cases are so sensitive. 

'After-the-fact' means 'occurring, done, or made after something has happened'. Her alleging rape is a fact. She claimed Kho Tao as being dangerous AFTER she made an accusation of rape and NOT before. So that's why she went to Kho Tao with her friends. You asking why she went there when she felt it a dangerous places is a misrepresentation of her words. She didn't think it was dangerous before she went. 

Am I assuming Big Joke won't go? Sure, I am. I'm assuming this based off what's happened. You're assuming we don't if he'll go or not because..................? 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

He can go anywhere he wants as long as he has a visa. He can go to England right now and sing 'A spoonful of sugar' dressed as Mary Poppins. But as soon as he's seen meeting up with any RTP women police officers in the UK, that's when this whole investigation loses credibility. 

The alleged victim, her mother and her friend Martin have all stated she tried to report the rape on Phangan. It has been reported that a police officer on duty there said she couldn't talk about it as it happened on another island. There was no offer of support or help regarding any rape accusations. Why did she not report it initially on Kho Tao? I imagine if she really was raped she wouldn't have been thinking clearly. She would felt scared, ashamed and would have wanted to get as far away from the area ASAP. This is why rape cases are so sensitive. 

'After-the-fact' means 'occurring, done, or made after something has happened'. Her alleging rape is a fact. She claimed Kho Tao as being dangerous AFTER she made an accusation of rape and NOT before. So that's why she went to Kho Tao with her friends. You asking why she went there when she felt it a dangerous places is a misrepresentation of her words. She didn't think it was dangerous before she went. 

Am I assuming Big Joke won't go? Sure, I am. I'm assuming this based off what's happened. You're assuming we don't if he'll go or not because..................? 

because you and nobody else knows yet. like i said. same comments round and round in circles. i'll wait for the next report

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

because you and nobody else knows yet. like i said. same comments round and round in circles. i'll wait for the next report

There are lots of things we don't know about this case. Doesn't help when people misrepresent what has been said already. 

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

There are lots of things we don't know about this case. Doesn't help when people misrepresent what has been said already. 

misrepresent what? nothing helps as it's just a discussion board. i said i'll wait for the next report which hopefully might even include a statement from the girl apart from that it's not worth discussing anymore as far as i am concerned. have a nice day, maybe catch up on the next report

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

misrepresent what? nothing helps as it's just a discussion board. i said i'll wait for the next report which hopefully might even include a statement from the girl apart from that it's not worth discussing anymore as far as i am concerned. have a nice day, maybe catch up on the next report

You said 'she pretty much accused the RTP as being dangerous and corrupt so she couldn't report there which begs the question why did she go there in the first place?' 

These are your words. She didn't say this before she made allegations of rape. She said it AFTER. That's why she went to the island in the first place - she didn't know. You asking this question will lead some members to believe she thought the island was dangerous before she alleged rape which isn't true. This is discrediting and misleading as you're misrepresenting the context of her comments. 

2 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

You said ‘ the investigation is now under the supervision of professionals’

That??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because she's back in the UK. The police there have rules, protocol and procedures when dealing with claims of rape. They don't just make it up as they go along. 

On 9/24/2018 at 9:53 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

How exactly was this determined? 'Foreign authorities' aren't stupid and will be fully aware of the Thai Police's reputation. And, it is not a good reputation.

"...In response to questions that the previously discredited online group "CSI LA" had said that Surachate went to the wrong site of the alleged rape he said that his investigation followed the comments of the mother of the victim in statements to the UK media.

Whether this was in fact the spot where the alleged crime took place is a matter in the continuing investigation..."

Wow! That is some serious back-pedaling. I wonder if he is worried about what the UK police are going to say? And what the effect will be on his sterling reputation? 

The lack of either seriousness, ability or some other reason is the reason that no young woman should go to Koh Tao again until there is demonstrable proof that the police there are trained, serious and dependable.

And, until then, boycott.

"...but that the foreign authorities had faith and confidence in the RTP that it would be handled properly..."  you missed out HE SAID????

7 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

I agree with your statement, but in no way are the UK police controlling this potential crime in Thailand, as they have zero power over the local monkeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said 'supervising' as in they are taking this seriously and following protocol. The British police know who to trust and how things are done. The RTP know this and are now backpedaling 'cos they worry they'll be made to look incompetent. 

It's like when you're at work and someone very qualified is walking around your office asking questions and looking at your work. You up your game 'cos you know you might be called on something if you've been slacking or up to no good. 

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

he can go without meeting the girl, as said many times i doubt he will that doesn't mean he won't.

can't misrepresent much as not a lot has been said as it seems she failed to report the rape.

she left the island the next day and didn't report there according to her mother as it was dangerous.

after the fact? what fact is that then?

i'll wait for the next report and by the way don't tell me not to misrepresent what has been said when you're are just posting assumptions yourself.

Well someone has to keep the female officer company on the trip and if i was allowed to bet i'd bet it would be a male as the RTP don't like female cops.

2 minutes ago, lanista said:

The mother looks very suspect.  I woudnt believe her or her daughter.

Is Big joke sending the interpreter over there to interview all the British girls who claim to have been raped in Thailand?

Busy trip ahead.

He's not sending anyone (least of all an 'interpreter'). Someone higher up might be sending some English-speaking female police officers to interview the girl. 

Why would Big Joke want to have every British female who's claimed to have been raped in Thailand interviewed? 

Just now, brianthainess said:

Well someone has to keep the female officer company on the trip and if i was allowed to bet i'd bet it would be a male as the RTP don't like female cops.

"The British Embassy told us the woman agreed to let Thai Police question her in England and we'll send female officers to talk to her later this month" said BJ

seems they'll send a group anyway

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

"...but that the foreign authorities had faith and confidence in the RTP that it would be handled properly..." 

How exactly was this determined? 'Foreign authorities' aren't stupid and will be fully aware of the Thai Police's reputation. And, it is not a good reputation.

"...In response to questions that the previously discredited online group "CSI LA" had said that Surachate went to the wrong site of the alleged rape he said that his investigation followed the comments of the mother of the victim in statements to the UK media.

Whether this was in fact the spot where the alleged crime took place is a matter in the continuing investigation..."

Wow! That is some serious back-pedaling. I wonder if he is worried about what the UK police are going to say? And what the effect will be on his sterling reputation? 

The lack of either seriousness, ability or some other reason is the reason that no young woman should go to Koh Tao again until there is demonstrable proof that the police there are trained, serious and dependable.

And, until then, boycott.

What about the drunk tourists reputation:   https://thethaiger.com/news/samui/25-british-woman-claims-she-was-raped-on-koh-phangan-but-later-recants

14 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

How about keeping on topic? different girl , different island.

There is a thread open if you bother to look!

It is on topic, there is no proof yet the rape actually happened. There have been several girls in Thailand over the last couple of years who were making up stories about rape.

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

It is on topic, there is no proof yet the rape actually happened. There have been several girls in Thailand over the last couple of years who were making up stories about rape.

You need to treat each story on it's merits, no mix 'n' match, thank you 

Archived